Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

• Haha (+1) 7

No, I really don't. His route running is suspect and his hands don't seem to remember how to catch the ball. To me a true #1WR is one who runs great routes, catches virtually anything thrown his way, understands protections and Defenses and makes adjustments, gets YAC, can block and can hit the home run ball all in the same game. Now, that maybe expecting too much, but if we're talking about standards for a #1WR, that to me is it. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

No. 1 receiver? No. If he fixes the ball-tracking and drop issues he may become a servicable outside burner in 3- and 4-receiver sets.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No. My thoughts are...he can't catch a football. Maybe he can switch to corner.

That would require him being able to track a football... Which he can't do.

6 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

What are your thoughts?

Can't catch.

Can't track the football.

Those are the two most important skills for a wr.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of course not!! He’s currently about a 4th receiver on the worst WR group in the NFL. For some context there are currently 120 or so better NFL receivers. If our goal is to have the 120th best receiver in football as our top guy we need to make it a bigger priority. Foster doesn’t look like he belongs on an NFL roster and certainly not a guy near the top of a depth chart.

I guess that we are the same people that thought Nate Peterman was a viable starting option though so....you never know

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

What are your thoughts?

I think they don't have any quality WR's and this is why R Foster is playing. Bills probably would be happy with him catching some balls.

Edited by snamsnoops
  • Like (+1) 1

Everyone here is so unstable and quick to judge. Fire McBeane after some expected rough spots are hit...yada...yada...

Foster is a kid, and one that is playing for the cheap. 

If Daboll sees talent, have some faith and give the kid a freaking chance to develop. We can always cut him down the line if he washes out. 

• Like (+1) 5

Lots of trite answers in this thread based (mostly fairly) on Foster's play thus far.  Most people thought Jason Peters would never be any good either.  I'm willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt on this one and see if he can develop.  If he's a late bloomer and turns into even a solid #2 then it's a huge steal for the Bills.  If he never develops the skills, then they move on. It's not like his reps are coming at the expense of Andre Reed sitting on the bench.

1 minute ago, George C said:

Everyone here is so unstable and quick to judge. Fire McBeane after some expected rough spots are hit...yada...yada...

Foster is a kid, and one that is playing for the cheap. 

If Daboll sees talent, have some faith and give the kid a freaking chance to develop. We can always cut him down the line if he washes out. 

Yup.  Daboll obviously has seen something we don't.

• Like (+1) 2