any WR's potential trade targets?

Pete

If the Raiders were willing to part with Amari Cooper for a 2nd, I'd be all over that one.  Failing that, I like the idea of taking a flyer on Gentry, just for Allen's sake.

47 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Not at 16 per he doesn't. I know they're 3-0 but how KC justifies paying that for their 3rd receiving option is mind boggling. Still like Sammy though.

Hill will demand $17M/year at least.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How about Cooper? The Raiders are going into a full rebuild and he doesn’t appear to be buying into Gruden.

If you guys think KB’s drops are maddening watch a little bit of Coopers game. He’s a physical freak but another one who can’t catch anymore

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'd take a look at Tevin Coleman. He is FA after this year and ATL just drafted Ito Smith as a possible replacement. With Freeman in the fold, they might not want to take on the contract. He could be our version of Kamara and get 12-15 touches per game. Golden Tate is FA next year too. With the emergence of Golloday, DET may be in play. Enunwa is FA next year too, but the Jets might not want to deal in the div.  And last but not least, put out feelers for Antonio Brown. If he buys in ( a big if). Allen will have his #1.  

Imagine next year Allen with WR --Brown, Johnson (UB Rd1), Tate and RB's Coleman, Ivory, Murphy. A beefed up OL with Marpet and Paradis. Keep the D together and draft another LB, CB, DE or pick up a few key FA...    

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Are either of the Broncos WRs worth trading for? DT signed until 2019, cap 17.5. Sanders through 2019, 13 mil cap.  Specs might be off, but they both too pricey

Sanders is still playing great football.

DT is trending down. He has lost all explosiveness and can't catch a cold. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

i think allen should throw 100 long balls a day to foster everyday this week.  they should be better at making these plays by now. foster has to have the discipline to just keep running full speed and allen needs to let it rip and not let the thought of overthrowing or putting touch on it enter his mind.

this needs practice and can be fixed. romo made several good points on this.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Not at 16 per he doesn't. I know they're 3-0 but how KC justifies paying that for their 3rd receiving option is mind boggling. Still like Sammy though.

Not that it would happen but, the one thing I would say about getting Watkins back would be that with J.A. at the helm and not TT; Watkins would definitely reap the rewards if he stayed healthy. He would be a completely different player than he was before with someone that won't ALWAYS check down to the shorter to intermediate passes.

29 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think allen should throw 100 long balls a day to foster everyday this week.  they should be better at making these plays by now. foster has to have the discipline to just keep running full speed and allen needs to let it rip and not let the thought of overthrowing or putting touch on it enter his mind.

this needs practice and can be fixed. romo made several good points on this.

Have to agree with your statement of them practicing the long ball. Allen should chuck that ball to him until he's consistently catching 7 out of 10. I heard Romo make that point as well several times. I have to say that I was not a big fan of Romo while he played...i thought he was a good QB but not great, but I have to say the guy is a fantastic analyst when it comes to calling a game.  

Edited by BigPappy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Not that it would happen but, the one thing I would say about getting Watkins back would be that with J.A. at the helm and not TT; Watkins would definitely reap the rewards if he stayed healthy. 

It'd be a great match. Sammy instantly becomes the man since we don't have a Tyreek Hill or Kelce.

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

It'd be a great match. Sammy instantly becomes the man since we don't have a Tyreek Hill or Kelce.

I agree, it would be great and he would become our instant #1 receiver with his speed and hands,  but they dealt him away because he didn't buy into the system\environment, or at least that was what was said. If that's true, they aren't going to go after him to get him back. Now, if they dealt him last year stricktly for draft capital for the 2018 draft to get Allen, with all the picks and cap space for 2019, maybe it could happen...... Maybe.

54 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Not that it would happen but, the one thing I would say about getting Watkins back would be that with J.A. at the helm and not TT; Watkins would definitely reap the rewards if he stayed healthy. He would be a completely different player than he was before with someone that won't ALWAYS check down to the shorter to intermediate passes.

Have to agree with your statement of them practicing the long ball. Allen should chuck that ball to him until he's consistently catching 7 out of 10. I heard Romo make that point as well several times. I have to say that I was not a big fan of Romo while he played...i thought he was a good QB but not great, but I have to say the guy is a fantastic analyst when it comes to calling a game.  

normally i prefer listening to murph and kelso with the tv down, but not when romo is on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

I'd take a look at Tevin Coleman. He is FA after this year and ATL just drafted Ito Smith as a possible replacement. With Freeman in the fold, they might not want to take on the contract. He could be our version of Kamara and get 12-15 touches per game. Golden Tate is FA next year too. With the emergence of Golloday, DET may be in play. Enunwa is FA next year too, but the Jets might not want to deal in the div.  And last but not least, put out feelers for Antonio Brown. If he buys in ( a big if). Allen will have his #1.  

Imagine next year Allen with WR --Brown, Johnson (UB Rd1), Tate and RB's Coleman, Ivory, Murphy. A beefed up OL with Marpet and Paradis. Keep the D together and draft another LB, CB, DE or pick up a few key FA...    

I think Tevin will probably get overpaid in FA - and I am not convinced by him as a "lead" back. Golden Tate has been a terrific NFL receiver and I would be happy taking him on for 3 years front loaded and drafting a guy early. Let Tate be the vet in the room and the #1 his first year and then phase the young guy into that #1 role for year 2. I'm all over Ali Marpet as a FA target at guard. Immediate upgrade. Less of a Paradis fan (think he will be very overpaid) but we will need to find a center by hook or by crook.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

if we could acquire a good WR, make the deal!

Chris Conley from KC. Speed, odd man out with all those weapons. Would likely be cheap. 

Strengths

Smooth in his routes and lulls cornerbacks to sleep before hitting sneaky second gear to gain separation over the top. Accelerates through deep balls. Does good job of stemming routes. Can get open on corner route from the slot. Quick to find ball in flight and make adjustments to seal the deal. Hands-catcher who snatches away from his body. Runs sharp, in-breaking routes to maintain separation from lurking safety. Ran a variety of routes at Georgia. Recognizes how to plant his flag in open spaces for quarterback to find him. Gets feet inbounds when catching near sideline and end zone.

Weaknesses

Needs to add more polish to his routes to open wider throwing windows. Can be redirected and thrown off course by press coverage. Takes time to ramp back up to desired play speed when defenders get hands on him. Won't flash the desired quickness and foot speed to get himself open underneath. Won't light it up after the catch. Dropped way too many throws during drills at the combine.

Draft Projection

Round 3

Sources Tell Us

"As soon as he popped those numbers at the combine, I promise you that everyone went scrambling for his tape. Hard to tell if he's a workout warrior or an NFL starter after you watch his tape. He's going to get drafted high based on those numbers though." - AFC offensive coordinator

NFL Comparison

Cody Latimer

Bottom Line

Tall receiver who showed off blazing speed and explosiveness in the combine. Conley displays a natural feel for the position and has hand strength and body control to make tough, contested catches. Lacked gaudy numbers in run-heavy Georgia offense, but his productivity per catch will certainly be noticed by NFL teams. Issues with catching the ball consistently at the combine raised some eyebrows.

Edited by MAJBobby