Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills need to give him a contract extension after the season. I get it - "rookie contract" blah blah. But there are some players that you just don't screw around with. Tre deserves to get paid what he's worth.

I could be wrong but I don’t think they can even offer a contract until his rookie deal is over. 

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills need to give him a contract extension after the season. I get it - "rookie contract" blah blah. But there are some players that you just don't screw around with. Tre deserves to get paid what he's worth.

Serious question: Is he even eligible for an extension after this season? When can a first round pick get a new deal???

50 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pay him early to avoid the garbage that surrounds modern contracts. As soon as we get that cap space next year, we should extend him. Get an early jump on that headache just Incase Allen ends up good. We are going to have to be proactive to avoid a current Seahawks disaster. Once that qb gets paid, that defense gets left for dead. Better sew up a few of the good young ones early.

Too soon. Cost controlled for 3 more seasons. 

I think calling him best in the league is a stretch... but I don’t think you’d have anybody argue if you said he’s top-5, maybe even top-3. I mean, can you think of more than two guys around the league that are clearly, obviously, far-and-away better than Tre?

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pay him early to avoid the garbage that surrounds modern contracts. As soon as we get that cap space next year, we should extend him. Get an early jump on that headache just Incase Allen ends up good. We are going to have to be proactive to avoid a current Seahawks disaster. Once that qb gets paid, that defense gets left for dead. Better sew up a few of the good young ones early.

We aren’t even allowed to sign him to a new deal until year 4 As he was a 1st round pick and not UDFA

15 hours ago, purple haze said:

Terrence McGee on line one for you...

McGee was the #2 at the time to Clements I believe?

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

True, but the other tow i listed proved to not worth what they were asking.

If White falls off then next 2 years, they may to keep him.  Why would they?  The NFL has proven that overpaying for FA CBs is a costly and avoidable error.

Tre White seems like a cornerstone player to me and is worth resigning to a mega deal. Based on those Bills Embedded clips I really like his personality. He doesn't seem to take himself super seriously. I do agree with what you're saying though. I believe Tre can be an exception.

PFF loved him last year but not so much this year.

I forget who said it, but someone was talking about Josh Norman when he "broke out", they said he was the same player he's always been, just one year he decided to start talking trash in the media and suddenly he got recognized as a top CB.  I think that's a pretty apt description of the recognition Tre (doesn't) get.