Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

7 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

For the last few years, it was obviously Shady.

But Tre'Davious White has now taken over the mantle. The guy is an elite, shut-down corner now. 

Stefon Diggs had 4 catches for 17 yards.  

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

The Bills have got their No. 1 CB. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

They've got their safeties.

And yes, I think it's safe to say, they've now got their QB. 

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

We all need some optimism for sure- Tre is at the top of his game and you can tell he loves what he does. Edmunds is coming along nicely too! As much as we like to pile on Zay he has been running crisp routes as of late. Going into next year we have 91 mil (I think) in cap space and ten draft picks. Couple that with, what I believe, is an outstanding coaching staff and we just might make a run or 3! Kyle Williams is still playing solid, expect him to come back for 1 more and see this through. When he is all done, I would love to see Kyle as a coach in some role such as quality etc..

Alow me to add- the Pats reign is slowly erroding away.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

White is the epitome of a class act. A hard working player who never settles and is always working at his craft. The best thing about it is we have him on his rookie deal for another 3 seasons after this one, assuming we will pick up his 5th year option. Definitely one of my favorite players right now. 

12 minutes ago, DCBills_OG said:

Now that we acknowledge that he is the best player on the roster......it's time to trade him......

Shut your mouth Young Man and go back to Canada.

Seriously thought, please NO!

Edited by KGun12TD

8 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

But Tre'Davious White has now taken over the mantle. The guy is an elite, shut-down corner now. 

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

You Like That? 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Shady is still really good but I agree and I said it after the LA game. Tre White is the best player on this team. 

Not ready to hail Josh yet - encouraging but just too early, similarly with Edmunds (still up and down) and I am slightly worried by Dion's start to the year. He isn't quite playing up to his best 2017 form yet. Some might be missing Richie and some just seems to be a bit of lower body power loss.

I think they have 3 of 5 pieces in the secondary and both the debutant corner and Taron Johnson in the nickel had solid games this past week. So that is back to being somewhat of a strength.

Milano is getting better and better he could end up being an absolute steal in the 5th so if Tre can keep trending up there then we have the makings of a dominant LB core for some years to come. 

The other units still need some work - Dline needs youth, OL and receivers (including TE) just need more talent. 

Yeah I still believe as I always have that White will end up being the better pro than Lattimore.    

And yeah we need to see a much larger body of work from Allen.    Even JP Losman had some excellent games and appeared to be developing into a stud under Jauron.    That game JP had in Houston where he threw for 340 yards and 3 TD (including a last minute game-winning TD dime to Peerless Price) appeared to be a for-sure breakout game for him and it was just a mirage.   I think sometimes playing AWAY from home can be easier for a young QB.   Less pressure. 

I love Dawkins but not really as a LT.   He might be the league's best LG and would be an excellent RT but not really sure he's ever going to be the technician needed to be an elite LT.   That said.......you don't need an *elite* LT.    The big problem will be that it's going to be hard to justify paying him $15M per year if he doesn't get there and if he's even a middle-of-pack LT someone with junk at LT will pay him that.    

Very impressed with Milano.   He's starting to look like the real deal.   If he can prove durable he'll be a hell of a player.   Probably need to lessen his snaps to keep him healthy though, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I love Dawkins but not really as a LT.   He might be the league's best LG and would be an excellent RT but not really sure he's ever going to be the technician needed to be an elite LT.   That said.......you don't need an *elite* LT.    The big problem will be that it's going to be hard to justify paying him $15M per year if he doesn't get there and if he's even a middle-of-pack LT someone with junk at LT will pay him that.    

Agree except for RT. When they tried him on the right in pre-season last year he really struggled to mirror the movements. I think he is a natural left sider but I completely agree that I think he is a middle of the pack left tackle (and that feels like his ceiling) but could be ELITE at LG.  If I had a shot at a top end LT in either the draft or FA I would take them and slide Dawkins inside. He can hold the fort at LT and not be a disaster but I don't think you are getting prime Jason Peters, or even prime Cordy Glenn play out of him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The great thing is we now have an owner that will be willing to give him the guaranteed money he will be seeking in his next deal.

The Bills have had some very good, first round, CB’s over the years that never stayed past their rookie deal because Mr. Wilson wasn’t willing to give them market value contracts at their position.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

10 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Damn impressive. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

IDK if they have the LT. They have a good player there but he's just a slightly above average player. They could use upgrades at all five positions on the line.

10 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Agreed. He is, hands down, a shut-down corner. Also agree with your assessment of what they have. Many cornerstones are in place and I, for one, love the way they’re building this team, regardless of the chaff received from many fans. 

It is now, I believe officially, Tre’s Island! ?

Agreed. But let’s come up with something other than the “Island” metaphor since that always reminds me of Revis and the Jest.

The Bermuda Tre’angle? Where receivers disappear off the map, never to be heard from again. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is why I laugh at those who cry over mahommes

yes we could have had him

no he would not look this good on our team

no we would not have the 2 first rounders that inevitably turned into Allen and edmunds

gikmore was outta here leaving a huge hole at corner

shut down. Corners extremely hard to find

But we would have still had our original first rounder.  And we would have had all the picks we used to trade up. So, no?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

We 10000% could have had Edmunds.  So I don't know what you're talking about.

But then we would have not had josh Allen so I don’t know what YOU are talking about

anf before you make the stupid comment that we would not have needed josh we instead thought it would be better to have a shutdown corner

not a bad decision teally