Brian Baldinger breaks down Bill's d-line against Vikings

HappyDays

6 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Interesting that on all these sacks that one of the DTs was Lorenzo Alexander.  I believe all our sacks were on 3rd down so Leslie dialed up a rush package.  Looks like our rush package is Murphy, Zo, Kyle and Jerry.  Imagine they could sub Shaq and Horrible Harry for Zo and Kyle too.

Lorenzo has the most impact on the d-line rushing the passer! Saw it last year against The Jags. It was his best game last year. He is a decent linebacker but a stud pass rusher from the edge or a tackle position!!

10 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I didn't focus on it did you, who was it mostly, Star, Phillips, Williams?  What happened the first two games?

3 hours ago, Bring it said:

Lorenzo has the most impact on the d-line rushing the passer! Saw it last year against The Jags. It was his best game last year. He is a decent linebacker but a stud pass rusher from the edge or a tackle position!!

I basically agree with Bring it, but might just rephrase it as the addition of Lorenzo to the pass rush makes a huge impact (Hughes is a monster too).  The same thing happened last year...as soon as they realized that they needed to use Lorenzo more as a pass rusher, the defense improved. After last week's game when Zo was asked about if they could tell if McD took over play calling duties, or what was different and he basically said something like not really, although they started using me more as a rusher. Zo needs to be used more as a pass rusher---not every down, but selectively and definitely on long distance downs. Not sure why they didn't do that right from the start this year (having learned the lesson last season). Maybe they thought they needed to keep him back to help the rookie in the middle of the defense.

4 hours ago, folz said:

I basically agree with Bring it, but might just rephrase it as the addition of Lorenzo to the pass rush makes a huge impact (Hughes is a monster too).  The same thing happened last year...as soon as they realized that they needed to use Lorenzo more as a pass rusher, the defense improved. After last week's game when Zo was asked about if they could tell if McD took over play calling duties, or what was different and he basically said something like not really, although they started using me more as a rusher. Zo needs to be used more as a pass rusher---not every down, but selectively and definitely on long distance downs. Not sure why they didn't do that right from the start this year (having learned the lesson last season). Maybe they thought they needed to keep him back to help the rookie in the middle of the defense.

Yeah not on every down. I feel like he would be best in a rotation with Murphy and Hughes. Good things seem happen!