It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

10 minutes ago, GG said:

How many weeks did either spend off an NFL roster?

I'm glad you asked.  Chris Hogan spent 1 week on the practice squad with the Giants his rookie year.  He then had a gap of about 12 weeks before being signed to the Dolphins practice squad. He was then cut week 1 from the Dolphins practice squad, and again went unclaimed for 2 months before being signed by the Bills.

Tony Romo is a different story, but no GM thought he was worth a seventh round pick.  With the benefit of hindsight, I'm sure you'd agree they were wrong?

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Zay had a TERRIBLE first season  because he had a TERRIBLE passing QB.

Zay has done well so far and BELIEVE it or NOT is our most productive receiver

So the first year its because the QB. But this year its called doing well? He is basically putting up the same numbers as last year and no dropped game winning pass like last year. Lets keep it real. He did not play well last year and has not this year. QB does not matter. 

16 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Brandon Reilly = heart, hands and the instinct for how to get open.  

If this kid was as good as half this board believes, then he would've been picked up or added to a practice squad somewhere. I think since he was cut he's received one or two tryouts? Some seem to think he's the next Adam Thielen or something...

16 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So the first year its because the QB. But this year its called doing well? He is basically putting up the same numbers as last year and no dropped game winning pass like last year. Lets keep it real. He did not play well last year and has not this year. QB does not matter. 

I said he had problems 

Having the QB that he had didn’t help the situation. 

The CoT has moved on.  

And Cleveland is already making the Taylor headstone for Halloween ? 

52 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Zay had a TERRIBLE first season  because he had a TERRIBLE passing QB.

Zay has done well so far and BELIEVE it or NOT is our most productive receiver

6 receptions for 106 yards and 0 touchdowns in 3 games is considered doing well by you?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Um...not to feed the hysteria...Zay's career so far is as bad as anyones.  Those guys seem like "bigger" busts because they were first round picks instead of 2nd round picks.  The guy  just doesn't do anything on the field, and its a coin flip if he will even catch the ball when it hits him right in his hands.  

Would I rank him biggest bust ever...No for a couple of reasons.

1. He's still in his 2nd season, so he can still come around.  
  2. He wasn't a first round pick, those busts are bigger and hurt more.

But all that being said, his career has so far been complete s**t and the only thing memorable he has ever done is lose us the Carolina game running a pathetic route and try to jump out a window naked.  The day he makes a positive memory on the field will be the first time.  

I’m not saying I’m happy with his production, I’m just answering the question. Just like you did. Maybe all ships will rise as this tide rolls in, but he IS our leading receiver so far in catches (tied with Benjamin on far fewer targets) and yards with a strong 17.67 average. Again, he needs to do better, but we seem to have the same answer to the question posed. 

27 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

6 receptions for 106 yards and 0 touchdowns in 3 games is considered doing well by you?

based on last year YES.  

based on most catches and most yards YES.

Why not have a damn thread on how EVERY receiver we have sucks.

Would that make the Negative Nancy's feel better? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

based on last year YES.  

based on most catches and most yards YES.

Why not have a damn thread on how EVERY receiver we have sucks.

Would that make the Negative Nancy's feel better? 

On that pace he’s due to have 32 catches for 565 yards and 0 TDS.

Outstanding projected numbers for the number 2 receiver on the depth chart.

I hate to be greedy, but maybe he can even reach 40 catches for 600 with a couple scores!

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not saying I’m happy with his production, I’m just answering the question. Just like you did. Maybe all ships will rise as this tide rolls in, but he IS our leading receiver so far in catches (tied with Benjamin on far fewer targets) and yards with a strong 17.67 average. Again, he needs to do better, but we seem to have the same answer to the question posed. 

His average though is based off one long catch that he bobbled again and barely caught.  Not rooting against him, just being honest about his career to date.  A guy who set the NCAA record for receptions should not make catching the ball look so hard.

I have nothing against him, I was excited when we got him.  But I would be lying if I said I haven't been beyond disappointed in him so far.  So I will root hard for him to get something going, but again, his body to work to date is pretty poor both on and off the field is all I was saying.  So he needs to start showing us why he was a 2nd round pick and soon.  

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

On that pace he’s due to have 32 catches for 565 yards and 0 TDS.

Outstanding projected numbers for the number 2 receiver on the depth chart.

I hate to be greedy, but maybe he can even reach 40 catches for 600 with a couple scores!

If the end result is a W. why do you care? 

This seas on .......   Nate Peterman had a ZERO QB rating week 1.   Benched at the half but I believe Zay had a catch or two in that game.

Josh Allen has played 2.5 games under center.   His first game start came against the Chargers and did little to nothing the first half.  But since then we have seen some improvement. 

Who's fault is it the most targets go to KB?   The coaches?  Josh's?   Zays?

If KB keeps dropping balls, I expect Zay to be the #1 guy and with it his numbers will increase. 

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

His average though is based off one long catch that he bobbled again and barely caught.  Not rooting against him, just being honest about his career to date.  A guy who set the NCAA record for receptions should not make catching the ball look so hard.

I have nothing against him, I was excited when we got him.  But I would be lying if I said I haven't been beyond disappointed in him so far.  So I will root hard for him to get something going, but again, his body to work to date is pretty poor both on and off the field is all I was saying.  So he needs to start showing us why he was a 2nd round pick and soon.  

No disagreement here, but again I was just responding to the thread title. It’s not even close. (BTW - he is a friggin’ artist catching the ball compared to KB at this point. YIKES!)