The Pats! - piece reads like a Bills postmortem written by the better posters here

dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Writing off the Patriots during the first month of the season - which they treat like an extension of the preseason - has been a fool's errand.  This guy is a moron.

Have to agree, come January they will still be playing!

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

RECEIVER WOES: You never want to feel that a season’s success hinges on a alcoholic drug addict and a 32-year old coming back from a season-ending injury and a performance enhancing drug bust. But that is exactly what the case may be."

Every year they figure it out. I WISH IT WEREN'T SO, but it is. They have lost a couple of early games 2 or 3 times before ending the season as AFC champs. This is their pre-season. I want to be wrong! But I don't see anything that makes me think this isn't the same old same old from them.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Enjoy their suffering while you can! This is great: https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/9/24/17896876/chief-thoughts-analyzing-new-england-patriots-week-3-loss-detroit-lions-matt-patricia-tom-brady

"RECEIVER WOES: You never want to feel that a season’s success hinges on a alcoholic drug addict and a 32-year old coming back from a season-ending injury and a performance enhancing drug bust. But that is exactly what the case may be."

Is it just me, or does Matt Patricia look like an adult Teletubbie?  I swear he looks like he's covering up a TV in his gut.  One of the old fashioned tube type, not a flat screen.

How about we stay concerned for continued improvement in Buffalo.  Maybe their WR woes keep coming, but they are still the Pats who get hotter as the year progresses.  That’s why the absolute best time to play them is in the beginning of the year, and week 17 when they are playing for nothing.

not cynical, just read this comic book 18 times.

Truth of it all is we as bil fans should hope they come in that Monday night game at there best. Because that’s how I want us to beat them. Furthermore, these tough road games may be the best thing for Allen and the Bills development. If it is it could wind up being one heck of a matchup on that Monday night game.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Writing off the Patriots during the first month of the season - which they treat like an extension of the preseason - has been a fool's errand.  This guy is a moron.

Read the piece. They hve serious talent problems that he identifies. This is NOT the same Pats team, and I have been saying that since before the season started. 

2 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Every year they figure it out. I WISH IT WEREN'T SO, but it is. They have lost a couple of early games 2 or 3 times before ending the season as AFC champs. This is their pre-season. I want to be wrong! But I don't see anything that makes me think this isn't the same old same old from them.

See my post immediately above.

I am not saying their run is over, but I get a sense, maybe, just maybe they are finally on the decline...they will still win a ton of games, out of habit, but they just look vulnerable the last few weeks. More like the 95-96 Bills than the 90-93 teams...they will win some big games, but maybe lose some games to lesser teams...

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah, well the Bills wisely ended their extended preseason 6 quarters ago. Could be that the **Pats are waiting too long... :D

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Read the piece. They hve serious talent problems that he identifies. This is NOT the same Pats team, and I have been saying that since before the season started. 

See my post immediately above.

I read it - I don’t see it.  Again this is a normal New England September.  The front seven is still gelling - I guarantee you that by the time we play them they’ll be playing fast and downhill and stopping the run.

On offense, yes they have a talent deficiency and yes Brady is pissed about it but we’ve seen this before too.  And with the Gordon trade and other recent moves I see a team working to upgrade its personnel mid-season - unlike the Bills, who stubbornly trot out Arena League players week after week.  Getting Edelman back is huge for them as it gives Brady a second option when Gronk is covered.  

They’ll be fine.

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I read it - I don’t see it.  Again this is a normal New England September.  The front seven is still gelling - I guarantee you that by the time we play them they’ll be playing fast and downhill and stopping the run.

On offense, yes they have a talent deficiency and yes Brady is pissed about it but we’ve seen this before too.  And with the Gordon trade and other recent moves I see a team working to upgrade its personnel mid-season - unlike the Bills, who stubbornly trot out Arena League players week after week.  Getting Edelman back is huge for them as it gives Brady a second option when Gronk is covered.  

They’ll be fine.

Well one of these years the decline has to start but yes... we have all seen this movie before, rough September highlighted by a surprising loss usually on Prime Time & they are a well oiled machine by the time Halloween rolls around.  This year does seem different with all the media leaks & arguing & Brady does look like he has loss some zip on the fastball but.....I have been fooled too many times before, until I see it got to give these cheaters the benefit of the doubt.