The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

image.thumb.png.2b18b5db6d687fa4fe18a596a5ff0561.pngimage.thumb.png.f5d6dd3fdb943d23dbfeb37816491209.png 

Is it?  Look pretty similar to me!  Rosen 55% completion percentage, Allen 54%

Rosen 66.0 Rating, Allen 61.6 Rating.

Rosen 3 TDs and 5 INTs, Allen 2 TDs and 5 INTs

Allen has Added 3 TD's on the ground that don't get accounted for in the stats.  

Boxscore scouting?  You should know better.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:20 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

What we learned so far from Sunday's Week 4 games

3. Don't get caught up in the box score when looking at Cardinals rookie quarterback Josh Rosen's first career start. Rosen completed 15 of 27 passes for 180 yards and a touchdown with some impressive throws, but his receiving corps didn't help out a lot early in the game. Wide receivers Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald and J.J. Nelson all dropped passes, and Fitzgerald experienced a very uncharacteristic two drops in the first half. Rosen had perfect ball placement on deep passes to Kirk and Nelson, only to see the ball squirt away. Nelson, in particular, dropped a pass that should have set the Cardinals up with a first-and-goal at about the 5-yard line.

Nevertheless, Rosen showed poise throughout the game to overcome the drops and led the team late in the fourth quarter to the game-tying score with a laser 22-yard strike to wide receiver Chad Williams. Given his arm strength and ability to shake off early adversity, the Cardinals rookie's future looks bright.
-- Herbie Teope

On 10/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

On 10/1/2018 at 8:09 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

On 10/2/2018 at 6:18 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just now, matter2003 said:

Bet Allen wishes he had a first ballot HOF'er at WR to throw to...

Regardless of who your throwing targets are, a QB still has to process pre and post snap information rapidly and quickly to get the ball out on time and accurately.  No boxscore or stat line examination will tell you any of that. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Regardless of who your throwing targets are, a QB still has to process pre and post snap information rapidly and quickly to get the ball out on time and accurately.  No boxscore or stat line examination will tell you any of that. 

How was his  processing when he threw 2 pick 6's in the first quarter last game? Peterman like?

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You realize that Rosen is staring-down his receiver the entire play, right?  Meaning he's not doing anything other than going with his first read.  About the best I can say is that the throw was right on the money.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You realize that Rosen is staring-down his receiver the entire time, right?

No I don't and he isn't.  Sometimes he does and other times he does not.  He still has things to improve upon, just like any other rookie. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No I don't and he isn't.  Sometimes he does and other times he does not.  He still has things to improve upon, just like any other rookie. 

I meant on that movethesticks play above. 

Just now, Doc said:

I meant on that movethesticks play above. 

Yeah. That will happen. Helluva throw nonetheless. 

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When Allen has a game where he demonstrates this level of QB play, I'll say he's better.  He has the physical attributes to be, but has not put that together with the mental aspects thus far to have even a single game as good as Rosen's debut as a starter.  None of these rookie QBs are finished products, so we're talking about where they are now with no one knowing how things will ultimately stand. 

The All-22: Beyond the Numbers

Cardinals rookie quarterback Josh Rosen, fresh off his first NFL start in a 20-17 loss to the Seahawks, could certainly relate. Rosen had decent stats on the day—he completed 15 of 27 passes for 180 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions—but in no way do those quiet numbers represent how Rosen actually played against one of the NFL’s better defenses.

In truth, had Rosen’s receivers met him anywhere near halfway, not only would his numbers have been far better, but the Cardinals—whose offense was dormant in the season’s first 2 ½ games before the decision was made to replace Sam Bradford—probably would have won this game. Instead, Rosen was mysteriously bedeviled by drop after drop on passes that not only should have been caught, but also showed the attributes that make Rosen the most talented quarterback in this draft class.

When I reviewed Rosen’s UCLA tape, I saw a passer with the ability to move in the pocket, the toughness to make throws with defenders all around him, and the arm to make just about any throw accurately. He showed all of those things against Seattle, but the numbers didn’t match up because his targets—including future Hall-of-Famer Larry Fitzgerald—had an epic case of Bad Hands throughout the game.

What was most impressive and important about this is the way Rosen handled it. He didn’t get flustered, he didn’t veer off the plan; he simply kept making great throw after great throw. It took a while for that approach to pay off—Rosen threw his first NFL touchdown pass with 8:59 left in the game—but the overall performance had to be encouraging for an offense that had done nothing before Rosen arrived to spark things up.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Funny how even Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers look like mere mortals when their #1 WR's went down for extended periods of time in their careers.  Not saying Allen isn't hurting himself many times, he is, but we have the worst supporting cast in the NFL by a mile.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Funny how even Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers look like mere mortals when their #1 WR's went down for extended periods of time in their careers.  Not saying Allen isn't hurting himself many times, he is, but we have the worst supporting cast in the NFL by a mile.

That has to get fixed next season. 

48 minutes ago, no name said:

seems someone is pretty obsessed with that rosen kid here.

poor fella, the bills didn't pick him so he lives with a futile obsession over his boy...

Seems like a combination of a spamming campaign & a crusade.  I thought those things weren't allowed here. Guess I was wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 3

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

To the contrary, his 1st game was very good. 

First off, using the term “very good” about his first game is comical and comes across as trying to force a narrative.  

But even if you want to stick to that rather exaggerated narrative, that means he peaked game 1 and been worse and worse each week to the point he got his OC fired and only Peterman had a worse game. 

So so if you consider 180 yards, 1 TD “very good” then fine, but the fact remains that was his “best game” and he’s been worse every game since week 1 and he wasn’t that good in week 1 in the first place. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Christian Kirk/Larry Fitz aren’t  good 

Arizona’s starting guards are really good.

Byron Leftwich is really really good.  

Allen and Rosen’s similar stats aren’t similar. 

What else is there to know about the Cardinals ? 

Is David Johnson is a bum yet ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

First off, using the term “very good” about his first game is comical and comes across as trying to force a narrative.  

But even if you want to stick to that rather exaggerated narrative, that means he peaked game 1 and been worse and worse each week to the point he got his OC fired and only Peterman had a worse game. 

So so if you consider 180 yards, 1 TD “very good” then fine, but the fact remains that was his “best game” and he’s been worse every game since week 1 and he wasn’t that good in week 1 j. The first place. 

:doh: Boxscore scouting again.  Look at the actual game and the throws that were made in post after post in this thread. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

:doh: Boxscore scouting again.  Look at the actual game and the throws that were made in post after post in this thread. 

Josh allen made two of dazzling throws in the last game escaping a sack and getting it to shady all the way across his body and then a third to Benjamin on the injury, a few throws dont make it a very good game. 180 and 1 td isnt a very good game. He might have a few very good throws that doesnt make it a very good game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

Josh allen made two of dazzling throws in the last game escaping a sack and getting it to shady all the way across his body and then a third to Benjamin on the injury, a few throws dont make it a very good game. 180 and 1 td isnt a very good game. He might have a few very good throws that doesnt make it a very good game. 

You obviously didn't watch. Another late comer to the thread since Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You obviously didn't watch. Another late comer to the thread since Thursday. 

No i watched the gamed. Doesnt matter when I came to the thread. A handfull of good throws and 180/1 isnt a very good game doesnt matter how much you crusade it. Yeah they had a big drop. Every qb has wrs that misses drops passes including our very own team. The cardinals defense gave that offense every opportunity to win and ultimately a Rosen led offense couldnt do it. The hawks went 0/10 on third downs. 

Look I dont know what your attempting to do but. That wasnt a very good game by Rosen.