The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Josh Rosen is a rich mans Nate Peterman. 

J/K....rookies do rookie things. It’s happening to Baker, Darnold, Rosen and obviously Allen. People need to chill out and realize that there are no conclusions to be had on these guys for a while. 

Amen. 

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

So what is that your criticisms, or lack thereof, are driven by your preconceptions.

Had Rosen looked good last night, this place would have been lousy with "I told you so!"  Since he looked like Peterman, his supporters resort to the same excuses that Allen supporters use.  It's all very predictable.

Are they?  Point to one inaccurate thing I have posted about either Rosen or Allen.  This should be good. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have said repeatedly in multiple threads that Allen was put in a bad situation with a poor supporting cast, but that doesn't excuse the areas that he needs to show growth in. Same goes for Rosen, who didn't play well last night with some poor throws and ball security issues. 

Rosen has a way better cast which you refuse to acknowledge. Larry Fitzgerald’s corpse would be our #1 WR by a large margin. David Johnson is better, younger and fresher than McCoy. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

So what is that your criticisms, or lack thereof, are driven by your preconceptions.

Had Rosen looked good last night, this place would have been lousy with "I told you so!"  Since he looked like Peterman, his supporters resort to the same excuses that Allen supporters use.  It's all very predictable.

The difference (to me at least) is that there's a very reasonable explanation as to why someone might be an 'Allen supporter' on this particular messageboard, whereas I don't see why anyone would extend Rosen the benefit of the doubt while being so negative on Allen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate the insight here. But there is a segment of the fan base that delights in Rosen's failures because that somehow shows he's worse than our guy. And that is an entirely illogical approach. 

Since when is being a Sports fan logical?

Least of all a Bills fan??

All of it means precisely nothing. 

But it’s fun to rage I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The difference (to me at least) is that there's a very reasonable explanation as to why someone might be an 'Allen supporter' on this particular messageboard, whereas I don't see why anyone would extend Rosen the benefit of the doubt while being so negative on Allen. 

Just so they could be "right" about their pre-draft opinions on the players.

Personally, I liked Rosen more than Allen.  But I certainly don't pretend to know more then the teams with actual access to these kids. 

Nobody thought any of the rookie QB's drafted this year were ready to start. Most thought they would be a back up until later in the season or next season. Aside from Darnold they were all backups. The only reason all of them are playing is because of ineffective starters ahead of them. None of them won the starting job outright. We sit here and compare them all through the same lense when each one is in a different situation. Only thing they have in common is they are all on bad teams. They will all have good moments, bad moments, and horrible moments this season. Nobody can say what type of NFL career they will have by watching a handful of games. Watson said in his second season he is way ahead of where he was when he was a rookie. If half way through next season Allen is still having the same problems then it may be time to look to the draft again. 

31 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate the insight here. But there is a segment of the fan base that delights in Rosen's failures because that somehow shows he's worse than our guy. And that is an entirely illogical approach. 

it isn't personal with Rosen.

it IS personal with the "wrong josh" set.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, paulbills said:

I think Rosen has looked better than Allen, regardless of his INTs. Allen and Rosen actually have the same # of INTs. Allen was the riskier pick for sure. 

Two of Allen's picks were bad plays by his receivers.......

Allen's ball security appears to be better then Rosen's at this point

I will say this in Rosen's defense...he is by the eyeball test more accurate with the ball right now.......even if he is making poor decisions with it and even if his supporting cast is better........

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Two of Allen's picks were bad plays by his receivers.......

Allen's ball security appears to be better then Rosen's at this point

I will say this in Rosen's defense...he is by the eyeball test more accurate with the ball right now.......even if he is making poor decisions with it and even if his supporting cast is better........

It isn't.  The ARI OL is bad and it''s been made worse by two starting Guards being out of the lineup. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Which means exactly nothing about how things will turn out. 

Of course not.  No one does.  But many have and continue to claim Rosen is superior, based on no facts.  They preferred Rosen and that's that.  If Allen ends up in the HOF and Rosen is bagging groceries in 2021, it will be because McCoy ruined him or some such thing.

None of the rookies look great-- hardly surprising at this juncture.  But for everyone other than Allen, "it's let see how it turns out."  For Allen the view is he was always going to be a bust, and he has busted.  Double standard.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

And this is the crux of it. Somehow, with similar or WORSE numbers...that group of people think Rosen was the better choice.

boggling, really.

As always, the easiest thing a fan of the NFL can do is predict failure, which leads to the second easiest thing they can do; say "I told you so."

• Like (+1) 1