It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He’s “balling?” ???!

If you were to replace “balling” with “outperforming his competition”, then sadly yes, despite limited opportunities. I get it, it’s been disappointing, but lets enjoy this win and keep our eyes on the horizon. Give him more chances, we may see more production. But see the chart above.

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

???

Kiko was DROY runner-up just like White, and Woods and Goodwin looked to be regulars in the NFL. How is that “less talented” than 2017?  I admit, we didn’t have the Peterman star in 2013, but EJM was probably better?

Goodwin has played one good season.  He never looked like a regular with Buffalo.  It will take a few years to see how everyone turns out but right now, Dawkins looks like our LT of the future and White looks like a shutdown corner and Milano is playing like he'll be an important piece in the middle of the defense.  Time will tell but as of right now I believe it's better than the 2013 class.

Edited by Buffalo30

16 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Again - EJ isn't close to Mike Williams or Maybin - how old are some of these posters??  10??

Nothing to do with age. What was maybin going to mean to this team? He was a late top 10 Dlineman. It’s not crazy to think you don’t get a ton out of him. I never cared for a second about him not panning out. Mike Williams was a big deal and it sucked that he struggled. He ended up being okay later on but he was up there with EJ. Ej was a QB. That’s a whole different animal. To draft a Qb in round 1, the first qb off the board and to have him never get better from day 1 is worse IMO. You take a guy that everyone else says is going in round 4, 16th overall. Hand him opportunity after opportunity and waste seasons with talented rosters. The guy never got any better from his first day in Buffalo. He has the worst footwork or any qb I have ever seen at this level and is the only passer close to as bad as Tebow. It’s just different to me when it’s a QB that you keep shoving down the coaches throat. Ej was a complete waste and when you think about what you expect from a first round Qb, he’s a bigger bust then the other 2.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

10 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Goodwin has played one good season.  He never looked like a regular with Buffalo.  It will take a few years to see how everyone turns out but right now, Dawkins looks like our LT of the future and White looks like a shutdown corner and Milano is playing like he'll be an important piece in the middle of the defense.  Time will tell but as of right now I believe it's better than the 2013 class.

If you judged the 2013 class after one year (like you’re judging the 2017 class), we had two solid WR’s, a starting QB and a defensive cornerstone. What does NFL stand for?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

If you judged the 2013 class after one year (like you’re judging the 2017 class), we had two solid WR’s, a starting QB and a defensive cornerstone. What does NFL stand for?

Goodwin had 17 catches...that's not a solid wr and what did EJ do in his first year to make anyone believe he was the next franchise QB?  That's just ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He was our starter.

Sure he was but that doesn't mean he looked like the next franchise QB.  Kelly Holcomb was also a start for us once, did anyone consider him the next franchise QB when he was?  Nope.  Milano, White and Dawkins actually have talent.

Edited by Buffalo30

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Could anyone be more invisible out there? Yeah, Benjamin is in self-preservation mode and going half speed on half of his plays, but Zay is trying his best. That’s horrific. There is 0.0 chance this guy makes it out of TC next year. 

We took him over JuJu. Damn. I’d rather have TJ Graham.

TJ Graham?  Seriously?  You got a short memory

Me, I'm gonna wait until I see the all-22 and see what they were asking Jones to do.  The bits I was able to see on the televised film, I saw him laying a competent block that enabled Rayray to pick up 5 yds on a quick dump pass.   I saw him running a crosser with quick separation on a play where Allen was sacked.  I saw him running a fake end-around correctly and with good timing.  I saw him open on a short slant to the right sideline where Allen was looking L for Ivory all the way.  There were at least 2 plays where he was running deeper than the televised window and I couldn't see what route he ran or whether or not he was open.

And that's just in the first 2 min of the 33 minute condensed game.

So yeah, I would have to say someone could be more invisible out there.  I can't explain why he's apparently not visible to you.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Who said franchise QB? 

He was a bad QB lol.  That's not a positive out of a draft class. Just because he is a starter doesn't mean anything.  Dawkins, White and Milano are PRODUCTIVE starters who have continued to progress into year 2 so far.  Keep trying man but you're really grasping at straws here.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Could anyone be more invisible out there? Yeah, Benjamin is in self-preservation mode and going half speed on half of his plays, but Zay is trying his best. That’s horrific. There is 0.0 chance this guy makes it out of TC next year. 

Oh no you wouldn't. TJ Graham played for the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL and was god awful, dropping crucial passes left and right until they cut him in August. As poor as Zay as been, He's miles better than Graham. I am amazed that he is even still playing after that mental breakdown he had.

Benjamin isnt in self preservation mode, quite opposite::  he's in a contract year, the biggest "show me" season of his career, and he's playing dreadful football.

Lazy route running, stone hands, half assed blocking.   

I called for him to be benched last week, what is it going to take?   Seriously, do our coaches not have a better option than this clown?  Come on man.

He had two good years about 4 catches.er game avg with Cam and a lot of other weapons, but he's shown Carolina and us what he really is over and over again.

Beane missed on that dude.   

End this bull ****

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

How many weeks of history are you counting for this conclusion?