Non-Bills trades that could/should/you would like to see happen.

whatdrought

As we approach the quarter mark, certain things about becoming clear about the league and the idea of teams trimming fat, or gaining talent takes the stage.

What are some trades you think might could happen, or that you want to see happen.

Feel free to include Bills talk- I just didn’t want to limit it to that. 

At the forefront are Lev Bell and Earl Thomas.

I think Thomas will be moved (the cowboys make less sense as they have not been playing great, though he would instantly make that a top D) 

I don’t know about Bell at this point. It’d be pretty dumb for a team to pay market value for such a risky rental. 

Bell to the Bucs may make a bit of sense. Not sure about their salary cap situation.

Earl Thomas to the Chiefs would be a nice move. Thomas and Berry in that secondary is a huge step up.

Tom Brady to somewhere in the CFL would be a nice move as well. Would also result in Gronks retirement/defection to Canada.

bell is an interesting one. he's only going to a team who can sign him and obviously a team that needs a rb.  Jets, packers, are the first that come to mind but will the pack give him the money?  The steelers also might want something to help them win now.  Beane has been known to wheel and deal so I'd love a phone call there. We would need Bell and his 70 catches from last year along with his running. 

Larry Fitzgerald to the Eagles or Saints

While it's admirable he's played his entire career with the Cardinals, would like to see him get one more shot at a Super Bowl.

Depending on how Fitzmagic goes tonight for the Bucs, I'd be seriously thinking about trading away Jameis and trading for Le'Veon for them.  Lord knows we've seen the Fitzmagic show up close, but Jameis was teetering developmentally anyway and the off the field issues aren't going away, he seems like a very dangerous proposition to get stuck paying him $20+ mil a year as the face of your franchise.

Tyrod (or even the above mentioned Jameis) to the 49ers.  Without Jimmy G. It's going to be A LONG season for the 49ers.  Tyrod at least gives them a prayer at being somewhat respectable and with Stanton in house the Browns don't need to keep Tyrod around.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

While it's admirable he's played his entire career with the Cardinals, would like to see him get one more shot at a Super Bowl.

Depending on how Fitzmagic goes tonight for the Bucs, I'd be seriously thinking about trading away Jameis and trading for Le'Veon for them.  Lord knows we've seen the Fitzmagic show up close, but Jameis was teetering developmentally anyway and the off the field issues aren't going away, he seems like a very dangerous proposition to get stuck paying him $20+ mil a year as the face of your franchise.

Tyrod (or even the above mentioned Jameis) to the 49ers.  Without Jimmy G. It's going to be A LONG season for the 49ers.  Tyrod at least gives them a prayer at being somewhat respectable and with Stanton in house the Browns don't need to keep Tyrod around.

you're not going to trade your QB of the future because your 35-year-old journeyman is playing well. 

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

you're not going to trade your QB of the future because your 35-year-old journeyman is playing well. 

This was the year that Jameis needed to prove if he was the QB of the future. Can't do it from the bench. Fitz' success is an indictment because that Offense is so stacked and Jameis did nothing with it.

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

I've seen it mentioned in other reports and agree with it - Houston will fire sale.  Watt goes first.

I was thinking that. It would be wise to move him while his name still has value. Can't believe O'Brian conned his way into keeping that Job and getting more power. what a joke. 

Watt to the Rams? lol

6 minutes ago, boco357 said:

I'd like to see Larry Fitzgerald go to a contender.

Wouldn't we all. Philly makes a lot of sense. 

13 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

SF needs a QB now. I just heard that they have five prime time games in the next 9 weeks. That's not going to fly with CJ beathard at the helm. 

could McCarron be going to SF?>?!!

Your right though.  Someone has a QB that they could get a nice pick for.  Bridgewater?

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

good call on Tyrod to the 49ers.  And if I'm the Cards, perhaps trading RB Johnson also.   Could Johnson and Bell be swapped??