Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

I don't need him to be a #1 WR. I need him to be a solid #2 option. With teams running 3 WR sets all the time I want to him to be one of those 3 which he seems to be doing as the deep threat. Zay seems to have found his way as a slot guy so we just need a big guy to run the ladder outside like KB was suppose to have done.

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

His size helps but it doesn’t really matter when determining if someone can be a #1 WR.

I'd say that size is important for a #1 WR  Most of them have it.  Foster's speed is a given, which is why I didn't mention it.  And his hands have shown to be much improved.  Again if he works hard enough to get better, anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Right now, I like N'Keal Harry from ASU.  He's big and the biggest thing about him...his deep threat ability.  Also makes a ton of contested catches.

I think he can step in and be an instant #1.  

I like Harry a lot, but I don't think he should be expected to be the #1 right away, or at least not in the traditional sense. Traditionally, when you talk about a #1 WR, you're referring to the split end or X receiver (aka the guy that lines up on the line of scrimmage and fights press coverage). I don't think Harry is ready to do that in the NFL at the moment; maybe he improves in the offseason and adds that to his arsenal. He certainly has the physical tools to be that guy. But right now, I think he's a flanker/Z guy; he's not really great at fighting press coverage right now but he's a massive threat when he's lined up off the LOS. I think guys like DK Metcalf, Collin Johnson, and Deebo Samuel are more ready for the role of being the X receiver right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd say that size is important for a #1 WR  Most of them have it.  Foster's speed is a given, which is why I didn't mention it.  And his hands have shown to be much improved.  Again if he works hard enough to get better, anything is possible.

I mean nothing is impossible but the guy had the best coaching possible at the best program in the country.  He just isn’t consistent enough.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean nothing is impossible but the guy had the best coaching possible at the best program in the country.  He just isn’t consistent enough.

Maybe. But it's inarguable that he is here because one of those coaches at Alabama thought he was good enough for the NFL. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He also had injury issues.  With his size and speed and what appear to be improved hands, it's up to him how good he wants to be.  And the fact that he was the only WR to stay over the bye week to work with Allen tells me he has the desire.

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Really good player. I have seen most every game of his. He would be a nice #1 pick and WR. He's got good game speed for a huge guy. 

Yep I was all about Marquise Brown but Foster looks to be developing nicely, so the biggest thing this team needs is a tough catcher with length who can win jump balls. No question Harry can be that guy.

Here's a good draft profile:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/26/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-nkeal-harry/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep I was all about Marquise Brown but Foster looks to be developing nicely, so the biggest thing this team needs is a tough catcher with length who can win jump balls. No question Harry can be that guy.

Here's a good draft profile:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/26/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-nkeal-harry/

Yeah that's pretty accurate. He's amazingly nimble and quick at times. You also never see a guy with his size as the PR sometimes, and he's really good. Had a ridiculous 90 yard PR TD earlier this year. 

NOOOOOOO draft and sign receivers and see how he looks when he's not the only pass catcher on the team that belongs in the NFL. He's our #1 now but that's because we got receivers that shouldn't even be #5 emergency depth guys.

We'll know a lot more about Foster when he has real receivers with him. Until then good god we can't just Pat ourselves in the back and act like we just found ourselves an All-Pro WR and consider that position settled. It's the worst unit in the league.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1