Bills vs. Vikings All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

While I hate this did not connect DC’s have to take deep threats seriously.  The threat is worth as much as the reality. 

It would do wonders for the short to intermediate passing game and open up the run game if they hit on a few of those, but point well taken. 

Buffalo Bills film room: Josh Allen nails the post-wheel concept

The Buffalo Bills blew out the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, but as they took an early lead, any confidence felt tenuous at best. An opening touchdown drive was impressive, but aided by two personal foul penalties, and a fumble recovery only led to three points. When the Bills recovered a second strip-sack, it felt like the only way they could keep the Vikings at bay would be to capitalize on the possession with another touchdown. And that’s just what Brian Daboll and Josh Allendelivered, with a pass to tight end Jason Croom.

Before running this play, the Bills had passed once to a running back in the flats, and had a receiver in the flats on three of their first five passing plays. As such, the Vikings were looking for that sort of movement, especially when the Bills fell behind schedule and would conceivably look to gain easy yardage on second-and-11. Minnesota, seeing Buffalo’s pre-snap motion, dialed up a Cover-3 “sky” look.

post_wheel.jpg

post_wheel__1_.jpg

:wub:

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Let's see that all-22 drop that hit Foster in the hands so sky diver can keep saying he didn't have a chance at catching it.

He didn't actually say that, did he?  Bahahahahaha!

Look, I love Foster's ability to get deep and have hope for him.  But he flat-out dropped that perfect pass and it's not even arguable.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He didn't actually say that, did he?  Bahahahahaha!

Look, I love Foster's ability to get deep and have hope for him.  But he flat-out dropped that perfect pass and it's not even arguable.

His words were:

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

How can you drop what you never had? The ball went through his hands.

He also said the ball never hit his hands so it wasn't a drop but I watch the replay and I'm pretty sure it hit his left hand, then his right before falling to the ground. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

His words were:

He also said the ball never hit his hands so it wasn't a drop but I watch the replay and I'm pretty sure it hit his left hand, then his right before falling to the ground. 

Foster didn't fully extend his arms for the catch even. He definitely should have caught that.

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

phantom holding

I agree! I actually think Bodine simply tripped or lunges forward and the defender fell down. Holding on running plays has become the go to penalty in the new NFL. It’s almost always a horrible call! In this case it had ZERO to do with the actual results of the play.

Through the first two weeks fans have had mixed reviews of Daboll’s handling of his young QB, but when the team needed to start fast on the road against the Vikings on Sunday, his offensive unit held up their end of the bargain. Daboll appeared to lean on the mantra of not putting too much pressure on Allen.

Before Sunday, Allen had struggled in his first six quarters of play, averaging 3.36 seconds from snap to attempt, per Pro Football Focus (PFF). The staff needed to create plays to make reads quicker for Allen so that he’d have more success getting the ball out against one of the best pressure defenses in the league.

One way they did that was to dial up several screens, including this RPO (Run-Pass Option) WR screen to Ray-Ray McCloud. The play call is of the pre-snap variety, in which Allen simply counts the box and if it is stacked, he wings it out to McCloud. It works perfectly as the field safety drives hard on the “Iso” run and McCloud is able to steal six yards.

cover-3.png

2018-09-24_12-45-10.png

In some respects, at least for me, the best thing about the Croom TD, was how well Allen 'sold' it.

Lots of other QBs around the league disguise stuff pretty well, yet we haven't seemed to have someone who did it very well for ages.

Fitz was probably the best in that respect, but none of the likes of Losman, Holcomb, Edwards, EJ etc, were very good at it, at all.

Great play design by Daboll also, and well set up by earlier plays.

This is such an awesome awesome thread with all these breakdowns concentrated in one place.

Thanks 26CB!!!

I'm still thinking we make a lot of noise and win a lot of games this year, but damn I'm looking forward to the next couple years when we get all that CAP space and upgrade to weapons for Allen who can actually catch the ball   :doh:

• Like (+1) 1