Shady 356 22.25

2014 leading receivers -   yds

Watkins 1047 65.44
Woods 552 34.50
Clay 528 33.00
Hogan 450 28.13
Shady 292 18.25

On 10/8/2018 at 9:54 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... you're telling us Zay is on pace to catch 32 passes for 461 yards.

So.... not much different than ALL the talent the Bills lost  - just saying 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This thread will live until the OP makes the correction.  

Ill keep posting the stats as a weekly reminder.  

And I'm o.k. with that too. Look, if you're gonna believe that this isn't 95% about horrid QB play, then you have to believe all of these at the same time: (1) that Benjamin in his contract year is suddenly complete trash, (2) that Zay Jones simply can't get open or catch the ball when he is open, and (3) that Charles Clay has suddenly moved from reliable but unspectacular 5 catches/60 yards per game guy to almost complete nonfactor.  I prefer the simpler explanation - it's all on the QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

You don't break the NCAA reception record unless you can separate. Reports of Zays demise have been greatly overstated.

Hmmm...but I’ve been told by folks around here that Allen is fine just all the receivers suck. They can’t get open and whatnot. Really makes you think ? 

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Hmmm...but I’ve been told by folks around here that Allen is fine just all the receivers suck. They can’t get open and whatnot. Really makes you think ? 

Are you really saying that Zay Jones has been beating coverage and often open and Josh Allen has been repeatedly missing him? That hasn't been happening. In fact, Zay dropped a very catchable third and long pass by Allen today. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Allen is struggling to slow the game down and make reads. On the whole our receivers are terrible. But Allen was a project when we drafted him, nothing has changed. No one can say what he will or will not be yet.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Are you really saying that Zay Jones has been beating coverage and often open and Josh Allen has been repeatedly missing him? That hasn't been happening. In fact, Zay dropped a very catchable third and long pass by Allen today. 

Just commenting on the separation stat brought up above. I don’t think Allen has been missing him a lot per se, because I don’t think Allen has kept his head up and eyes down the field long enough to even make the decision to throw to Zay, or anyone else. And I have to look at the drop stats for this season, but I’d bet Zay has improved on that compared to year 1.

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Allen is struggling to slow the game down and make reads. On the whole our receivers are terrible. But Allen was a project when we drafted him, nothing has changed. No one can say what he will or will not be yet.

As a whole unit, yes - the WRs are bad. Zay is the best of a bad bunch right now, which isn’t saying a whole lot. Hope he continues to improve.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Just commenting on the separation stat brought up above. I don’t think Allen has been missing him a lot per se, because I don’t think Allen has kept his head up and eyes down the field long enough to even make the decision to throw to Zay, or anyone else. And I have to look at the drop stats for this season, but I’d bet Zay has improved on that compared to year 1.

Don't look at the separation stats they are complete bullschitt. A play where no one covers a guy because of a mistaken coverage a guy has great separation. Look at the games and then the all-22. Zay gets little separation although in the last couple games he's been slightly better. Not good though. Very nice double move and catch on the TD though. That was very nice. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Don't look at the separation stats they are complete bullschitt. A play where no one covers a guy because of a mistaken coverage a guy has great separation. Look at the games and then the all-22. Zay gets little separation although in the last couple games he's been slightly better. Not good though. Very nice double move and catch on the TD though. That was very nice. 

Thanks - I don’t see that stat quoted a lot, so I am not certain how they calculate it. If they just throw every play into the pot and bust out the rulers without taking into account the coverage, then yes it’s pretty useless and mostly BS

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

bull **** maybe.   But one argument here is that the WR’s don’t separate. 

The tweet above indicates he does.  

KB has been getting the most targets and has the least production.  

Maybe they need to target Zay more. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

bull **** maybe.   But one argument here is that the WR’s don’t separate. 

The tweet above indicates he does.  

KB has been getting the most targets and has the least production.  

Maybe they need to target Zay more. 

It depends on how the stat is calculated. The "time to throw" stat often if not usually shows the exact opposite of what it is supposed to. Out of contact the raw stat is less than worthless. It's harmful because people don't know how to see it or use it or understand it. 

When do these stat companies start and stop calling something "separation?"  A lot of times a defender watching the QB will leave his man as soon as he is confident it's not going to him. That guy gets the extra separation yards? If it's a zone, which is like, half the plays, and the defense let's a guy go so the safety behind is supposed to pick him up, this is "separation?" It's a total bullschitt stat. 

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It depends on how the stat is calculated. The "time to throw" stat often if not usually shows the exact opposite of what it is supposed to. Out of contact the raw stat is less than worthless. It's harmful because people don't know how to see it or use it or understand it. 

When do these stat companies start and stop calling something "separation?"  A lot of times a defender watching the QB will leave his man as soon as he is confident it's not going to him. That guy gets the extra separation yards? If it's a zone, which is like, half the plays, and the defense let's a guy go so the safety behind is supposed to pick him up, this is "separation?" It's a total bullschitt stat. 

I’ve said it many times. Stats lie.  

Basically what you are stating 

they dont often tell the right story.