The Baker Era Has Begun in Cleveland

26CornerBlitz

38 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

If Browns were smart they’d deal Tyrod to the niners right now

I was saying this yesterday as soon as I saw Jimmy G ACL video. Tyrod might as well start packing theres no way they leave him on the roster with Mayfield starting but he also cant be traded while injured i think

25 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Prediction: Niners are going to trade the Browns a 6th for Taylor, meaning the Browns will have given up a 3rd, paid $16M, and gotten a 6th in return for two games worth of Taylor leading them to a 0-1-1 record. 

If they trade him after week 4, it would be $4M by the Browns, and $12M by the 49ers, which is why it probably won't happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's good to see coaches being dragged into the 21st century where you can't ruin a QB by playing him as a rookie.  All 4 top 10 QBs will start this week.  Mahomes not getting significant playing time last year was the exception, not the rule these days.  

In the past few years there are 2 trends: 1) QBs taken at the top part of the 1st round start a lot of games in their rookie years 2) GMs move up in the draft to get the QB they want.  In the last 3 years 11 QBs were 1st round picks & 10 were traded up for.  Only Cleveland's choice of Mayfield at #1 last year did not involve a trade up of the last 11 1st round QBs drafted.  

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Just to think that so many in Buffalo wanted to argue that with support, the right coach, supporting cast, etc. that Tyrod would be a HOF QB.  At times he was electrifying and he is a great guy.  He just isn’t a starting NFL QB. 

A great QB makes average receivers look great.  An average QB makes great receivers look average.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tyord taking himself out of the game with a number 1 pick chomping at the bit (Mayfield had his helmet on standing up ready to go all game) is the most Tyord thing ever.  A lot of people said he was a quiet leader or a lead by example type of guy, but I don't buy it at all.

Before anyone says he was hurt so it's out of his control, watch Brett Favre talk about why he never took himself out of a game until he was in his 40's.  You simply can't let the next guy catch you. I'm sure Tyrod is a fine competitor by our standards, but the NFL requires a world-class level desire to win at the QB position and Tyrod doesn't show that at all.  He's a tremendous athlete with all the tools to win, and a great mindset off-the-field in his preparation routine, but there was always something missing with Tyrod when the going got tough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

Meh, he'll get over it, Blane Gabbert has been all over the NFL and he was a top 10 pick, it happens.   

Yeah but I don't think Gabbert sees himself as a legit starting QB anymore.  Taylor does.

Before this season, he stated he feels he did more than enough to stay with Buffalo and when he went to Cleveland, he said he wasn't interested in being a bridge QB.  Has his bubble finally burst?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but I don't think Gabbert sees himself as a legit starting QB anymore.  Taylor does.

Before this season, he stated he feels he did more than enough to stay with Buffalo and when he went to Cleveland, he said he wasn't interested in being a bridge QB.  Has his bubble finally burst?

Taylor can still start this year but it's going to be in San Francisco.