The Baker Era Has Begun in Cleveland

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't follow SF very closely at all but Mike Florio said the staff feels comfortable with CJ Bethard.  Wasn't he the Iowa QB?

they will need at least one other QB on that roster.   Maybe Bridgewater would be another option if the Saints are dumb enough to let him go.  

I mean McDermott says h'es comfortable with Peterman too, but if something happened to Allen, he damn sure better get a QB who can start. 

Edited by Soda Popinski

54 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Speaking of Rosen, Bradford has made a lot of money by pretending to be a starting QB. More than a lot of other who were Starting.

....sure looks like GRAND LARCENY to me...........

Sam Bradford

Quarterback

Career Earnings: $124,045,000
Career APY: $15,505,625
Potential Earnings: $143,045,000
Total Guarantees: $159,000,000
Largest Cash Payment: $26,845,000 (2011)
Largest Cap Hit: $25,000,000 (2019)
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, fridge said:

Tyord taking himself out of the game with a number 1 pick chomping at the bit (Mayfield had his helmet on standing up ready to go all game) is the most Tyord thing ever.  A lot of people said he was a quiet leader or a lead by example type of guy, but I don't buy it at all.

Before anyone says he was hurt so it's out of his control, watch Brett Favre talk about why he never took himself out of a game until he was in his 40's.  You simply can't let the next guy catch you. I'm sure Tyrod is a fine competitor by our standards, but the NFL requires a world-class level desire to win at the QB position and Tyrod doesn't show that at all.  He's a tremendous athlete with all the tools to win, and a great mindset off-the-field in his preparation routine, but there was always something missing with Tyrod when the going got tough.

This is not true at all.  Tyrod was in concussion protocol, clearly you didn't watch the game.  He was beaten down many times and had his head bounce off of the turf at least 2x's.  One thing that you can't ignore is his heart.  Yes, he sucks at the position overall, but he has heart and my respect!

• Thank you (+1) 1

So just about all the new QBs are now starting for their respective teams, or will be soon.

Imagine that.  None were given a year to "learn from a veteran" or "watch the game from the sidelines" or "mature and develop" or all the other crap fans talk about.

If they can do it, they can do it.  Get 'em in there and let 'em start to learn ASAP.

Even football coaches seemed to have figured that out!

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Looking like Lamar Jackson's going to be the only round 1 QB not starting.

#raysis

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sure looks like GRAND LARCENY to me...........

Sam Bradford

Quarterback

Career Earnings: $124,045,000
Career APY: $15,505,625
Potential Earnings: $143,045,000
Total Guarantees: $159,000,000
Largest Cash Payment: $26,845,000 (2011)
Largest Cap Hit: $25,000,000 (2019)

One hundred and twenty-four million dollars.

Sam Bradford. Let that sink in.

Hue even has the out that he can name him starter due to TT injury and then revert if something doesn’t work out and Baker needs more time to bake. 

He looked good vs jets best in the end of first half  and sporadic in the second. but they weren’t attacking  the same way they were earlier in the game... so I think jury is still out. 

31 minutes ago, fridge said:

Tyord taking himself out of the game with a number 1 pick chomping at the bit (Mayfield had his helmet on standing up ready to go all game) is the most Tyord thing ever.  A lot of people said he was a quiet leader or a lead by example type of guy, but I don't buy it at all.

Before anyone says he was hurt so it's out of his control, watch Brett Favre talk about why he never took himself out of a game until he was in his 40's.  You simply can't let the next guy catch you. I'm sure Tyrod is a fine competitor by our standards, but the NFL requires a world-class level desire to win at the QB position and Tyrod doesn't show that at all.  He's a tremendous athlete with all the tools to win, and a great mindset off-the-field in his preparation routine, but there was always something missing with Tyrod when the going got tough.

At least he didn't retire, walk into the locker room, change, and leave the stadium. :thumbsup:

I do feel sorry for Tyrod, or as sorry as I can feel for a multi millionaire, as he does work really hard and never speaks out of line. He's a really good teammate. But yeah, he's just NOT GOOD. The guys on some of the podcasts I listen to sounded surprised by his performance against the Jets. They must have seen him play for Buffalo at some point? Romo's comment about interceptions was quite telling yesterday, saying sometimes you just have to take a shot to show you're willing, even if you throw the odd int. Tyrod just refused to do that. 

However I do think he's a very good backup QB to have. 

57 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

#raysis

Sam Bradford. Let that sink in.

....it gets even better.......1,855 completions or $66,870 each.....103 TD passes or $120,432 each......has appeared in 83 total games or $149,451 each.....about all I can stomach....

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't follow SF very closely at all but Mike Florio said the staff feels comfortable with CJ Bethard.  Wasn't he the Iowa QB?

Yup plus Bethard started 5 games for them last year as a rookie. 

Doubt SF seeks to get Tyrod at all.

22 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I do feel sorry for Tyrod, or as sorry as I can feel for a multi millionaire, as he does work really hard and never speaks out of line. He's a really good teammate. But yeah, he's just NOT GOOD. The guys on some of the podcasts I listen to sounded surprised by his performance against the Jets. They must have seen him play for Buffalo at some point? Romo's comment about interceptions was quite telling yesterday, saying sometimes you just have to take a shot to show you're willing, even if you throw the odd int. Tyrod just refused to do that. 

However I do think he's a very good backup QB to have. 

At a backup salary Tyrod is a good backup. At $16 million he's not worth the salary cap drain.  Tyrod made the right choice when he signed his original contract with the Bills that made it possible for him to get big bucks if he became the starter.  He maxed out his earning potential by going to a team with EJ Manuel & Matt Cassel as their QBs.  Next year he'll go back to making a backup's salary with certain incentives if he starts x amount of games.  He's been in the NFL for 8 years and will probably be in the league for a few more.  Overall, not bad for an undersized QB with limited ability who started off as a 6th rounder due to his obvious limitations. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.