Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

10 hours ago, mabden said:

He is the new Mark Duper. 

Did you mean to say Mark Duplass?

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

At this point I’d be content with him turning into anything more than a deep decoy. 

He made a great play to save the pick, and then he made a terrible play to drop a 50 yarder. Call it a wash.

The DB actually dropped it before he made the good play but it was a good move and try by him, seeing it was going to likely be picked.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Those with hands are destined to be wr's.  Those that don't are db's. Robert (don't call me Woods) Foster has probably been dropping balls since pop warner.

i'm not going any further... foster is gonna make some huge plays for us in the future....i can't wait. just needs confidence.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That would require him being able to track a football... Which he can't do.

Can't catch.

Can't track the football.

Those are the two most important skills for a wr.

nope

speed are the two most important things for WR.

ya can't teach speed.

: )

Seriously folks. The Kid could take to some good Coaching and a QB who can get it over the defender. There isn't a number one on this Team right now !
could he become one.
Magic eight ball says "try again later "

Odds say. "not likely "

sure hoping for him though.

As Jim Nantz said and Tony Romo countered ," on any Sunday "

Seems to hold true for last weekend. so ya never know  ... :  )

As long as he can learn how to catch the ball when it's thrown to him he should be able to be a #1 because he can get open but if he continues to drop balls when they hit him in the hands & chest that could be a problem !! 

I do like him BUT just saying !! 

Don't think he'll be a number one, but I certainly think he can develop into someone who can stretch defenses.  Do people forget deep balls bouncing off Beebe's hands?  I used to call him "The Deep Threat That Couldn't Catch The Long Ball"

21 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Don't think he'll be a number one, but I certainly think he can develop into someone who can stretch defenses.  Do people forget deep balls bouncing off Beebe's hands?  I used to call him "The Deep Threat That Couldn't Catch The Long Ball"

if he earns a roster spot fairly and squarely and then become a solid contributor i would be delighted.

The young receivers might well grow with Allen. might suck at contract time. but good problem to have , as they say.
consider how he came into the League etc , be nice story for him to carve a  solid spot out on the 53 this year

56 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

nope

speed are the two most important things for WR.

ya can't teach speed.

Seriously folks. The Kid could take to some good Coaching and a QB who can get it over the defender. There isn't a number one on this Team right now !
could he become one.
Magic eight ball says "try again later "

Odds say. "not likely "

sure hoping for him though.

As Jim Nantz said and Tony Romo countered ," on any Sunday "

Seems to hold true for last weekend. so ya never know  ... :  )

Tracking/catching are the most important.

You can be a great WR and not be insanely fast.

You can also be insanely fast, but not a great WR.

You CANNOT be a great WR if you cannot track/catch the ball.

The greatest WRs in NFL history range from 4.3-4.7 (which is a pretty big difference actually in regards to what the NFL considers speed)

Guess what they ALL have in common?
THEY CAN CATCH THE FLIPPING FOOTBALL.

They didn't have to be "coached" in terms of "learning to catch".

23 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Tracking/catching are the most important.

You can be a great WR and not be insanely fast.

You can also be insanely fast, but not a great WR.

You CANNOT be a great WR if you cannot track/catch the ball.

The greatest WRs in NFL history range from 4.3-4.7 (which is a pretty big difference actually in regards to what the NFL considers speed)

Guess what they ALL have in common?
THEY CAN CATCH THE FLIPPING FOOTBALL.

They didn't have to be "coached" in terms of "learning to catch".

yes they did. They all do.
Natural talent takes you only so far.

But i see your point as well. By the time  they hit the NFL they should have  firm grasp on catching the ball.

see what i did there ?
 But i think the learning and skill development never ends. its their craft as they say these days. Coaching and film study helps. Thats why the NFL has WR s Coaches i guess.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:13 AM, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

I don't, but I know of someone on here that probably does ?

On 9/25/2018 at 4:13 AM, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

Potential sure, will he? Current opinion is doubtful.

To be honest, based upon current performance, our top receivers are Andre and Ray Ray, imho...

On 9/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, 3rdand12 said:

yes they did. They all do.
Natural talent takes you only so far.

But i see your point as well. By the time  they hit the NFL they should have  firm grasp on catching the ball.

see what i did there ?
 But i think the learning and skill development never ends. its their craft as they say these days. Coaching and film study helps. Thats why the NFL has WR s Coaches i guess.

At this point you almost have to wonder if there’s something like a vision issue, ala our corner that had to have eye surgery. 

Odds are with this number of career reps and decent coaching even in college it’s not a matter of learning such an incrediblely basic skill for his position.