How has Star been?

njbuff

Since the second half of the Chargers game the entire d line has looked stout. I am sure someone can give you stats from one of the football sites. I was always under the belief that D linemen eat o linemen up so linebackers can play clean. Kyle plays a penetrating style that call more attention to himself. Star is a space eater. If the run defense improves this year I am sure Star and Harrison will have a lot to do with it.

He plays a role that rarely gets noticed and appreciated - unless you are focusing solely on him. I admit when I focus on just one player on D, it’s usually Edmunds, partly because I’m so curious, and partly because the big guy is so easy to find out there. Individual line play is hard to judge during a game for me. I’d have to go back to the DVR and focus on one guy.

All I know four sure is, the first 6 quarters looked NOTHING like the last 6 quarters! I’m not sure if I have EVER seen a turnaround like THAT! Keep it rolling, men! 

Edited by Augie

WEEK OPP   dSNAP TKL AST SCK FF FR INT PD TD
1 at BAL   38 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 vs LAC   38 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 at MIN   24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The stats likely don't tell the whole story.  But 24 plays...  Role player.  Kyle played 44 plays and had a tackle and a sack.  Harrison Phillips played 23 plays, no stats.  MIN was not running often, and Star is likely part of the run stuffing package.

5 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

The stats likely don't tell the whole story.  But 24 plays...  Role player.  Kyle played 44 plays and had a tackle and a sack.  Harrison Phillips played 23 plays, no stats.  MIN was not running often, and Star is likely part of the run stuffing package.

Wow.

7 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Wow.

What does not show there is how many blockers he ate up, how much push he got up the middle, etc. That position requires film review and knowledge of what you’re watching, much more than say a WR or RB. It’s not stat driven. Did he allow Edmunds and others to make more plays? THAT is mostly his job, I think. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

....Harrison is turning out to be one helluva find...................

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

He's the one player that I haven't paid much attention to.

So, I ask the fellow Bills fans on this board who have better knowledge of this than I do.................

How did he do against Minnesota and how has he been overall?

What I will say - he is not flashy, but he does his job.

Currently even getting blown out in 2 games where we expect the opponent to run a lot - we are 5th in allowing rush yards at 80 a game - much better than last year.

Plus it appears a few times he pushed the middle of the pocket back - allowing the DEs to get sacks and pressure.

Edited by Rochesterfan

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

He's the one player that I haven't paid much attention to.

So, I ask the fellow Bills fans on this board who have better knowledge of this than I do.................

How did he do against Minnesota and how has he been overall?

Offers nothing in the pass rush game...frees up the linebackers to make easy tackles.

He's sucked, IMO.

But he sucked the last two seasons so they are getting what they paid for.

Better than the practice squad players they were using to stuff the run last year.    

A terrible contract for a 2 down space eater who can't get off a block to make a tackle...........but they have cap room to burn because they have no first or second round picks to pay anytime soon because they got rid of everyone pre-McDermott except Shaq.

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Edmunds has been clean to run and make tackles, so I'd say Star is doing exactly what he was brought in to do.   Incidentally does anyone notice that when Edmunds makes a tackle, the guy never...EVER falls forward?   When Edmunds hits em, they stop dead

When Tre Edmunds jumps in a pool he doesn’t get wet....the water gets Tre Edmunds.