Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

16 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

After seeing his performances the past couple of weeks and his rapid improvement, do you really believe that ? 

100%

Two weeks ago,everybody was in love with Jones as the next star...then the Jets game happened.

Edited by Misterbluesky

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

100%

Two weeks ago,everybody was in love with Jones as the next star...then the Jets game happened.

So your rationale for foster not being on the team next year is based on him not being a good ST'er ? I am not sure how the rest of this season plays out but he has shown a lot of growth since the offseason. We will wait and see but I expect him to be on the team next year. 

As for Jones, I cannot recall anybody proclaiming him to be a star at any point in is NFL career. That he has improved is undeniable and is supported by data (catch %, drop %). As of now, he is also a work in progress and needs to show consistency. But again, nobody on this board has projected him to be a #1 WR or even a sure-shot #2. 

Just to throw in Foster and his contract.  He is signed thru next year for 570k.

He becomes an ERFA in 2020.  That is good news.

Foster will be in camp next year fighting for a starter role.

I also think the traditional 1 2 3 4 WR rankings are a little more blurred in todays NFL.

Same holds true for the roles of TEs.

IMO

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just to throw in Foster and his contract.  He is signed thru next year for 570k.

I also think the traditional 1 2 3 4 WR rankings are a little more blurred in todays NFL.

IMO

Bear,I appreciate your optimism....

and I'll leave it at that.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

IMO

The Bills will have Foster for the next 3 seasons pretty cheap.  Unless he becomes a star next year or the year after and they give him a massive pay raise after his 3rd season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Bear,I appreciate your optimism....

and I'll leave it at that.

LOL, not sure what you think I'm saying.  I am in no way crowning Foster with anything.

I just was saying he will be in camp next year and he will be fighting for snaps.

I'm old enough and patient enough to see what FAs and Drafted WRs the Bills bring in before I started "predicting".

On a side note, I laugh and think about High School every time you call me Bear!

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to see him play the Goodwin role for this team minus the injuries and the ability to catch routes over the middle withoout getting bounced off the turf......

We need a big physical guy (I actually miss Justin Hunter) that will high point and take red zone passes away from defenders......

There are 2 WR's in this draft that can do that......and the bills might just be smart enough to snag one of them.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/12/robert-foster-developing-alongside-josh-allen/

ROBERT FOSTER DEVELOPING ALONGSIDE JOSH ALLEN

Allen isn’t the only rookie being afforded playing time down the stretch of a season with no pressure to make the playoffs, as wide receiver Robert Foster has hit his stride over the last month. Since being given more opportunity over the last 4 games, Foster has accumulated 13 receptions, 330 yards and 1 touchdown. In three of those four games, he’s accumulated at least 94 receiving yards.

Not bad for a rookie who only had 389 receiving yards throughout his college career.

Using his blazing 4.41s speed, Foster has been separating nicely for Josh Allen, and the two have been clicking. The best example of their improved rapport came Sunday against the New York Jets, as Foster had 7 receptions for 104 yards on 8 targets.

The best part about the budding duo is the trust you can see Allen having in Foster to make adjustments on passes, even in pressure situations. Attempting to drive for a game-winning score late against the Jets, Allen placed the ball on the back shoulder of Foster, who effortlessly turned his frame around and plucked it out of the air:

On Foster’s long touchdown reception against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Allen told Foster where he would be placing the ball. Foster made his way to that spot on the field and hauled it in. For two rookies who came into the season as “developmental” prospects, that’s impressive chemistry:

As the Josh Allen Experience continues in Buffalo, there will likely still be highs and lows. When Allen is able to make those beautiful, high-difficulty plays, the growing expectation is that Robert Foster will be on the receiving end.

Their development and rapport is just getting started.

• Like (+1) 1

Foster is a deep speed WR3.He can break a defense in a play.

with practice he can be what Lockett is as a #3 or #4 in Seattle.

Foster is no WR1 or WR2, but he is a dangerous WR3 or WR4. Build around a guy like this.

With a QB like Allen he has a role.

A WR1 and WR2 are still needed. Foster in the slot and Jones at the other slot is not bad.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Foster is a deep speed WR3.He can break a defense in a play.

with practice he can be what Lockett is as a #3 or #4 in Seattle.

Foster is no WR1 or WR2.

He had been both the past few weeks, and has produced like it.   The Miami game Allen missed two passes (where he was open) that would have given him near a hundred yards. He's running varied routes.  He consistently gets separation.  And he catches the ball.  Why can't he be a WR1 or WR2?   

Beane should still spend draft capital on a WR and let them all compete, but it seems to me the limits folks place on Foster is not based on his physical talent but his undrafted status; i.e. Those guys aren't usually difference makers so there is a cap on what they can be.  Watching him play, Foster looks like what people want in a lead dawg of a WR core.  And since he's back up from PS he's looked like it consistently.  He hasn't disappeared in the games. We might have to face the fact that the Bills got an impactful player in an unusual place.  I can live with that.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I see them drafting a WR high to be their #1, Foster being #2, Jones being #3 (slot) and McKenzie being #4.

I would be ok with this IF they bring in through draft or FA a solid pass catching TE.

I still think Zay could be a good slot WR seems more his role, but man I feel like the way his drops come (and the offseason) he might be a bit of a headcase 

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He had been both the past few weeks, and has produced like it.   The Miami game Allen missed two passes (where he was open) that would have given him near a hundred yards. He's running varied routes.  He consistently gets separation.  And he catches the ball.  Why can't he be a WR1 or WR2?   

Beane should still spend draft capital on a WR and let them all compete, but it seems to me the limits folks place on Foster is not based on his physical talent but his undrafted status; i.e. Those guys aren't usually difference makers so there is a cap on what they can be.  Watching him play, Foster looks like what people want in a lead dawg of a WR core.  And since he's back up from PS he's looked like it consistently.  He hasn't disappeared in the games. We might have to face the fact that the Bills got an impactful player in an unusual place.  I can live with that.

This! I mean I was not a Foster believer until the last two games... but man its like a light went on. He has sat in soft zones when needed and he actually stopped turned and caught a back shoulder throw from Allen against Jets.... seriously when is the last time we saw THE BILLS throw a back shoulder on a deep go route?

• Like (+1) 1

I'd argue that with Zay starting opposite Foster, Foster is already the Bills' #1 WR.  It's not like Zay is commanding double teams.

6 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I would be ok with this IF they bring in through draft or FA a solid pass catching TE.

I still think Zay could be a good slot WR seems more his role, but man I feel like the way his drops come (and the offseason) he might be a bit of a headcase 

I'm not sure from where they'll get a #1 WR.  The draft seems weak and there aren't any in FA.  A trade would cost a ton.  But I'd still look for one and hope that Foster continues to look like a stud.  I also agree with adding a TE.  But they really need OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, PolishPrince said:

This! I mean I was not a Foster believer until the last two games... but man its like a light went on. He has sat in soft zones when needed and he actually stopped turned and caught a back shoulder throw from Allen against Jets.... seriously when is the last time we saw THE BILLS throw a back shoulder on a deep go route?

I love back shoulder passes on those routes. Some of the easiest chunk of yards you can get in specific game situations.. it's so hard to defend. We can finally get a WR to do that and time with Allen correctly we have a new huge weapon with that play in our arsenal.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1