Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Zay had a problem adjusting his rookie year and then lost a lot of time over the off-season with his incident.  He looks to be coming around but needs a solid and drama-free off-season.

He's still awful. Yes he makes some 9 yard catches and a couple first downs but he doesn't really get good separation, he still drops a lot of balls, he doesn't fight or come back for the ball well, he still has a little trouble tracking it, he's just not good or reliable. He's not nearly as bad as he was but he's good for two drops a game, which is awful.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/13/2018 at 1:19 AM, purple haze said:

He had been both the past few weeks, and has produced like it.   The Miami game Allen missed two passes (where he was open) that would have given him near a hundred yards. He's running varied routes.  He consistently gets separation.  And he catches the ball.  Why can't he be a WR1 or WR2?   

Beane should still spend draft capital on a WR and let them all compete, but it seems to me the limits folks place on Foster is not based on his physical talent but his undrafted status; i.e. Those guys aren't usually difference makers so there is a cap on what they can be.  Watching him play, Foster looks like what people want in a lead dawg of a WR core.  And since he's back up from PS he's looked like it consistently.  He hasn't disappeared in the games. We might have to face the fact that the Bills got an impactful player in an unusual place.  I can live with that.

I think fans forget he was one of the top recruits in the country coming out of high school.  I will never understand why receivers go to Alabama but they do.  No production obviously with the style they play.  Hoping he is a keeper and proves his high school ranking right.  Stature doesn't matter if you can separate.  

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's still awful. Yes he makes some 9 yard catches and a couple first downs but he doesn't really get good separation, he still drops a lot of balls, he doesn't fight or come back for the ball well, he still has a little trouble tracking it, he's just not good or reliable. He's not nearly as bad as he was but he's good for two drops a game, which is awful.

...Jesus, lost your flea collar I take it?.....itchy...beotchy..........

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/25/2018 at 6:35 AM, dorquemada said:

Lots of trite answers in this thread based (mostly fairly) on Foster's play thus far.  Most people thought Jason Peters would never be any good either.  I'm willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt on this one and see if he can develop.  If he's a late bloomer and turns into even a solid #2 then it's a huge steal for the Bills.  If he never develops the skills, then they move on. It's not like his reps are coming at the expense of Andre Reed sitting on the bench.

Yup.  Daboll obviously has seen something we don't.

Jason Peters showed signs of being elite after his 3rd game. If there was any elite talent at WR on this easily worst WR core in the NFL they would've stood out by now on tape. 

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Jason Peters showed signs of being elite after his 3rd game. If there was any elite talent at WR on this easily worst WR core in the NFL they would've stood out by now on tape. 

You're a couple months (like the post to which you are responding) late here.

Edited by Doc

To me there is a huge difference between doing it for two games and doing it for four out of five or six. It becomes no longer a fluke. Not to mention that when you watch replays or all-22 he is always getting open. And he's a "playmaker" which is a huge difference as well from a guy like Zay Jones, who is not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Hes in his second year.  He will compete for the number 2.  He doesnt need to be the fastest reciever he just needs to keep improving.  Hes getting open more often.  He was interfeared with a lot today as well.  As our QB grows in popularity we will get more calls.  I wonder what the few who said Foster wont be on the team next year have to say now.