any WR's potential trade targets?

Pete

Have we not learned out lesson from last year? Do NOT trade anything here for a receiver another team has "had enough" of.  There is normally a good reason why said team have had enough. And look.... even after yesterday I don't think this is a playoff team.  My pre-season prediction was 6-10. After weeks 1 and 2 I was worried that was wildly optimistic but after yesterday I still think we likely end up around that mark. Keep our assets. Lots of cap space and 10 draft picks. There is a real chance to start making this team good pretty quickly if what we saw out of Josh Allen yesterday is for real.

• Like (+1) 9

I think they just have to wait until next offseason, make do with what they have.  This is likely not a playoff season anyways. They traded for KB last season and it pretty much has backfired on them.  I want to see them hold on to draft capital and not trade it away on marginal veteran players.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Put up almost 900 yards. Beggars cant be choosers right now 

I just don't see the point of throwing assets at more band aids for this year. If we lose some games because Robert Foster can't catch a perfectly thrown dime by Josh Allen what does it matter? People are not stupid, they will still be able to see Josh's production. Benjamin on the first drive, Clay in the endzone and Foster down the sideline should all have made those plays. I count them all in my evaluation of our Quarterback yesterday. This year more than almost any I can remember as a Bills fan will not be judged by Ws and Ls.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just don't see the point of throwing assets at more band aids for this year. If we lose some games because Robert Foster can't catch a perfectly thrown dime by Josh Allen what does it matter? People are not stupid, they will still be able to see Josh's production. Benjamin on the first drive, Clay in the endzone and Foster down the sideline should all have made those plays. I count them all in my evaluation of our Quarterback yesterday. This year more than almost any I can remember as a Bills fan will not be judged by Ws and Ls.

You can never have that mindset. I don’t think we’re signing him. But on the flip side these wrs can’t keep dropping the ball right?  There is a road to the playoffs but it’s gonna take a bunch of division wins and a hell of a run the next couple months.  Winning will help joshs development more than anything. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

You can never have that mindset. I don’t think we’re signing him. But on the flip side these wrs can’t keep dropping the ball right?  There is a road to the playoffs but it’s gonna take a bunch of division wins and a hell of a run the next couple months.  Winning will help joshs development more than anything. 

I am not saying don't try to win. I am saying don't give any assets for the future to win now in a season that likely isn't resulting in the playoffs in any event. We made the KB move at 5-2 last year with a weak wildcard field. If you get to 5-2 and the wildcard field looks weak then sure throw your chips in. We are 1-2. No more band aids. Build this team the right way for the long term. If our QB is legit we could actually contend as early as next year with the assets we have to throw at that offseason. 

• Like (+1) 2