WR Suggestion - Bills should sign ASAP

OrediggerPoke

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That was my favorite WR group since the Super Bowl Years.  I just loved those guys, regardless of production

Yeah me too, the whole team really. Fitzy, Freddy, Chan, of course Meatball too, even ol' foghorn leghorn himself at GM

Fun to watch, and the first time Bills football was enjoyable since before "Skeletor" Jauron

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

In my opinion  the Bills need a sure handed receiver that Allen trusts with his fastballs. 

Solution: Sign Tanner Gentry off the Bears practice squad. The guy isn’t blazing fast but catches everything.  I call him a taller Wes Welker. Josh Allen and Tanner Gentry spent their summers together in Laramie running routes and playing catch on a daily basis.  They have an amazing rapport.  Gentry rarely (if ever) dropped an on target Allen pass. 

Bills should act quickly.  Anthony Miller was hurt today for the Bears and Gentry is a possible signee to the active roster. 

Gentry would have caught that Foster ball. 

I completely agree.  I think this guy could be an upgraded version of the next Chris Hogan.

I'll tell you what these guys have been failing Allen over and over again on his deep passes... Foster has had what like 3 solid deep passes sent his way that he hasn't grabbed. It's frustrating to see it because those big chunks of yardage like that can swing momentum. These guys need to start hauling in these fricken passes!

Benjamin just looks like he doesn't even care... Idk how much longer McDermott allows him to half ass it out there. It's getting to a point I'd think where he has to say ya know what let me put someone out there who wants to be out there balling.

Edited by GrizzReaper

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

If we're going to bring in players already on other teams, we should just grab AB and Julio, IMO.

K Orton, I see retirement has made you an ass. I apologize for not knowing every team a free agent signs to and when. Last I heard he was a free agent.

4 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

In my opinion  the Bills need a sure handed receiver that Allen trusts with his fastballs. 

Solution: Sign Tanner Gentry off the Bears practice squad. The guy isn’t blazing fast but catches everything.  I call him a taller Wes Welker. Josh Allen and Tanner Gentry spent their summers together in Laramie running routes and playing catch on a daily basis.  They have an amazing rapport.  Gentry rarely (if ever) dropped an on target Allen pass. 

Bills should act quickly.  Anthony Miller was hurt today for the Bears and Gentry is a possible signee to the active roster. 

So you want to use a roster spot on a rookie WR who will now need to learn our playbook just because he played at Wyoming with Allen? If were going to pick someone up at least go for  veteran guy like Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt  or Markus Wheaton .

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I'm still a fan of Tanner myself, but I do think there's reason to be cautious with a guy that couldn't make the active roster of the team with probably the worst WR corps in the league last season. And it still isn't very good this season either and he's still on the practice squad.

Bears have fine receivers. Who are you talking about?

4 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

We have the worst WRs I think we have ever had. 

Would kill for Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, and David Nelson right now even.

KB is just terrible. 

Sure, give this Gentry kid a shot.

Are you sure?  Many posters here have assured me that he is a great WR, since the moment we acquired him.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So you want to use a roster spot on a rookie WR who will now need to learn our playbook just because he played at Wyoming with Allen? If were going to pick someone up at least go for  veteran guy like Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt  or Markus Wheaton .

He isn’t a rookie.  This is Gentry’s 2nd year in the league.  There is a reason Allen’s stats dropped off significantly from 2016 to 2017 in college. 

Kenny Britt is the last guy Josh Allen needs to be successful.  I haven’t followed the Bills until this year but drops appear to be a serious issue.  Kenny Britt is king of the all world talent but can’t actually catch the ball. 

Gentry catches Allen’s rockets plain and simple.  Don’t see a lot of guys currently on the Bills roster that I can say the same thing about.  My two cents without having watched those guys at training camp, etc. 

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Then again.  Gentry played at little Wyoming and didn’t face any ‘real’ competition so he must not be any good and will absolutely be a bust when he faces ‘real’ competition.  You may have seen that argument made before too.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Then again.  Gentry played at little Wyoming and didn’t face any ‘real’ competition so he must not be any good and will absolutely be a bust when he faces ‘real’ competition.  You may have seen that argument made before too.  

I really appreciate your insight and you sharing your experiences with watching Josh in college.   I live in Las Vegas,  and I questioned the wisdom of drafting a quarterback from the Mountain West conference.  But I was so wrong.  He is an amazing athlete.   We come to two Bills Drive.  Glad to have you on our bandwagon. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
Error

What could it hurt?  From top to bottom, our WR’s have not earned any job security.

I’d even take a flier on Reilly.  He may not be fast, but last years preseason he seemed to catch everything.  A little time for may motivate him.

Next step is to get KB in front of the Jugs machine at its highest setting.  Dude can’t handle Allen’s fastball at all.  One of his catches yesterday he cradled more than caught, and looked like he was going to drop it.