Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

What is great IMO, is when people (on this board and in life) are ready to write a book on a Rookie after one year, let alone a few games. Foster, like Allen, Teller and Milano last year can D-E-V-E-L-O-P.....it's an amazing thing. You know, they come in the league looking like Rookies and then lo and behold, with some coaching, training and time .....get better.

So, I have NO idea if Foster can sustain this limited success - but I DO know he looked much improved. If that carries from one week to the next, awesome. A true #1, I don't think that's in the cards based on size, but hey - ya' never know. 

We should be thanking the football gods for Tremaine Edmunds getting healthy, as that allowed Ramon Humber to be released and Foster promoted on Saturday to be able to play. Timing is everything.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Barkley-Foster hit this play in practice a few times and realized someone could hit him with the long ball. Allen-Foster just couldn't get the timing down.  Peterson can't throw the pass and Anderson never got any chemistry with him because DA was building timing with KB/Zay/Clay etc...

Meanwhile with Peterman taking snaps and missing,  Barkley and Foster are working on the long ball and it's working. Foster gets called up and BAM!

Foster made more plays yesterday than Benjamin has made all year. 

At this point I don't understand how they can keep Benjamin on the roster any longer. 

Go with Jones, Foster and Pryor and see if they can develop ahead of next season. 

Foster won't be a #1 guy, but he looks like a decent situational deep threat. 

4 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

This. Although finding true WR1s is very hard. I think we to find a contested catch player, either at TE or WR

I was a big advocate of going after Tyrell Williams in FA, he is a proper field stretching speedster, but also a good WR, maybe Foster could fill that role.

I wouldn't hate 3-Wides in 2019 with Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones and Robert Foster...  That's a really nice blend of speed and size in all 3 for their respective roles.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn't hate 3-Wides in 2019 with Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones and Robert Foster...  That's a really nice blend of speed and size in all 3 for their respective roles.

Every TD would be 20+ yards from outside the redzone

52 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He reminds me of Croom but as a WR. Athletic but runs horrid routes and drops and fumbles passes, both are bad blockers as well. I want blue chip talent at WR and TE.

TE I wouldn't spend on. Great TEs don't reach FA so you end up doing what we did with Clay. Pay top money for average. I'd prefer we just draft until we find one

4 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t remember Foster catching any ball at all earlier in the season. Only missed balls by either Allen underthrowing him, or Foster not being able to locate or dropping the ball. 

My point was Foster had some catchable throws from Allen he was unable to track or haul in.

Meta-point: it's amazing how one's definition of "catchable ball" changes watching WR on other teams

If Foster has improved from a couple months on practice squad and catch stuff now, glad he's playing

4 hours ago, mrags said:

What sucks is he had a sure TD and couldn’t stay in bounds. 

Half-empty glass much?

The answer to this question is NO. I think we all know that.

I do like the fact that they've recognized the need for speed and versatility at the position and brought him back up and brought in Isaac McKinnock.

Those sweeps to McKenzie could be more prominent going forward. They've tried it a few times with Zay, but he really doesn't have the athletic skillset to make it work.

Foster needs to do the Marv Levy thing...with the postcards.  One year, I don't remember the receivers name, Marv came to the guy after the season and handed him a stack of postcards addressed to Marv.  Marv told him to have somebody throw him 100 balls each day during the off season.  And, Marv wanted the kid to write down how many he caught that day and mail the card to him.   Allegedly fixed the kids hands that off season.   Foster needs his hands fixed!!!

4 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think he could be a depth WR, which we need. Too early to say he's possibly a viable #3. 

...kid sure as hell is well traveled going from the penthouse to the outhouse and now back to the penthouse......let's see which "house" he resides in next week....stay tuned.........

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I think Barkley-Foster hit this play in practice a few times and realized someone could hit him with the long ball. Allen-Foster just couldn't get the timing down.  Peterson can't throw the pass and Anderson never got any chemistry with him because DA was building timing with KB/Zay/Clay etc...

Meanwhile with Peterman taking snaps and missing,  Barkley and Foster are working on the long ball and it's working. Foster gets called up and BAM!

Foster dropped a pass just like this from Allen earlier in the year

The "kids" on this team should improve as the season goes along. Edmunds as I recall got off to a slow start too. but has improved from week to week. Teller looks like a player too now. The same should hold true for Allen. I've said it before and will keep saying it. You don't just set the league on fire in your rookie years. It takes time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. You're going up against the best of the best on a weekly basis. It's not the same as college football where you can dominate based on your physical skills alone. It simply takes time. Every rookie is different in how fast the game slows down for them. Making snap judgements on rookies is idiotic. Just sit back, relax and watch for improvement from week to week. This is a transitional season. With another good draft in 2019 and plenty of cap space this team is headed in the right direction. Just sit back everyone and chill!

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/25/2018 at 7:25 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course not!! He’s currently about a 4th receiver on the worst WR group in the NFL. For some context there are currently 120 or so better NFL receivers. If our goal is to have the 120th best receiver in football as our top guy we need to make it a bigger priority. Foster doesn’t look like he belongs on an NFL roster and certainly not a guy near the top of a depth chart.

I guess that we are the same people that thought Nate Peterman was a viable starting option though so....you never know

Sky Diver not only condemns you but hopes you rot in hell for your bias against Bama players. He thinks you are incorrigibly obtuse because you can't bring yourself to  acknowledge the fact that all former Bama players are great. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1