Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

On 9/24/2018 at 8:22 PM, Domdab99 said:

For the last few years, it was obviously Shady.

But Tre'Davious White has now taken over the mantle. The guy is now an elite, shut-down corner. 

Stefon Diggs had 4 catches for 17 yards.  

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

The Bills have got their No. 1 CB. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

They've got their safeties.

And yes, I think it's safe to say, they've now got their QB. 

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

other than hauschka...but a FG kicker isnt a 'real' player. Tre is one of the best players in the NFL period

11 minutes ago, Tcali said:

other than hauschka...but a FG kicker isnt a 'real' player. Tre is one of the best players in the NFL period

Nah, they're real players. Especially this year. Hauschka is a top 5 Bill for sure, but White is our King. Love live the king.

6 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Nah, they're real players. Especially this year. Hauschka is a top 5 Bill for sure, but White is our King. Love live the king.

mmm...im not sure they are even human beings....but hauschka has been brilliant.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Speaks volumes and helps explain our seven sacks, too. 

Tre had a tough assignment and handled it as well as I could have expected; perhaps better. And these clueless refs were pre-wired to call him for crap, too. The holding they tried to call on him ON A RUNNING PLAY in the first quarter was an eye opener; luckily the flag was picked up after the umpire explained the rules to the idiot who threw the flag.  And the one they did flag him for was a bad call. 

Houston thought nobody could cover him one on one, especially Watson, who time and time again tried to find him, took too long in doing so, and paid the price. Understandable, given Hopkins' crazy skill set. But Tre opened their eyes today. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Speaks volumes and helps explain our seven sacks, too. 

Tre had a tough assignment and handled it as well as I could have expected; perhaps better. And these clueless refs were pre-wired to call him for crap, too. The holding they tried to call on him ON A RUNNING PLAY in the first quarter was an eye opener; luckily the flag was picked up after the umpire explained the rules to the idiot who threw the flag.  And the one they did flag him for was a bad call. 

Houston thought nobody could cover him one on one, especially Watson, who time and time again tried to find him, took too long in doing so, and paid the price. Understandable, given Hopkins' crazy skill set. But Tre opened their eyes today. 

He may have passed Lattimore after today.  One of the best days out of a CB in a Bills uni I've ever seen, even playing against the refs.

Edited by BringBackOrton

Tre is a phenomenal player, but let's be 100% honest. A big part of his play is his physicality, he plays a very physical style.

Going back to last year with the play vs Gronk where he got the pick and a cheap shot to the head, White uses his hands.

My guess is Hopkins and the Texans spoke to the refs before the game and asked them to keep an eye on it.

I'm not saying he should change his style, but if other teams continue to point it out, he could see the penalties pile up.

45 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Any time a corner is far and away the best player on an NFL Team, said team is in a sorry state.

And yes, Tre White is the best player on the Bills.

True, but he's playing very well,  just as most of the defense is.  Too many to say it's just Tre'  

He’s an excellent corner 

it helps him that we dont have have a great corner across from him. Easier to avoid him. 

That said, plenty of the guys he’s facing are good enough to get targets even against decent corners 

A corner passing a rb as our best player is likely indicative of why we aren’t a powerhouse though.