Brian Baldinger breaks down Bill's d-line against Vikings

HappyDays

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Jerry Hughes was able to do that because our DT's were pushing the pocket not allowing QB's to step up.....Jerry has actually ALWAYS been able to get the corner on the OT....its just too easy to push him past when the QB has room to step up and throw......

We need to continue to see this from our interior DL

I didn't focus on it did you, who was it mostly, Star, Phillips, Williams?  What happened the first two games?

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I didn't focus on it did you, who was it mostly, Star, Phillips, Williams?  What happened the first two games?

I thought Kyle Williams had a better game......Phillips has been solid all along but you need more then one player at a time in the middle doing the pushing.

Star has been star......he is a space eater which helps our linebackers

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I thought Kyle Williams had a better game......Phillips has been solid all along but you need more then one player at a time in the middle doing the pushing.

I saw a lot in the first two games Williams stood up straight if not pushed back on a one on one basis.

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Jerry Hughes was able to do that because our DT's were pushing the pocket not allowing QB's to step up.....Jerry has actually ALWAYS been able to get the corner on the OT....its just too easy to push him past when the QB has room to step up and throw......

We need to continue to see this from our interior DL

Interesting that on all these sacks that one of the DTs was Lorenzo Alexander.  I believe all our sacks were on 3rd down so Leslie dialed up a rush package.  Looks like our rush package is Murphy, Zo, Kyle and Jerry.  Imagine they could sub Shaq and Horrible Harry for Zo and Kyle too.

Was nice to see them eating the Vikings line up... If they can do that consistently our D will be nice. Our secondary has been shaky without the pressure of the front 7 hitting like it needs to. If they keep this up the D will look stellar front to back and I think our Bills can potentially win any contest they are in...

Edited by GrizzReaper

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am confused - I have read here that Star is terrible........

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

I am confused - I have read here that Star is terrible........

I think some poster's would like to see more out of him then just being a space eater......ala Ted Washington for the amount of money he is getting......but other DT's get paid big bucks for doing this same thing around the league sooooo

7 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Interesting that on all these sacks that one of the DTs was Lorenzo Alexander.  I believe all our sacks were on 3rd down so Leslie dialed up a rush package.  Looks like our rush package is Murphy, Zo, Kyle and Jerry.  Imagine they could sub Shaq and Horrible Harry for Zo and Kyle too.

I actually think it was out D line coach, Bill Teerlinck, who came up with that 3rd down rush package. 

I heard him and a couple players talking about it. 

This was by far the most important takeaway from the game as it pertains to THIS regime.

McDermott as a HC has got to maintain a solid defense. It doesn't really make sense to have a defensive minded HC and a horrid defense. They're not going to pitch near shutouts every week, but we need some consistency from that side of the ball. They've invested a decent amount of money in the defensive line and I think it's fair to expect that.

Whatever McDermott did prepping the team for the Minnesota game....keep doing it.