Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

For the last few years, it was obviously Shady.

But Tre'Davious White has now taken over the mantle. The guy is now an elite, shut-down corner. 

Stefon Diggs had 4 catches for 17 yards.  

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

The Bills have got their No. 1 CB. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

They've got their safeties.

And yes, I think it's safe to say, they've now got their QB. 

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

But Tre'Davious White has now taken the mantle. The guy is an elite, shut-down corner now. 

Even in garbage time, Cousins kept going to Thielen, who had 14 for 105. Why? Because Diggs - one of the slipperiest route-runners in the league - couldn't get open. 

Damn impressive. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

One more year, a few more key positions filled, and this team will really be a force to be reckoned with. 

In the meantime, keep learning how to win and grow together as a team. If our D comes to play every Sunday like they did this past Sunday, we're going to surprise some people and establish a good foundation moving forward. 

Agreed. He is, hands down, a shut-down corner. Also agree with your assessment of what they have. Many cornerstones are in place and I, for one, love the way they’re building this team, regardless of the chaff received from many fans. 

It is now, I believe officially, Tre’s Island! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Tre is awesome.  He is a perfect combination of size, speed, and tackling.  He is not elite at any of those characteristics but he may be the best combination of all three the Bills have ever had.  Winfield was the best tackler by far, Clements was best big corner, and McKelvin or McGee probably the fastest.  None of them were the complete package though Winfield was truly exceptional for a long time.  Tre has a chance to quickly move up the Bills all-time DB list if he continues to play as he has in his short career to date.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

But Tre'Davious White has now taken the mantle. The guy is an elite, shut-down corner now. 

Damn impressive. 

They've got their LT.

They've got their LBs.

So....you like that? ;)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanM.D. said:

So....you like that? ;)

I loved seeing that, that was some funny ****. I've been hesitant to get a Jersey because they all get traded or cut, but I'm really considering a white Jersey. He can play and has the confidence you want out of a corner.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes , Tre White is the best player on this team today...maybe he won’t be by December if JA keeps developing..

They better re-sign Tre when he is off his rookie deal...Pay him the highest CB deal if he deserves it at the time..

How good could this team be by 2022? Hopefully one trophy in the vault and another one on the way...

I think Shady is still really good but I agree and I said it after the LA game. Tre White is the best player on this team. 

Not ready to hail Josh yet - encouraging but just too early, similarly with Edmunds (still up and down) and I am slightly worried by Dion's start to the year. He isn't quite playing up to his best 2017 form yet. Some might be missing Richie and some just seems to be a bit of lower body power loss.

I think they have 3 of 5 pieces in the secondary and both the debutant corner and Taron Johnson in the nickel had solid games this past week. So that is back to being somewhat of a strength.

Milano is getting better and better he could end up being an absolute steal in the 5th so if Tre can keep trending up there then we have the makings of a dominant LB core for some years to come. 

The other units still need some work - Dline needs youth, OL and receivers (including TE) just need more talent. 

2 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Tre is awesome.  He is a perfect combination of size, speed, and tackling.  He is not elite at any of those characteristics but he may be the best combination of all three the Bills have ever had.  Winfield was the best tackler by far, Clements was best big corner, and McKelvin or McGee probably the fastest.  None of them were the complete package though Winfield was truly exceptional for a long time.  Tre has a chance to quickly move up the Bills all-time DB list if he continues to play as he has in his short career to date.

All those CBs were outstanding, but I think our best CB ever was Butch Byrd.

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I loved seeing that, that was some funny ****. I've been hesitant to get a Jersey because they all get traded or cut, but I'm really considering a white Jersey. He can play and has the confidence you want out of a corner.

I have a Gilmore rookie 27 ;)

Just need to do the duct tape mod ;)

Forgot to add this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-frazier-calls-tre-davious-white-a-marvel

• Like (+1) 1

He is arguably the best player on the defense but his value to the team and JA's value  to the team even in his rookieness is not the same. I doubt that if this franchise had to trade away either TW or JA even at this point in JA's career that they would trade JA. Franchise QBs are very hard to come by as we all know and this one looks every bit what is hoped for.