Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

If he can put on about 12 pounds and retain his speed, kid could be legit. I don't know what was up with him the beginning of the year and why he was so awful, but the 180 he's pulled makes me think if he keeps working he could be the guy.

iskdze4pbwe3ga862hac.jpg

A few weeks ago, Robert Foster said he needed to be cut. The undrafted rookie receiver felt being released by the Bills only made him more focused on becoming a successful NFL wideout. After a few weeks on the Buffalo practice squad, Foster got a second chance and he’s quite literally run with it.

In the Bills last four games, Foster has provided eight of the team’s 16 pass plays of 20 yards or more.

On Sunday, Buffalo’s deep threat had three, though two were aided by Jets penalties. Foster finished the game with 104 yards on seven catches, his second 100-yard receiving day of the season.

"For an undrafted free agent I think he's done a nice job," said McDermott. "It's a credit to him the way he's developed. He's developed a nice rapport with Josh (Allen). He's started to round out his approach to the game with his preparation and the detail on his routes. And that will only continue to develop."

Since Week 10, when he was promoted back to the active roster, Foster ranks second in the league among rookie receivers with 330 yards. Only Carolina’s D.J. Moore has more (379). The Alabama product also leads the league in yards per game for NFL rookies since week 10 at 82.5.

Foster’s pair of 100-yard receiving games leaves him trailing only Sammy Watkins (4), Glenn Bass (3) and Elbert Dubenion (3) in team history for most 100-yard receiving games by a rookie. And Foster is the only undrafted wideout to produce two 100-yard days in his rookie season.

“I’m proud of him,” said offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. “It hasn’t been easy for him, really, growing up to where he is now. He’s been through a lot and that’s a sign of a mentally tough person is to be able to fight through adversity, concentrate on the things that you can control, doing it to the best of your ability, block the noise out and work hard. When you get the opportunity, make the most of it. He’s done that the last couple of weeks and we need him to continue to do that.”

• Like (+1) 1

Anything is possible for Foster. I said he could be an electrifying #3 to now I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our #1. He's a raw prospect, good thing is coach Robiskie is a good NFL coach and this is what good NFL coaches do. Mouse McNally did the same thing with Jason Peters. So long as Foster listens to Robiskie he'll develop into a good player, the talent is there.

• Like (+1) 1

He's actually 3rd among rookie WRs (Ridley).  But still impressive.

And again, there is no reason he can't be a #1 WR if he works on his craft and he can easily pack on about 5-10#.  That being said, I'd still look to acquire a #1 WR.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Foster is a keeper.  #1? No.  I say that because you cant scheme away a true #1.  Now I will say he will dictate coverage.  He could become a very good deep threat. 

It will be pretty hard to scheme away a guy with great speed and the ability to separate,  excellent route running and good hands.  I guess you could try to press him at the LOS but that's dangerous. 

18 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Foster is a keeper.  #1? No.  I say that because you cant scheme away a true #1.  Now I will say he will dictate coverage.  He could become a very good deep threat. 

I think there's a good chance that Foster will face a healthy amount of snaps matched up against Darius Slay this week.  If so it will be a good test for him to gauge where he is at this point in his career.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz