The 8-0 Rams are the last undefeated team - is this the matchup  @ NO that ends it? 

The last undefeated team is   

167 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the first loss by the Rams

• Rams @ 49ers
    • Rams vs Packers
    • Rams @ Saints
    • Rams vs Seahawks
    • Rams vs Chiefs
    • Rams @ Lions
    • Rams @ Bears
    • Rams vs Eagles
    • Rams @ Cardinals
    • Rams vs 49ers

triplett_mike.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer 

As if the Saints' defense didn't have enough to worry about with the Rams' dynamic offense coming into town, they will likely be without rookie edge rusher Marcus Davenport on Sunday because of a toe injury. Davenport wouldn't specify any timetable for his expected return on Wednesday (the NFL Network estimated about a month). But he was in a walking boot. And he said he had sought out a “couple” opinions from doctors while “still trying to figure out the best course.” Davenport said he was injured during the first of his two sacks in Sunday night's 30-20 win at Minnesota, in the third quarter, though he was able to finish the game. The Saints have decent depth, with veteran Alex Okafor a reliable starter on the right end. But Davenport obviously provided some much-needed juice and was coming on strong in recent weeks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/25135212/nfl-evaluators-make-picks-week-9-biggest-games-2018-season

The Rams expect receiver Cooper Kupp to return Sunday against the Saints. Kupp has been sidelined since the second half of a Week 6 victory over the Broncos because of a knee sprain. "He's attacked his rehab just like I know we all anticipated he would, made a good recovery," Sean McVay said. "I think if we really wanted to press it, he probably could've played last week." -- Lindsey Thiry

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Saints win this week. They are so damn physical!! It is really, really tough to win in this dome. The Davenport injury hurts some but I think that this is the week they establish themselves as the best team in football. They are going to win the Super Bowl this year. 

Wow. High praise there Kirby.   

My wife’s been a Saints fan for a long time and I’ve also adapted to rooting for them. 

That being said. My fandom tends to bring back luck.  

Go Saints!!

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Wow. High praise there Kirby.   

My wife’s been a Saints fan for a long time and I’ve also adapted to rooting for them. 

That being said. My fandom tends to bring back luck.  

Go Saints!!

I’m fairly indifferent on them but follow them pretty closely being here. They are DOMINANT at the moment. This team is complete as well (assuming this secondary continues to improve). I wasn’t on that train early in the year. I assumed about 11-5 but they are better than I thought.

• Like (+1) 1

Away against a solid Chicago team is one that I could see ***** them up. Mack is a one man wrecking crew who can disrupt any offense, the rest of their defense is good, and the offense is capable of putting up points (although inconsistently.) Its also in Chicago in December, that's the X-Factor in my mind. Bad weather can make any game a tight one possession game let alone bad weather on the road. At New Orleans and home for the Chiefs are another two games that are their most talented opponents so I suspect the Rams are unlikely to be undefeated by the time they play the Bears but if they are 12-0 going into that game I think that's the last really suspect game for them. 

The Saints are a great team, no doubt.  But I'll go with the Rams in this one.  At mid season, it looks like a Rams vs NE SB (not sure who in the AFC will beat them, unfortunately).  So the Eagles got their revenge on NE last year, the Rams get theirs this year; all that is needed is the Panthers next year, but not holding my breath on that one.  Spygate era retribution.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m fairly indifferent on them but follow them pretty closely being here. They are DOMINANT at the moment. This team is complete as well (assuming this secondary continues to improve). I wasn’t on that train early in the year. I assumed about 11-5 but they are better than I thought.

As a limited Saints fan that’s good to know

Thanks  

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, they are destroying teams. They wasted Minnesota, at Minnesota on a Sunday Night. They win this game against the Rams by 2 scores (and the Rams are the next best team in football). 

I was quite surprised by the win against Minny.  

Brees breaking records adds to this even more.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/30798/innovators-sean-payton-sean-mcvay-consider-each-other-must-watch

Payton said the 8-0 Rams have "absolutely" become one of the "must-watch" teams when he studies other offenses around the NFL for ideas.

Likewise, McVay said of the 6-1 Saints, "I've always studied their tape every week to see what they're doing."

Rams just got screwed by the refs/NFL. All 3 guys calling the game thought the guy got the 1st down on the fake FG....as well as millions of us watching on TV....yet the replay crew saw it differently! It very likely cost the Rams 7 points.

As usual, the NFL officiating is a joke.

Edited by John in Jax
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Rams just got screwed by the refs/NFL. All 3 guys calling the game thought the guy got the 1st down on the fake FG....as well as millions of us watching on TV....yet the replay crew saw it differently! It very likely cost the Rams 7 points.

As usual, the NFL officiating is a joke.

I thought he was short myself 

TD Saints 

21-14 halfway through the 2nd qtr

Will the failed fake FG attempt haunt the Rams?