The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

Going to be interesting to see how Rosen does today. 

His o line has played worse than the Bills (according to PFF I believe they are rated as the worst in the NFL through 3 weeks) and outside of 1 guy they don’t have much at WR. Their defense is playing terrible too. 

What we learned so far from Sunday's Week 4 games

3. Don't get caught up in the box score when looking at Cardinals rookie quarterback Josh Rosen's first career start. Rosen completed 15 of 27 passes for 180 yards and a touchdown with some impressive throws, but his receiving corps didn't help out a lot early in the game. Wide receivers Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald and J.J. Nelson all dropped passes, and Fitzgerald experienced a very uncharacteristic two drops in the first half. Rosen had perfect ball placement on deep passes to Kirk and Nelson, only to see the ball squirt away. Nelson, in particular, dropped a pass that should have set the Cardinals up with a first-and-goal at about the 5-yard line.

Nevertheless, Rosen showed poise throughout the game to overcome the drops and led the team late in the fourth quarter to the game-tying score with a laser 22-yard strike to wide receiver Chad Williams. Given his arm strength and ability to shake off early adversity, the Cardinals rookie's future looks bright.
-- Herbie Teope

16 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Watching that video made me sick; he could have and should have been a Bill.

I hear ya but Allen is our Qb either way gotta just let him grow and get behind him . I had  the qbs ranked Mayfield Rosen Darnold in that order pre draft. Allen was always going to be the one who looked the least ready off the bat..because he simply isn't at the same point in his development as the other 3..Mayfield and Rosen already have pocket presence and understand how to throw the football as in when to put zip and when to put touch etc..Allen is still learning these things..mcbeane is banking on him having the highest long term potential due to his physical skill..lets hope hes right or this will be crippling.

I thought Rosen looked very good in that game. His accuracy was on full display. He was good recognizing pressure. He looked to be progressing through his reads. Had great understanding, and command, of the offense. It was an impressive first start for a rookie QB. 

I was on the Rosen bandwagon pre-draft. I’ve moved on since then and haven’t brought up Rosen since days after the draft. But man, I am sorry to say that game did nothing to quell my fears we drafted the wrong Josh. 

Its way too soon to judge though. Rosen is much more polished and further along in his development. Allen is a lot more raw. I said post-draft that I fully expected Rosen to be better right out of the gate (which is why I thought the Bills might draft him - he was more ready to play and we had no real starter on the roster). So it’ll be no surprise if he is the better QB this season. 

But it’s not just about this season. It’s about who is the better QB in the coming years. Only time will tell. I sure hope our Josh is better. He was definitely more of the “swing for the fences” pick. His ceiling is sky high, if he gets there the Bills are sitting pretty. 

I am fully on board with our Josh. But I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t sting a little to see Rosen doing the things I thought he would in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I thought Rosen looked very good in that game. His accuracy was on full display. He was good recognizing pressure. He looked to be progressing through his reads. Had great understanding, and command, of the offense. It was an impressive first start for a rookie QB. 

I was on the Rosen bandwagon pre-draft. I’ve moved on since then and haven’t brought up Rosen since days after the draft. But man, I am sorry to say that game did nothing to quell my fears we drafted the wrong Josh. 

Its way too soon to judge though. Rosen is much more polished and further along in his development. Allen is a lot more raw. I said post-draft that I fully expected Rosen to be better right out of the gate (which is why I thought the Bills might draft him - he was more ready to play and we had no real starter on the roster). So it’ll be no surprise if he is the better QB this season. 

But it’s not just about this season. It’s about who is the better QB in the coming years. Only time will tell. I sure hope our Josh is better. He was definitely more of the “swing for the fences” pick. His ceiling is sky high, if he gets there the Bills are sitting pretty. 

I am fully on board with our Josh. But I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t sting a little to see Rosen doing the things I thought he would in the NFL. 

I don't have a crystal ball, but I think Rosen demonstrates a skill set that Allen is never going to have.  So for me, it's not a question of Rosen simply being further ahead at the moment.

If Allen ends up being a great QB but it takes an extra year or 2 for him to get there, I'd be cool with that.  But I don't see it happening for him.  Let's hope I'm wrong on that. 

• Like (+1) 2