The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The passing numbers might be similar......but the eye test is glaring that they are not the same kind of difference makers for their teams

Allen CARRIES this offense

Rosen cant do that

Also when you figure that one of these guys was supposed to be pro ready.....while the other raw as hell.....well........

I think you underestimating how much Arizona sucks.  I also feel like you would work much harder to defend Rosen (how much his oline sucks, Fitz can’t get separation anymore, 1st time Head coach and OC) if we drafted him like you do with Allen.  :)  

but I definitely expected more from Rosen at this point.  But both of these guys have worse numbers than EJ as a rookie, so there’s a long way to go.  I hope Allen proves to be the better Josh and #freeEJ

20 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Allen is literally the lowest rated passer of the starting QB's in the entire NFL. His stats are very Tebow-esque. You don't have much of a leg to stand on either. Are you really that excited for a guy that completes 50% of his passes? If the defense didn't bail them out time and time again I think you guys wouldn't be so excited about an offense that only put up 14 points

He is the team's entire offense.

Folks that knock him as Tebow-esque don't watch football; the two are nothing alike.  People bang the completion percentage drum because they box-score-scout, which is what I've been saying since March.  You should know, you and I both had Rosen as our QB1s (a position I haven't moved from by the way)...but even then I cautioned folks that judging this kid by completion percentage was foolish.

Since coming back from injury Allen has accounted for 1,152 of the team's 1,422 offensive yards (81%) and 7 of the team's 9 TDs.  That's absolutely absurd.

He's out there doing it by himself, and the team is actually competitive.  I know you're getting lambasted right now, but you might want to pull back the reins a bit on returning fire here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you underestimating how much Arizona sucks.  I also feel like you would work much harder to defend Rosen (how much his oline sucks, Fitz can’t get separation anymore, 1st time Head coach and OC) if we drafted him like you do with Allen.  :)  

but I definitely expected more from Rosen at this point.  But both of these guys have worse numbers than EJ as a rookie, so there’s a long way to go.  I hope Allen proves to be the better Josh and #freeEJ

A "pro ready" qb would overcome all those things right?

A "raw" qb should not be carrying his team right

I mean....lets be fair about this......how bad Arizona sucks takes NOTHING away from how bad Buffalo sucks on offense this year.....our OL is beyond horrid.....Allen should get sacked 5 times a game but doesnt....our RB's when they are even healthy have NO holes to run through......the most veteran WR we have cant be trusted to hang onto the ball and this is after we shitcanned a supposid number one who also cant seem to hang onto the ball despite being a HUGE receiver

We have no tight ends

Our Special Teams is a disaster

I think Allen is doing a much better job overcoming the suck ness of his team then Rosen is of his.....and one of these guys is supposed to be more pro ready out the gate.

sooooooooooo

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A "pro ready" qb would overcome all those things right?

A "raw" qb should not be carrying his team right

I mean....lets be fair about this......how bad Arizona sucks takes NOTHING away from how bad Buffalo sucks on offense this year.....our OL is beyond horrid.....Allen should get sacked 5 times a game but doesnt....our RB's when they are even healthy have NO holes to run through......the most veteran WR we have cant be trusted to hang onto the ball and this is after we shitcanned a supposid number one who also cant seem to hang onto the ball despite being a HUGE receiver

We have no tight ends

Our Special Teams is a disaster

I think Allen is doing a much better job overcoming the suck ness of his team then Rosen is of his.....and one of these guys is supposed to be more pro ready out the gate.

sooooooooooo

He has Byron Leftwich as his OC.  And they averaged 1.5 points less than us and Allen has a great defense that keeps us on every game.  They are such different QBs too.  But yeah, I definitely thought Rosen would be further ahead than Allen at this point, and the fact it is close, is a tip of the hat to Allen.

that said, throwing a party with for a qb with a QBs rating in the 60s is a bit silly.  But without a doubt, Allen is a more exciting qb at this point. 

9 hours ago, pop gun said:

What's the point of being here if you have everyone on your ignore list?

I don't use the ignore feature, I read everyones post whether I agree with them or not, it's what makes this place go around. 

Don't really understand ignoring people but whatever.

Even worse when you feel the need to ANNOUNCE you're putting someone on ignore. Such a LAMP thing to do.

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He is the team's entire offense.

Folks that knock him as Tebow-esque don't watch football; the two are nothing alike.  People bang the completion percentage drum because they box-score-scout, which is what I've been saying since March.  You should know, you and I both had Rosen as our QB1s (a position I haven't moved from by the way)...but even then I cautioned folks that judging this kid by completion percentage was foolish.

Since coming back from injury Allen has accounted for 1,152 of the team's 1,422 offensive yards (81%) and 7 of the team's 9 TDs.  That's absolutely absurd.

He's out there doing it by himself, and the team is actually competitive.  I know you're getting lambasted right now, but you might want to pull back the reins a bit on returning fire here.

Allen is getting yards by running around like an idiot. It's not a sustainable model for success. He will either get injured or eventually be too slow after years of abuse. I just think it's funny that fans of the NFL's lowest rated passer are making fun of the 2nd lowest rated passer or vice versa. If it makes you guys feel any better, I think Allen is a better fit for our team because he can run around and improvise behind this horrible line. Rosen will have his starters back next year and his OL will be much better. I had Rosen and Mayfield 1a and 1b. I'll take the pocket passer every time for lasting long term success

Just now, WRONG JOSH said:

Allen is getting yards by running around like an idiot. It's not a sustainable model for success. He will either get injured or eventually be too slow after years of abuse. I just think it's funny that fans of the NFL's lowest rated passer are making fun of the 2nd lowest rated passer or vice versa. If it makes you guys feel any better, I think Allen is a better fit for our team because he can run around and improvise behind this horrible line. Rosen will have his starters back next year and his OL will be much better. I had Rosen and Mayfield 1a and 1b. I'll take the pocket passer every time for lasting long term success

Does the broken record every change its song here lol

19 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

oh, so now he's an idiot?

again, based of your profile photo I have to ask, why are you here? you seem to feel the bills QB is an idiot and continue to praise that other teams QB so which is it? are you a bills fan or an arizona fan?

just curious is all.

Rosen looks awful. He looks like Peterman from the Chargers games most of the time. If he could run, it would help his game for now. But he can't.  He's slow. 

So, the big question is: given equal offensive lines and weapons, who is the better passer? 

It's hard to know because both have lousy OLs and very few weapons. 

The big difference is that Allen can run and Rosen can't.  So, in the short term Allen can produce while Rosen cannot. But with good OLs and receivers and backs who will be the better passer? 

Even if Rosen becomes the better passer, he will never have the running ability. But will Allen stop running so much and throw in the future with better players? 

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

oh, so now he's an idiot?

again, based of your profile photo I have to ask, why are you here? you seem to feel the bills QB is an idiot and continue to praise that other teams QB so which is it? are you a bills fan or an arizona fan?

just curious is all.

I've had to deal with people bashing me all the way back when I had criticism for Trent Edwards. You think I'm going anywhere now? I represent the fans who can actually think for themselves and don't blindly follow a team which is led by different people every 3 years anyhow. Feel free to form your own opinions, I won't think of you as less of a fan. In fact I would think you more of a fan because you actually took the time to do the research and didn't just show up on Sunday and cheer for no other reason than that's your team

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Then pull for the guy in Az, follow his trajectory and hope he has a great career. You can do that without  crapping on a kid doing his level best to win football games.  

The alternative is to keep coming back here and laughing at the fans excited for the guy that actually pilots their team, who has some fans excited and happy about the future, all while crowing about the guy you had as 1a who by your own standard has amounted to a whole bucket of suck to date, and for that matter is well behind the guy you had as 1b, showing your guess was as bad as most other guesses. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Then pull for the guy in Az, follow his trajectory and hope he has a great career. You can do that without  crapping on a kid doing his level best to win football games.  

The alternative is to keep coming back here and laughing at the fans excited for the guy that actually pilots their team, who has some fans excited and happy about the future, all while crowing about the guy you had as 1a who by your own standard has amounted to a whole bucket of suck to date, and for that matter is well behind the guy you had as 1b, showing your guess was as bad as most other guesses. 

I haven't posted in this topic in months and I had 5 notifications in my email all of a sudden today. I'm certainly not bragging to anyone  about how Rosen has played. He's bottom 5 worst QB in the league right now. But he's still a better passer than the guy the Bills have so I don't know why you are all on your high horse after a 14 point offensive effort. I'm just responding to folks that are feeling good about one of the worst QBs in the NFL so much so that they decided to dig up my post from October to brag

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I put Jackson on my list because I didn't think he had any business being drafted in the 1st round yet has taken Flacco's job and is 4-1 as a starter.

Jackson is an interesting QB and I hope the Ravens keep running him like it's college ball.  I know the conventional wisdom is that he'll get banged up and not last a full season but maybe the times they are a changing in the NFL.

I'm a big time college football fan and it's pretty impressive to see how much the NFL copies from the college game.  On offense almost all the innovation is happening at the college level not at the pros.  And one aspect of the college game is that most of the top offenses feature a true dual threat QB.  Now Jackson may be a better runner then passer but is he a good enough passer that if he stays healthy can win in the NFL over the long haul? 

It will be interesting to see but I'm open to the possibility that we're on the cusp of a seismic change in how the NFL views the QB position and how a QB manages their offense.  In my lifetime as an NFL fan I've seen the league go from the I formation with the QB under center to a hybrid that featured the I formation on 1st & 2nd down then a 3 receiver set with the QB in the shotgun on 3rd & long to most teams running a shotgun spread.  Maybe we're about to see another big change. 

1 minute ago, WRONG JOSH said:

I've had to deal with people bashing me all the way back when I had criticism for Trent Edwards. You think I'm going anywhere now? I represent the fans who can actually think for themselves and don't blindly follow a team which is led by different people every 3 years anyhow. Feel free to form your own opinions, I won't think of you as less of a fan. In fact I would think you more of a fan because you actually took the time to do the research and didn't just show up on Sunday and cheer for no other reason than that's your team

I was just curious. I never was one to root or gloat over another teams QB as you have with this rosen kid and at the same time call the bills QB an idiot.

hey, allen has room for improvement and I have no issue with criticizing him but at the end of the day, he is the bills QB and clinging to a QB you may of wanted in the draft is not going to take you to far with most bills fans, including myself.

but hey, enjoy watching your QB rosen and I'm sure you'll be following him real closely.

meanwhile, I'll be glad to watch allen continue to develop and I have the feeling he wont be following in edwards shoes or any of the other recent bills carousel of QBs.

21 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

People are bashing you because you deserve it.

That is all

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

I haven't posted in this topic in months and I had 5 notifications in my email all of a sudden today. I'm certainly not bragging to anyone  about how Rosen has played. He's bottom 5 worst QB in the league right now. But he's still a better passer than the guy the Bills have so I don't know why you are all on your high horse after a 14 point offensive effort. I'm just responding to folks that are feeling good about one of the worst QBs in the NFL so much so that they decided to dig up my post from October to brag

You have the wrong guy. My horse is a shetland pony. 

You typed that JA is running around like an "idiot". Your screen name is WRONG JOSH.  I didn't bother rating the qbs, I thought your Right Josh might struggle with the leadership role as he comes off as sort of a first class douche, but if my Wrong Josh became the Bills Right Josh I'd rally behind him. Why? Because hes the qb of our team.  There are literally thousands of fans who are happy to come trash this team, I see no reason to help them.  Maybe an outlet worth pursuing is to hop on the JR threads with the fans in Zona.  

At this point, you might as well go into a craft store and argue with someone that blue is a more chill color than red. Right Josh Wrong and Wrong Josh Right are both rookies.  Save the camel clutch for the time when JA is out of the league and JR is hoisting his 3rd Lombardi. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Hey little buddy. How ya been taking "right" josh's benching?

Pretty good or nah?