Russ Bodine made a huge difference

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I just don’t get the “I could see why cincy wanted to lock him up long term” part ??‍♂️

That threw me as well.  I don't recall they tried locking him up long term, they kind of just said meh, we can replace you.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

He had a couple of rough patches but he's a natural OC. On the awesome Allen play where he leaps Barr, Bodine gets overpowered to the ground.

We still need to upgrade the position, no doubt.

I mean, they need to upgrade 4 of the 5 positions on the line...

• Like (+1) 1

He is correct.  "Russell Bodine turned down long term contract offer from Bengals".  ....

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/20/17141958/russell-bodine-turned-down-long-term-contract-offer-bengals

"The deal the Bengals offered is said to have been for five-years with little guarantees but far more potential earnings than the two-year, $5 million deal he signed with Buffalo. Bodine turned down the Bengals’ offer and took a gamble on himself in Buffalo".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As I mentioned in another thread, the line calls improved with Groy out of the lineup,  so that in itself is a big help.

TSW Whipping Boy Ducasse looked to have another decent game.  The right side is still weak and all the illegal procedure calls on the tackle lining up in the backfield have to stop (Mills).   

Overall the line seems to be serviceable when execute their assignments. 

Edited by Bob in STL

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm...

You couldn’t see the difference between and him and Groy? 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

He is correct.  "Russell Bodine turned down long term contract offer from Bengals".  ....

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/20/17141958/russell-bodine-turned-down-long-term-contract-offer-bengals

"The deal the Bengals offered is said to have been for five-years with little guarantees but far more potential earnings than the two-year, $5 million deal he signed with Buffalo. Bodine turned down the Bengals’ offer and took a gamble on himself in Buffalo".

Thank you sir 

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He made the protection adjustments. Week 1 and 2 were characterised by free, unblocked, rushers running at the Quarterback because we made no protection adjustments. We got that right this week.

Exactly - I don't think he was as exceptional as he was competent. Something we were lacking at Center the past two weeks. Love Groy as a Guard or utility lineman, but I don't have faith in him calling out protections as center.

What we saw yesterday was simply NFL competency from having experience in the league, knowing the position, and he played well to complement it. 

Edited by ctk232