The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

I was a big Rosen guy. I know it’s way too early to tell and they both need a lot of help but at this point I’m actually feeling Allen a bit more. 

Allen just seems sturdier. Rosen looks weak and I feel his arm strength will be an issue. 

His passes just seem to take forever to get to his recievers. The DB’s were just feeding off him last night. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Must be because Rosen has slow eyes and can't make the proper read in time.  He's also not athletic enough to take off if the line breaks down.

Good try. That would be a bad assumption.  The PFF stat is about OL play not the QB. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was a big Rosen guy. I know it’s way too early to tell and they both need a lot of help but at this point I’m actually feeling Allen a bit more. 

Allen just seems sturdier. Rosen looks weak and I feel his arm strength will be an issue. 

I like Allen. He's big and he jumps over people.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When Allen has a game where he demonstrates this level of QB play, I'll say he's better.  He has the physical attributes to be, but has not put that together with the mental aspects thus far to have even a single game as good as Rosen's debut as a starter.  None of these rookie QBs are finished products, so we're talking about where they are now with no one knowing how things will ultimately stand. 

This is the key and it's pretty useless to argue who is better now after only several games into their career. It's not a secret that Rosen is deemed more pro ready, but you can't deny Rosen has better games but also has worse games so far in the few games he plays.

9 minutes ago, syhuang said:

This is the key and it's pretty useless to argue who is better now after only several games into their career. It's not a secret that Rosen is deemed more pro ready, but you can't deny Rosen has better games but also has worse games so far in the few games he plays.

Allen has played one good half of football against MIN with most of his best plays being when he used his legs and a couple of nice passes here and there.  Rosen played one excellent game, one poor game, one decent game, and last night was terrible.   It's very early with a long time to go before we know who is what.  They both need much improved supporting casts to bring out their best talents.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen has played one good half of football against MIN with most of his best plays being when he used his legs and a couple of nice passes here and there.  Rosen played one excellent game, one poor game, one decent game, and last night was terrible.   It's very early with a long time to go before who is what.  They both need much improved supporting casts to bring out their best talents.

Exactly, it's pretty pointless to argue who is better now after only few games into their career.

Edited by syhuang

Just now, WRONG JOSH said:

Brady is the biggest cry baby in all of sports. I'm glad he's not on my team

LOL. Rosen isn't Brady. No one knows at this point who if any of the rookie qbs will end up as a top qb. I prefer Allen. It's alright if you like Rosen better, but if you are going to make a bad joke at Allen's expense, it ought to be okay to make a bad joke at Rosens'.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

LOL. Rosen isn't Brady. No one knows at this point who if any of the rookie qbs will end up as a top qb. I prefer Allen. It's alright if you like Rosen better, but if you are going to make a bad joke at Allen's expense, it ought to be okay to make a bad joke at Rosens'.

His point is still a good one.

Every great quarterback in the history of football could be labeled a "diva."

You have to have a MASSIVE ego to play that position at the highest level.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

His point is still a good one.

Every great quarterback in the history of football could be labeled a "diva."

You have to have a MASSIVE ego to play that position at the highest level.

Guess you're too young to remember Johnny U or Joe Montana. I don't think you have to be a jerk to be a good qb. Drew Brees seems like a very nice fella, doesn't he?

Edited by Dr. Who

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Correct  

no one knows

to claim otherwise not right 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, syhuang said:

Nah, it's pretty pointless to argue who is better now with few games into their career unless it's for the purpose of "I told you so".

I told you so isn't the issue.  All players are assessed weekly at every position. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Guess you're too young to remember Johnny U or Joe Montana. I don't think you have to be a jerk to be a good qb.

Montana was most definitely a diva my friend! 

I don't know much about Johnny U, but that's because we knew so little about the personal lives of celebrities at that time. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a massive ego underneath that flattop.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Drew Brees a diva?

hardly

I'll give you Brees. That's about the only great modern quarterback who seems genuinely humble.