Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Having a shut down corner like that lets you do so many things defensively.......then you add in a LB that can cover the entire field.....Taron Johnson...our secondaries.....

This defense is pretty good.....it has become our team indentity again

Taron- a steal in the 4th

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Having a shut down corner like that lets you do so many things defensively.......then you add in a LB that can cover the entire field.....Taron Johnson...our secondaries.....

This defense is pretty good.....it has become our team indentity again

I agree, I wish we could've traded for Kalil Mack. This defense would be top 5 right now with him next to Hughes. 

12 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

No one eats off the Tre ??

I want to get a Bills shirt with this on it, !@#$ing amazing post!!!!!

26 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'm just saying historically Buffalo doesn't resign their number one CB's after their rookie deals.

Tres different. McDermott , his teammates and the community love the kid. He's a face of the franchise type player. Ala Revis and Sherman (while it lasted) , those were very good cb but Tre has the potential to be an all time great. No chance he's not re-signed if McBeane is still here. I expect year 4 (2020) is where we lock him up long term 

An interesting question though, with Johnson looking like a phenomenal nickel, do we target a stud cb next year? Not many in far I see , Verret, Dennard but not many others. Do we target one high in the draft and make this the best secondary in the game?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

An interesting question though, with Johnson looking like a phenomenal nickel, do we target a stud cb next year? Not many in far I see , Verret, Dennard but not many others. Do we target one high in the draft and make this the best secondary in the game?

Having ten picks they will definitely draft a CB or two.  Just a matter of which round.  Good ones can be had outside round one.

59 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think we might have a future h.o.f in # 27 . He reminds me of Revis , usually on the best WR u got and QB still don't even pass his way. 

I loved how the announcer kept saying how u can't throw to Davis , who has been a beast, with White on him. Diggs, Adams and now Davis just blanketed by our stud , future pro bowl, all pro and possibly h.o.f.

All he does is bring last weeks paper out and point to his Mom stabbing a dude in the chest and tells them "She says you are next bro.."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Winfield played 8 seasons for minnesota and was a pro bowler for them 3 times.

True, but the other tow i listed proved to not worth what they were asking.

If White falls off then next 2 years, they may to keep him.  Why would they?  The NFL has proven that overpaying for FA CBs is a costly and avoidable error.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I think we might have a future h.o.f in # 27 . He reminds me of Revis , usually on the best WR u got and QB still don't even pass his way. 

I loved how the announcer kept saying how u can't throw to Davis , who has been a beast, with White on him. Diggs, Adams and now Davis just blanketed by our stud , future pro bowl, all pro and possibly h.o.f.

As good as Tre Day is... I would rather had Mahomes... & all our picks that we used to move up... & our players, so that we wouldn't have the $50+ million in Dead cap by choice.

But hey... I'm just a fan... what do I know? ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Winfield played 8 seasons for minnesota and was a pro bowler for them 3 times.

If they had just kept him, the CB carousel wouldn't have existed.  Don't forget Leodis in the never ending 1st round CB list too....ugh.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

As good as Tre Day is... I would rather had Mahomes... & all our picks that we used to move up... & our players, so that we wouldn't have the $50+ million in Dead cap by choice.

That’s right, you’re just a fan with the benefit or hindsight and zero accountability. 

While you’re at it why not just say we should have Odell, or Mack instead of Watkins. Hey, why stop there why didn’t we take Tom Brady?!?! 

This Mahomes schtick is old. You’re probably the same guy that wanted Nassib and every other hot topic qb that became NOTHING in this league.

If it was your your call or others like you we’d have a bust top ten qb every year. Grow up. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

He’s played a year and 5 games and he’s a future hall of famer? Ok then

The way he carries himself on and off the field at such a young age , I'd say he has the potential to be

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Cool story. But on the bright side we have competent individuals at important positions , like GM and HC and they had a different vision.

Unfortunately that included the dead cap but the foundation has been laid and the team is littered with talent and the HC and GM have a clear LONG TERM vision and I'm loving what they're putting together , I expect us to be legit contenders by next year for a very long time.

I'm sure there are cases to be made for a handful of guys but is he in the conversation?  

No one throws his way.  When they do he is in great position.  

Yes he had a penalty today but in general tre>lattimore as example 

• Like (+1) 1

Pay him early to avoid the garbage that surrounds modern contracts. As soon as we get that cap space next year, we should extend him. Get an early jump on that headache just Incase Allen ends up good. We are going to have to be proactive to avoid a current Seahawks disaster. Once that qb gets paid, that defense gets left for dead. Better sew up a few of the good young ones early.

• Like (+1) 1

From Joe B's Game Summary:

5) The Tre'Davious White treatment continues to impress
- The Buffalo Bills have found themselves in a spot where they continue to challenge their second-year cornerback Tre'Davious White, and all they get is more evidence that he is one of the best players -- if not the best player -- on the team. For the fourth straight week, the Bills chose to have White shadow the opponents' top receiver. This time around it was second-year wide receiver Corey Davis, and whenever White was covering him, he didn't do any damage. The only times when Davis made an impact on the game were when the Bills were either in a zone scheme and had a different corner lined up over him, or if the Titans got the Bills to make a mistake by stacking the receivers ahead of the snap. By showing the ability to take away a team's top target, White has given the Bills the ability to do so many different things with their defense in providing unique pressure packages, without the concern that the most talented receiver is going to make them pay in one-on-one coverage. White has been mostly perfect in those shadow matchups, except for Green Bay's Davante Adams, who got the better him on a pair of plays. Don't expect this trend to go away next week, either. I'd expect to see White lined up against his most difficult matchup yet -- DeAndre Hopkins of the Houston Texans. It will be exciting to see how he does against one of the best in the game.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pay him early to avoid the garbage that surrounds modern contracts. As soon as we get that cap space next year, we should extend him. Get an early jump on that headache just Incase Allen ends up good. We are going to have to be proactive to avoid a current Seahawks disaster. Once that qb gets paid, that defense gets left for dead. Better sew up a few of the good young ones early.

When his time comes. He will be one of the highest paid non QB players

in the league.