Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

Miles Boykin from Notre Dame. Good route runner, catches basically everything, and he's 6'4" 225lbs. He's what they hoped Benjamin could be for us right now. He can also be had on day 2 of the draft. 

On topic though, Foster is really surprising me right now. If he gets the nuances of the game down and continues to work at his craft then he's gonna be a weapon in this league for a long time. 

Edited by H2o

I was disappointed with Foster early on. I mean he was getting open, but the drops and poor tracking was bad...... He has come a long way quickly. I just hope it continues. We could really use the help obviously and it will help Allen's development having more WR who can gain separation.

With a 6'2" and 196# frame and 4.3 speed, what appear to be improved tracking ability and hands, and a desire to get better, there's no reason to think he couldn't be a #1 WR.  I'd still draft one just to give Josh more weapons though.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:54 PM, HappyDays said:

Yep I was all about Marquise Brown but Foster looks to be developing nicely, so the biggest thing this team needs is a tough catcher with length who can win jump balls. No question Harry can be that guy.

Here's a good draft profile:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/26/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-nkeal-harry/

You absolutely don’t plan your receiving Corp around foster hanging onto 3-4 catches in a row.... you take the best player available and Foster gets to slowly develop as a spot player hopefully. 

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'll say this.  I was a huge detractor of Robert Foster due to his preseason play, but his recent play has me thinking that he might have the goods.  Let's see what happens.

Can't look at preseason play for any rookie to be a good indicator about their play.  They need time to develop and acclimate themselves to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

With a 6'2" and 196# frame and 4.3 speed, what appear to be improved tracking ability and hands, and a desire to get better, there's no reason to think he couldn't be a #1 WR.  I'd still draft one just to give Josh more weapons though.

He certainly could someday become a player - but a month on the practice squad didn’t make him a different guy than he has been the previous 4.5 years. Your best shot is to ease him in with packages and limited pressure as a 4-5 guy next year and hope he grows into a 2-3 the year after.

We still need to add two guys around zay that should be considered starting caliber immediately. Foster can’t be 1 ACL injury to a starter at camp away from being an every down player all season.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He certainly could someday become a player - but a month on the practice squad didn’t make him a different guy than he has been the previous 4.5 years. Your best shot is to ease him in with packages and limited pressure as a 4-5 guy next year and hope he grows into a 2-3 the year after.

We still need to add two guys around zay that should be considered starting caliber immediately. Foster can’t be 1 ACL injury to a starter at camp away from being an every down player all season.

Sorry, wasn't suggesting it would happen over the off-season necessarily.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Can't look at preseason play for any rookie to be a good indicator about their play.  They need time to develop and acclimate themselves to the NFL.

Its who he was in college too though.

Unless you show me that he got a new set of contacts with an updated prescription or something - he’s just inconsistent. He dropped a few then he caught a few. It wasn’t like he was going to drop everything all season.

Foster looks to be improving.  Shouldn't be considered a number one at this point.  He should get full playing time now.  He looks like a great stretch the field candidate moving into next season and with Allen's arm, one might conclude that they will become best friends soon.  With a progressing Zay Jones in the slot, we could be looking at two good targets moving forward.  I'd be looking for a tough number 1 and an athletic receiving tight end for Allen.  I'd like to see what Daboll can do next year.  He's shown some things with his play calling in the last two weeks with his use of Mckenzie.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Sorry, wasn't suggesting it would happen over the off-season necessarily.

I get it but if we only add 1 starter with zay... we are stuck with he and deonte as 3 and 4? And that’s assuming the starter we add actually works out (rookies don’t always)

Not adding multiple guys is how you end up where we are today and potentially forcing him into an every down role.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Its who he was in college too though.

Unless you show me that he got a new set of contacts with an updated prescription or something - he’s just inconsistent. He dropped a few then he caught a few. It wasn’t like he was going to drop everything all season.

Many players are inconsistent early in their career and develop out of it.  It happens all the time.  Is he there yet, no obviously not but he just got called up and started playing.