Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

4 hours ago, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

Based on what I’ve seen he’s a solid #2 ? 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't think ROBERT FOSTER believes he can develop into a #1 receiver.

He provides much needed speed to a pedestrian WR core, so he has some value. He's going to have to complete a few plays in order to stick in the league.

A good point that I happen to agree with.  I think a lot of the mistakes stem from him not being mentally ready...not necessarily from his lack of talent.  That said, however, nothing breeds confidence like success.  

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I’m amazed at the snark generated by the OP. Of course it’s not likely Foster develops into a WR1, but to my eyes, he does some things other receivers on this team can’t do.  He beat his man badly on two deep balls on Sunday.  On the first one, Allen underthrew him by about 15 yards.  The second one was perfectly thrown and dropped.  Just the threat of the deep ball is worth a lot to an offense.  And guess what folks: players can get better with time and experience.  Goodwin is just one example and there is every reason to think Foster could too.

The odds are very low that a UDFA becomes a #1. The most important aspects of being an nfl WR are route running and hands. So far all he has displayed is speed. A guy like Michael Thomas who runs about a 4.6 is a #1 WR. This guy’s ceiling is marquise Goodwin or John brown, both of whom were drafted in the 3rd. Neither are a #1. 

Any snark from me is more about the #1 WR comment based on what we have seen and know about him. Not that he can never be an ok complementary guy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

People complain about the off season on this board. They just had a great win and the threads I'm seeing are

"John Murphy, underrated or overrated?"

Some crap about Fitz

And can Robert foster be a number 1.

If this is September bring me back !@#$ing April. At least I'm looking forward to good weather.

No Robert foster won't be a number 1. He's not good. Pretty simple.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That would require him being able to track a football... Which he can't do.

Can't catch.

Can't track the football.

Those are the two most important skills for a wr.

There is a third mandatory skill, getting separation.

24 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

There is a third mandatory skill, getting separation.

Tracking and catching are more important.

Separation is based on the QB and wr.

Megatron, Dez, Fitzgerald are not big separation guys, and instead are jump ball types.

I would say that separation is very nice, but not as necessary as tracking and catching.

I wont' say it is impossible...but it is pretty darn close to impossible.  In todays NFL, I want to term a #1 receive someone you can rely on for at least 70 catches, 900 yards and 5+ TDs EVERY year, with the potential for 90 catches, over 1000 yards and close to 10tds in a well run offense.  I don't see him, or anyone else on this roster...with that potential right now.

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

People complain about the off season on this board. They just had a great win and the threads I'm seeing are

"John Murphy, underrated or overrated?"

Some crap about Fitz

And can Robert foster be a number 1.

If this is September bring me back !@#$ing April. At least I'm looking forward to good weather.

No Robert foster won't be a number 1. He's not good. Pretty simple.

Bob's mom is going to kick your ass.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

He blows.