Here is to a good game

Ice bowl 67

19 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I'm not sure. They haven't said anything. I hope it's getting better.

Unfortunately Ice, it’s not getting better. But it’s also not going to get injured further while playing. He just has to play through pain and alter his game to do that. I didn’t see the game yesterday but the week before they changed the offense so he was getting the ball out fast and not improvising as much outside the pocket. Fortunately for the packers he is one of the best at being able to adapt to different ways of playing QB.

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Here is to a great game this Sunday with no injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. We aren't playing well at all. Our defense got bulldozed over yesterday. Thanks for beating Minnesota yesterday! That was awesome seeing them lose anyway. 

So Ice, tell me -- what's the issue (or issues) up there?  The Pack are legitimately 2 lucky plays away from being 0-3.  Is it Aaron's injury?  What's going on?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Here is to a great game this Sunday with no injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. We aren't playing well at all. Our defense got bulldozed over yesterday. Thanks for beating Minnesota yesterday! That was awesome seeing them lose anyway. 

Stop by our tailgate if you get a chance!  Just follow the sound of Labatt's Blue being opened...

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Honestly I’m not sure if GB is as good as Minnesota but GB will definately not play like Minnesota did last week. Baltimore and LA embarrassed buffalo and GB can too.  

It’s got to be all game plan again because we just don’t have the talent overall thar GB has. 

Im not expecting either team to be flat or not ready so it should be a good game. I think where I’m going is that GB should wear buffalo down at the end 

A few key questions:

-GB doesn't seem to have much run D.  Can Daboll scheme around our wimpy run blocking and banged-up backs to exploit that?

-GB is known for having mastermind-level deceptive blitzes and pass coverage.  They turned one of our young QB (Trent Edwards) into a petrified statue in years past and have turned other young QB into pick machines.  Can Allen and our OL cope?

-Rodgers >>>> Cousins.  Will our secondary be playing like their hair is on fire as they did this week and able to cope?

-Will Allen be a fool and try to hurdle Clay Matthews, in which case he'll be dredging for his man-parts in Lake Winnebago?

There's probably more but that's what comes first to mind

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

-Will Allen be a fool and try to hurdle Clay Matthews, in which case he'll be dredging for his man-parts in Lake Winnebago?

I listened to a lot of interviews after the game.  I found it very interesting that a few of the Bills' defensive players mentioning that Allen should never do that again.  Being defensive players, I'm kind of wondering if that type of move is seen as a slight to the defender, and if tried again it means there goes the man parts, personal foul penalty be damned.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately Ice, it’s not getting better. But it’s also not going to get injured further while playing. He just has to play through pain and alter his game to do that. I didn’t see the game yesterday but the week before they changed the offense so he was getting the ball out fast and not improvising as much outside the pocket. Fortunately for the packers he is one of the best at being able to adapt to different ways of playing QB.

This is off-topic for football per se, but something I've always thought deserves further study is the ability of the human body to heal up under hard usage as opposed to following the usual modern medical guidelines for rest.

It's not just the far-end-of-the-curve expectations of football players.  There are cases of (for example) hikers on the AT proceeding on their hike with a 15-20 lb pack and severe shin splints or sprains, and healing up on the timeline expected for rest.  Friend's daughter sprained her ankle with partially torn tendons and damaged cartilege, Austrian Olympic team doctor told her she probably couldn't play on it but taped it for her pre-game and she set for her pro VB team through three playoff games and again, healed up on the normal timeline.  This was not an hGH/Toradol injection thing, just ibuprophen, athletic tape, grit and guts.

And there are several studies that show moderate activity improves healing.

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a rotten shame that Green Bay hasn't managed to field a decent D much of the time they've been blessed with Rodgers.

How's his knee?

Inexcusable really that GB and LAC have both wasted really really good QB play with terrible D's for most of Rodgers/Rivers tenures.  

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is off-topic for football per se, but something I've always thought deserves further study is the ability of the human body to heal up under hard usage as opposed to following the usual modern medical guidelines for rest.

It's not just the far-end-of-the-curve expectations of football players.  There are cases of (for example) hikers on the AT proceeding on their hike with a 15-20 lb pack and severe shin splints or sprains, and healing up on the timeline expected for rest.  Friend's daughter sprained her ankle with partially torn tendons and damaged cartilege, Austrian Olympic team doctor told her she probably couldn't play on it but taped it for her pre-game and she set for her pro VB team through three playoff games and again, healed up on the normal timeline.  This was not an hGH/Toradol injection thing, just ibuprophen, athletic tape, grit and guts.

And there are several studies that show moderate activity improves healing.

here is one from the running world: https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a20864073/how-to-cure-quad-pain-calf-pain-and-heavy-legs/

• Thank you (+1) 1