It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

1 minute ago, Augie said:

No disagreement here, but again I was just responding to the thread title. It’s not even close. (BTW - he is a friggin’ artist catching the ball compared to KB at this point. YIKES!)

Ha, yeah hard to argue that...WTF happened to KB.  Where is the KB that was fired up on the first drive of the preseason?  Maybe Beane should set up a video chat call every Sunday morning between Cam and KB to get him mad again because he has looked like he could care less every single drive since that game.  

52 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If the end result is a W. why do you care? 

This seas on .......   Nate Peterman had a ZERO QB rating week 1.   Benched at the half but I believe Zay had a catch or two in that game.

Josh Allen has played 2.5 games under center.   His first game start came against the Chargers and did little to nothing the first half.  But since then we have seen some improvement. 

Who's fault is it the most targets go to KB?   The coaches?  Josh's?   Zays?

If KB keeps dropping balls, I expect Zay to be the #1 guy and with it his numbers will increase. 

Zay flat out sucks. There is really no stat to say he is even a competent receiver. 

I will gladly eat my words if he starts ripping it. Just don’t see it happening though.

7 hours ago, Dr. Fong said:

Remember when people used to say the same thing about Eric Moulds? I sure do. Will Jones turn it around? I don’t know and neither do you. Give the guy a chance to grow. 

my feelings exactly.    Not every star is made on day 1.  

We got Jerry Hughes because Indy though him a failure. 

I don't know about "biggest bust" but I do think Zay is in the discussion as the worst starting player in the entire NFL - he's really that bad.  He fights the ball when he tries to catch it - he almost dropped that 53-yard bomb against San Diego.  He rarely gets himself open.  He runs with no explosion or power.  Honestly, he's awful.

Hopefully he turns into an Eric Moulds.  He was horrible in his first two seasons, didn’t  he order a pizza from the side lines?  In year 3, he finally turned it around and become a #1 receiver.  For many receives, it takes three seasons for them to develop.  

On 9/24/2018 at 2:29 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

based on last year YES.  

based on most catches and most yards YES.

Why not have a damn thread on how EVERY receiver we have sucks.

Would that make the Negative Nancy's feel better? 

I mean, their really isn't a reason to start a thread on why any of them don't suck.

10 hours ago, Mopreme said:

Hopefully he turns into an Eric Moulds.  He was horrible in his first two seasons, didn’t  he order a pizza from the side lines?  In year 3, he finally turned it around and become a #1 receiver.  For many receives, it takes three seasons for them to develop.  

Doubt he will ever be as good as Moulds. Not every player that enters the league gets to their best right away. Some are overwhelmed by the NFL and it takes time to fully learn their craft and play to their best. Clearly Zay is no where near that right now, but he could be by the end of the season. He needs better coaching as all the Bills receivers seem to have issues catching the ball. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

based on last year YES.  

based on most catches and most yards YES.

Why not have a damn thread on how EVERY receiver we have sucks.

Would that make the Negative Nancy's feel better? 

Every receiver we have sucks.  Including Zay.  Being potentially the best of the suck doesn't make one good.

• Haha (+1) 1

For some reason people believe a team that drafts Zay Jones and trades for Calvin Benjamin can evaluate the talent of a Qb?

They sure did a great job drafting and starting Peterman. The talent evaluation here is terrible. Makes me nervous about our brilliant trades and maneuvering to pick up Josh Allen 

9 minutes ago, unclepete said:

For some reason people believe a team that drafts Zay Jones and trades for Calvin Benjamin can evaluate the talent of a Qb?

They sure did a great job drafting and starting Peterman. The talent evaluation here is terrible. Makes me nervous about our brilliant trades and maneuvering to pick up Josh Allen 

Well, if they spent any time scouting and evaluating Calvin Benjamin, I would definitely question their abilities.

The young WRs who are making impacts around the league all have quality veterans around them. Benjamin and Holmes are nowhere near quality.  But yes, Zay has been pretty disappointing. Our whole WR unit is a !@#$ing joke really.