Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

49 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think since we ain’t winning now we need to trade white to create cap space and get some draft picks.  

Yeah the future looks bright!  We got 1. 

I'mma assume your first sentence is sarcasm? White is set up to be a cornerstone of this defense for the next 10 years, don't think they have any interest in trading their first overall draft pick.

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gilmore got burned often.....would not make the extra effort to actually intercept the balls......and gave up plays at the worst times.

His last year, yes, but in the second half of 2013 and then in 2014 and 2015 Gilmore was a really good player in Buffalo. I think White is already at that "really good" level and can get even better and be elite. But the attempt to pretend Gilmore wasn't good here is pretty sad. He was for the most part. Yes he was a bit half assed in 2016 and yes he dumped on Buffalo when he left but let's leave emotion on the side and focus on the reality. He was also really good in New England last year after a horrible first 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gilmore got burned often.....would not make the extra effort to actually intercept the balls......and gave up plays at the worst times.

Tre White is better then Stephon Gilmore and a bright spot on a team that doesnt have many this year.

Gilmore dropped a pick last night. When he got up, he actually had a look on his face that said, "Dammit, my bad" instead of his usual "wait, we were in the wrong coverage, right? Surely this massive completion for 70 yards is *NOT* on me!" I liked Gilmore while he was here and he most definitely had stretches where his play was solid and consistent. But almost every time he got beat, he'd always pop up and be looking around like "We f'ed up somewhere, whatever I just did on that play is what I was supposed to do, sooo...." 

9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Gilmore dropped a pick last night. When he got up, he actually had a look on his face that said, "Dammit, my bad" instead of his usual "wait, we were in the wrong coverage, right? Surely this massive completion for 70 yards is *NOT* on me!" I liked Gilmore while he was here and he most definitely had stretches where his play was solid and consistent. But almost every time he got beat, he'd always pop up and be looking around like "We f'ed up somewhere, whatever I just did on that play is what I was supposed to do, sooo...." 

THEN he got the massive contract.

I know eventually we are gonna have to pay Tre but it does feel good to have him a rookie contract for a while

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tre White is better then Stephon Gilmore and a bright spot on a team that doesnt have many this year.

“Burned often” okay bro.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank god the most important positions in the NFL aren’t QB, D and O lines and that you don’t need a complete team or anything and good game planning/prep out of a knowledgeable coaching staff

Edited by Gigs
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:12 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

I loved seeing that, that was some funny ****. I've been hesitant to get a Jersey because they all get traded or cut, but I'm really considering a white Jersey. He can play and has the confidence you want out of a corner.

you could get an an away White jersey and then if he is traded you could remove the White nameplate and still have a white jersey and no one would be the wiser.

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I guess that type of attitude really impressed Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I completely disagree. Often he seemed to not even try and he was burned way too often to be a star from where I sit.

Jmo.

There is a reason it was a no brainer to exercise the fifth year option. And a reason BB aggressively pursued him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2018 at 2:07 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

First of all New England ALWAYS have 2 top #1 cornerbacks: Logan Ryan and Brandon Browner, Brandon Browner and Darelle Revis, Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis AND Malcom Butler, Malcom Butler and Logan Ryan, Malcom Butler and Stephon Gilmore. At almost all these points, their #2 was better than our #1. And uh.. Devin McCourty the ENTIRE time. They value that secondary because having the strongest unit they have to support Brady getting them up points, forcing teams to air it out is a pretty darn good recipe for success.

Philly got rocked in their secondary by the way, could have used some Brady help. So did the Patriots, could have used some Butler.

If you want to point out Green Bay's 2010 superbowl team? Turns out they did what the Pats do! 2 probowl cornerbacks in CHARLES Woodson, and Tramon Williams, not to mention and up and coming Sam Shields. Again, their second best unit!

And I'll go down the list.. Seahawks had the best secondary in the league. Polamalu's Steelers had one of the best secondaries in the league. The Broncos won with a pass rush and two all pro cornerbacks in Talib and Chris Harris Jr..

I'm hard pressed to see a secondary that wasn't a huge reason for a team's success. I'll give you the Eagles.. and it skinned them alive.

They had Tramon Williams and young Sam Shields. Of course they had a loaded secondary. Haven't since, and haven't won a SB since. If you have that kind of passing attack you get a secondary to squash teams forced to pass. Patriots live and breathe by that. Post needs to be fact checked big time.

Brandon Browner was a trash corner his whole career. Probably why he flamed out of the league. Big != good. Logan Ryan and Malcom Butler are also really poor examples of star corners. They're solid players, but they aren't HOFers, and Revis was doing his swan song in NE. He wasn't half the player he was with NY. Stephon Gilmore was benched and he's probably getting cut after the season.

Playing for the Yankees might make you a star, but it doesn't mean you're great. I'm always happy to fact check for you.

On 9/24/2018 at 11:22 PM, Domdab99 said:

For the last few years, it was obviously Shady.

But Tre'Davious White has now taken over the mantle. The guy is now an elite, shut-down corner. 

Stefon Diggs had 4 catches for 17 yards.  

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

The Bills have got their No. 1 CB. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

They've got their safeties.

And yes, I think it's safe to say, they've now got their QB. 

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

Last week was his worst game in his young career as a Bill,on the flipside,he does a great job of leaving the past in the past...he's a strong headed young man and obviously has a bright future ahead of him...OBD didn't screw up when they drafted him,that's for sure.

44 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Last week was his worst game in his young career as a Bill,on the flipside,he does a great job of leaving the past in the past...he's a strong headed young man and obviously has a bright future ahead of him...OBD didn't screw up when they drafted him,that's for sure.

He really wasn’t that bad last week and I wouldn’t say it was his worst game and  pro..

AJ Green went over 100 on him with a few TDs... I don’t believe he gave up 100 yards to his receivers last week 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He really wasn’t that bad last week and I wouldn’t say it was his worst game and  pro..

AJ Green went over 100 on him with a few TDs... I don’t believe he gave up 100 yards to his receivers last week 

If my memory serves me...he gave up a full field on one play for a green td...then he shut him down after that.

10 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Gilmore was a star in Buffalo.

Gilmore was a very good player, but I never thought he was a top 5 player at his position at best he was arguably bottom top 10 for one to two seasons. His last two seasons in Buffalo he was a very inconsistent player, getting burnt or playing very well from game to game. 2014 and 2013 were his best seasons but as I said he was never an elite corner in those years. White is playing at a top 10 level right now and could easily be in the conversation as a top 5 corner soon. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Brandon Browner was a trash corner his whole career. Probably why he flamed out of the league. Big != good. Logan Ryan and Malcom Butler are also really poor examples of star corners. They're solid players, but they aren't HOFers, and Revis was doing his swan song in NE. He wasn't half the player he was with NY. Stephon Gilmore was benched and he's probably getting cut after the season.

Playing for the Yankees might make you a star, but it doesn't mean you're great. I'm always happy to fact check for you.

I wouldn't write of Revis as not being a really great corner that one year he was with the Pats*. On that team Revis was a top 5 (if not top 10) corner in the league. He might not have been quite Revis island but he wasn't that far off. 

On 9/24/2018 at 11:22 PM, Domdab99 said:

For the last few years, it was obviously Shady.

But Tre'Davious White has now taken over the mantle. The guy is now an elite, shut-down corner. 

Stefon Diggs had 4 catches for 17 yards.  

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

The Bills have got their No. 1 CB. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

They've got their safeties.

And yes, I think it's safe to say, they've now got their QB. 

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

He is the best. 

If his his name was Patrick Mahomes it’d be a lot cooler though. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Gilmore was a very good player, but I never thought he was a top 5 player at his position at best he was arguably bottom top 10 for one to two seasons. His last two seasons in Buffalo he was a very inconsistent player, getting burnt or playing very well from game to game. 2014 and 2013 were his best seasons but as I said he was never an elite corner in those years. White is playing at a top 10 level right now and could easily be in the conversation as a top 5 corner soon. 

I wouldn't write of Revis as not being a really great corner that one year he was with the Pats*. On that team Revis was a top 5 (if not top 10) corner in the league. He might not have been quite Revis island but he wasn't that far off. 

That's not my definition of star.