Bills vs. Vikings All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

Andy Benoit

No coach gets more out of less than Sean McDermott.

Firing up the #Bills #Vikings film to figure out....HOW??

Kelvin Benjamin must get better at making contested catches. Xavier Rhodes defeated him twice early on (first one Allen misplaced the ball a bit, but a big "No. 1" WR still should have won).

The more I study Kelvin Benjamin the more I see a No. 2 WR. He's not quick/fast and doesn't always play big. Also unrefined in his mechanics.

Croom 26-yd TD was a version of the Kareem Hunt play from last year (4 receivers to a side, attack Cover 3).  Josh Allen did a nice job manipulating zone defenders. A very defined read and he looked comfortable.

#Vikings underneath defenders, including LBs Barr and Kendricks, had a nightmarish start to #Bills game.

#Bills Film: WR Robert Foster has some speed, especially when he can get into his route cleanly.

Josh Allen's arm strength forces a defenses to defend the entire width of the field.

#Bills #Vikings Film: Harrison Smith sack-fumble either an offensive mistake or horrible design. Only 2 routes downfield, no checkdown or intermediate routes. Allen must take better care of the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks 26, these are great!  One of the most amazing things about him is how quick his motion is.  That second to last video (RPO pass to Holmes) shows how quickly he can get it out, flick of the wrist on point for 20 yds.  A good receiver can keep their feet in bounds and make that catch.  Really impressed by this kid after 2 1/2 games in his rookie season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If Holmes catches it clean it's a TD. He bobbles it and doesn't gain possession until outside the endzone. 

Really underrrated play by Allen getting 10 yards on 3rd and 20 to get in FG range. Very nice decision and ball. 

because he bobbled it, he was never touch after he caught it and it should've been reviewed and changed to a TD.

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

because he bobbled it, he was never touch after he caught it and it should've been reviewed and changed to a TD.

They still call those down for some reason. The Viking player touched him while he was down, but before he secured it as you said. It's dumb but that is how they call it. He shouldn't have bobbled it, that was my point. It was right in his gut. 

I LOVE seeing this stuff. Biggest thing I took away is that, for as well as Allen played, there were a lot of plays where he had a better option for a bigger gain, and he missed it. Very encouraging to see that, after a fantastic performance, he still has a ton of room to grow!

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Andy Benoit

No coach gets more out of less than Sean McDermott.

Firing up the #Bills #Vikings film to figure out....HOW??

Kelvin Benjamin must get better at making contested catches. Xavier Rhodes defeated him twice early on (first one Allen misplaced the ball a bit, but a big "No. 1" WR still should have won).

The more I study Kelvin Benjamin the more I see a No. 2 WR. He's not quick/fast and doesn't always play big. Also unrefined in his mechanics.

Croom 26-yd TD was a version of the Kareem Hunt play from last year (4 receivers to a side, attack Cover 3).  Josh Allen did a nice job manipulating zone defenders. A very defined read and he looked comfortable.

#Vikings underneath defenders, including LBs Barr and Kendricks, had a nightmarish start to #Bills game.

#Bills Film: WR Robert Foster has some speed, especially when he can get into his route cleanly.

Josh Allen's arm strength forces a defenses to defend the entire width of the field.

#Bills #Vikings Film: Harrison Smith sack-fumble either an offensive mistake or horrible design. Only 2 routes downfield, no checkdown or intermediate routes. Allen must take better care of the ball.

While I hate this did not connect DC’s have to take deep threats seriously.  The threat is worth as much as the reality.