The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

There has been a fair share of criticism of Brandon Beane on this board lately but 

as others have pointed out, Sam Bradford has received $20 million guaranteed to last two and a half games as Arizona’s starter

Tyrod Taylor received $15.5 million guaranteed to last two and a half games as Cleveland’s starter

AJ McCarron cost us $4 million to try out and we got a fifth round pick in return.

Looks pretty good in this respect.

Edited by Jeff1954
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Jeff1954 said:

There has been a fair share of criticism of Brandon Beane on this board lately but 

as others have pointed out, Sam Bradford has received $15 million guaranteed to last two and a half games as Arizona’s starter

Tyrod Taylor received $15.5 million guaranteed to last two and a half games as Cleveland’s starter

AJ McCarron cost us $4 million to try out and we got a fifth round pick in return.

Looks pretty good in this respect.

… and Josh McCown gets $10 million to tell Darnold it's ok when Sam throws a pick or goes 3 and out.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Despite his tough start (in a difficult situation), the Cardinals are moving forward with the rookie. Coach Steve Wilks named Josh Rosen the Cardinals' starting quarterback on Monday.

To the pine with Sam Bradford.

The Arizona Cardinals have made a quarterback switch, handing the team over to first-rounder Josh Rosen in time for Sunday's home tussle with the Seattle Seahawks.

Coach Steve Wilks made the announcement Monday, one day after throwing Rosen into the lineup with 4:31 left in a game that saw Arizona trailing the Bears16-14.

That would remain the final score as Rosen moved the offense 30 yards over eight plays to the Chicago 45-yard line before throwing a ball that was picked off by cornerback Bryce Callahan. The rookie took the field for one more drive that saw time run out as Rosen was sacked to the turf.

"Josh plays with a lot of confidence," Wilks said Monday. "I think he gives the opportunity to be able to be successful. When you look at the situation when he went into the game -- I didn't have a problem putting him in at the time because again I know he's very confident in what he's doing. ... I think he handled it well. He went in, commanded the huddle, did a great job moving the ball."

On 9/24/2018 at 3:21 PM, K-9 said:

His supporting cast might be worse than ours. 

Their head coach said Davis Johnson is going to go 50/50 on snaps after missing a block or 2 last week. Moron!

Don't know the O-Line but Fitz alone takes the Cake at WR. His route running seems a perfect fit for Rosen. And how did that defense crash so hard? Why did they lose Honey Badger, Calais Campbell, others I'm forgetting. Chandler..is it CAP CAP CAP? Because they dumped all that drafted talent. Thought the defense was elite the NFC championship game against the Panthers that they could win it all.. until the Panthers demolished them.

Also a team that does not live and breath by making DJ a bellcow is a terribly run team! Feels comfortable somewhat.. but then again they might have a process up their sleeve.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:26 PM, mykidsdad said:

I thought Rosen was the best prospect in the draft. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd rather Rosen be great than Darnold. The idea of the Jets having a legit QB would tear the fabric of time and space.

Good to know that during draft time, no one needs to take your opinion serious. 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:21 PM, K-9 said:

His supporting cast might be worse than ours. 

I agree, particularly on defense.  On offense he has better receivers but their OL is a mess, while Buffalo's has actually played reasonably well since W1.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:26 PM, eball said:

Sam Bradford should be on a nationwide neighborhood watch list given the number of communities in which he has committed crimes of indecency.

Just read that he's made $129M in his career.  And played in 83 games.....