WR Suggestion - Bills should sign ASAP

OrediggerPoke

In my opinion  the Bills need a sure handed receiver that Allen trusts with his fastballs. 

Solution: Sign Tanner Gentry off the Bears practice squad. The guy isn’t blazing fast but catches everything.  I call him a taller Wes Welker. Josh Allen and Tanner Gentry spent their summers together in Laramie running routes and playing catch on a daily basis.  They have an amazing rapport.  Gentry rarely (if ever) dropped an on target Allen pass. 

Bills should act quickly.  Anthony Miller was hurt today for the Bears and Gentry is a possible signee to the active roster. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm still a fan of Tanner myself, but I do think there's reason to be cautious with a guy that couldn't make the active roster of the team with probably the worst WR corps in the league last season. And it still isn't very good this season either and he's still on the practice squad.

It seems like an obvious fit but I think the reason they haven't pursued this is that they don't really value the WR position enough to carry a spare........ and the guys they have really all have pretty specific roles.

That's why Kerley got cut.......he's kinda' redundant with Jones and KB and Ray Ray all capable of playing Kerley's position to some degree. 

If Zay Jones got hurt I think they might be on the horn for Gentry but Holmes and Foster are the lowest guys on the depth chart IMO and they both have very defined roles that Gentry  wouldn't be able to replace.

53 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I support bringing on Gentry. I would also like to see us bring Deon Thompson back.... Good speed, can stretch the field... and actually catches a damn ball

Deonte was cut during Dallas' final cut but brought back within a day or two, wish he was available would love to have him back.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

We have the worst WRs I think we have ever had. 

Would kill for Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, and David Nelson right now even.

KB is just terrible. 

Sure, give this Gentry kid a shot.

That was my favorite WR group since the Super Bowl Years.  I just loved those guys, regardless of production