Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

At this point I’d be content with him turning into anything more than a deep decoy. 

He made a great play to save the pick, and then he made a terrible play to drop a 50 yarder. Call it a wash.

He didn't give up on the route or look back for the ball this time, though, so perhaps he is improving vs preseason and he'll catch the next one.

Call me Hopeful.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So is this how we're summoning Sky Diver today?

Nah.

3 hours ago, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

Nope I dont. A WR that cant catch nor track a football in the league isnt going to last long. He was a UDFA for a reason. 

3 hours ago, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

I don't see Foster ever being a #1 and he might not be on the roster next year. However, I do see the method behind the madness in releasing guys like Kerley and Streater and keeping Foster and McCloud. Allen is going to be a QB capable of creating very explosive plays and while the rookies may be maddening right now, they have big time athletic ability and time will tell if they can put it together. 

If you look at what KC is doing with Mahomes, they have a QB that makes you cover every blade of grass and they have fantastic athletes across the board. KC has been amassing freakish athletes for a while - not all of them are high picks.

- Tyreek Hill - 5th round

- Travis Kelce - 3rd round

- Demetrius Harris - UDFA

- Chris Conley - 3rd round

- Anthony Sherman - 5th round

- Kareem Hunt - 3rd round

Obviously Sammy Watkins was a high pick. But KC has picked up project type guys with high levels of athleticism, a bunch of them have hit, and now they have a QB who makes them super dangerous.

I’m amazed at the snark generated by the OP. Of course it’s not likely Foster develops into a WR1, but to my eyes, he does some things other receivers on this team can’t do.  He beat his man badly on two deep balls on Sunday.  On the first one, Allen underthrew him by about 15 yards.  The second one was perfectly thrown and dropped.  Just the threat of the deep ball is worth a lot to an offense.  And guess what folks: players can get better with time and experience.  Goodwin is just one example and there is every reason to think Foster could too.

4 hours ago, George C said:

Everyone here is so unstable and quick to judge. Fire McBeane after some expected rough spots are hit...yada...yada...

Foster is a kid, and one that is playing for the cheap. 

If Daboll sees talent, have some faith and give the kid a freaking chance to develop. We can always cut him down the line if he washes out. 

Um... we’ve given him the chance to develop. He’s shown he can’t tesck the football and can’t catch for nothin 

He is Featherstone from Unnecessary Roughness. The ball is your friend Dude. 

Edited by mrags

That first preseason game and this last one... he can't seem to catch deep balls and he seems to be a guy that separates for that. It probably CAN be improved and drilled into him though. He's here now so let's go for it. Josh needs some deep threats to make good sue of his cannon arm. In practice use a  machine for Forster. No need to give Allen a shoulder issue. 

4 hours ago, BBills88 said:

What are your thoughts?

He belongs on PS.  Maybe in a few years.  But not in the near future.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Kid has potential...long way to go, but he’s been beating DBs down field, so that’s a plus.  But he has to be able to have better ball tracking and still needs to polish his route tree before he can even be a regular contributor let alone a #1.  

...a year's supply of Lester Hayes Stickem' should help.........

• Like (+1) 1