Lazy Buffalo media

Dadonkadonk

49 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The QB is 22, the MLB (QB of the defense) is 20, 14 players who are starters or play significant roles are 24 or under, and another five starters/significant role players are 25-26...

This is what McD meant when he said the team was young. He is referring to his starting players. which most are on the young side.

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Is anyone else amused and/or annoyed with McD constantly referring to this team as a "young football team"?  And the media never calls him on it.  I've seen rankings anywhere from 7th to 2nd OLDEST team in the league.  Yes they have rookies at QB and MLB with second year players at LT, DB, and OLB.  These are all critical positions but it hardly makes the entire team young.   Shady, KW, Hughes, Poyer, Hyde, Lorax, Star, Ducasse, KB, Ivory, Clay, and Davis before his retirement are all vets with many years of service and play key roles on the team.  

I know this is not a big deal but it is just really annoying.  I could not sit there as a reporter and hear him say "young football team" no less than 5 times in PC today and not call him out on the actual facts.

I consider the Bills a "young" team.

The most important player on their roster (Quarterback) is a rookie.  The guy standing in the middle of the field and calling out all the defensive plays (Middle Linebacker) is a rookie.  Every single game they play this season is going to be seriously impacted by the youth and inexperience of those two guys alone.  That's very significant.

Compare that to a team like New England or Pittsburgh.  Those teams are starting rookies as well, but their mistakes can be easily overcome by the vets elsewhere.