Milano = Playmaker

7 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Milano was a rookie last year.  He is only getting better.  He has not even started a full season's worth of games.  

....initially had doubts because he's smallish, but this kid is a damn gamer.......the 5th round delivers again (HINT" Meatball)................

Milano showed more of what he was last season in games such as vs OAK. The D as a whole can take a bow after this one. With all the stuff you hear about a trap game and taking a team lightly, I’m not buying it. MIN has plenty of talent up and down their roster and had 55 minutes to wake up and get their head out of their posterior. 

• Like (+1) 4

In college at BC, Milano was the "viper" in DC Don Brown's defense.  The viper is hybrid linebacker/safety position that is the key to Brown's defense.  He usually puts his best athlete in that role.  I think that BC's defense was #1 in the country Milano's senior year.  Brown left BC and went to Michigan, where Jabril Peppers (Heisman finalist, 1st round pick and starting safety for the Browns) became his next viper.  I was really excited with the Bills drafted Milano and it is great to see him fulfilling his potential, as he did in college.  Hopefully, he can maintain this level of play and have a successful career.  For a 5th round pick, the returns are looking pretty good right now.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

Matt Milano makes plays. 

I don't want to hear the old school nonsense about "holding up against the run" etc.

In this day and age, you need linebackers and edge players flying around the football. Milano is the lone young player who does just that. 

Seems to me they made a calculated decision to be more aggressive overall and it worked. They need to keep that up. Sitting back in zone and playing safe defensive football does not work anymore.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Wow, what a performance. One of the best LB performances by a Bill that I can remember. To think that I called him our biggest problem during the preseason is embarrassing. 

I salute you Matt Milano. 

Has Milano responded?  Wouldn't that be cool if he did and said: "Appreciate it bro!  Trust the process!"

11 minutes ago, teef said:

i watched him all through college, and didn't think he'd translate well to the pro game.  i was very wrong.

Image result for It's okay GIF