Would you rather have: Mahomes or both Allen & Tre?

Alphadawg7

Would you rather Poll  

309 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have right now...

• Patrick Mahomes
    • Josh Allen and Tre White

11 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

weird hair, weird voice and Allen in bigger, stronger and faster. 4.8 40 vs 4.75 40. stronger arm, quicker release.

Over the long haul I think Allen will be better provided Beane gives him better protection and weapons. 

Lol comparing QB 40 times as if it matters.

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Lol comparing QB 40 times as if it matters.

The point is that although Allen is the bigger man he is also more athletic. Yes, it does matter as he will be able to escape the rush better and elude defensive players when he scrambles.

Tony Romo stated he couldn't believe how quick the guy was when got away from Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr as he headed for that corner of the end zone. 

While its difficult for any Bills fan to want Allen over what Mahomes has done so far this year. I love it that Allen got the Bills defense fired up by that rushing TD and hurdling Barr the way he did as the entire Bills bench went nuts over that. The Bills defensive players all saw that rookie QB willing to give his all to make a first down and they all wanted to make plays after that. Some stated that they couldn't wait to get on the field to hit someone. 

While Mahomes looks very special so far we all can see he is in a very potent offense with some major weapons around him. Allen managed to do it mostly on his own with a not so good offense around him. Gotta love that passion and desire to make a first down, win! 

14 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Do you think that Chiefs fans are bummed they didn’t take Allen instead of Mahomes right now?

No but they are bummed about the defense. It's going to catch up with them eventually. They traded Peters and spent all their money on offense. That's why the question isn't as easy as you're trying to make it. White is already an elite shutdown corner. If Allen turns out to be a consistent top 10 QB and Mahomes turns out to be a consistent top 5 QB there is still an argument that Allen and White is the right pick. And right now it's too early to know where either QB will end up so it's a dumb question.

8 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The point is that although Allen is the bigger man he is also more athletic. Yes, it does matter as he will be able to escape the rush better and elude defensive players when he scrambles.! 

Allen is bigger, but more athletic? That's just fluff. 

Mahomes is very mobile, both in the pocket and on bootlegs. 

Neither guy is a power runner like Cam, nor are  they as agile and quick as Wilson, but I think they both bring plenty to the table. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The point is that although Allen is the bigger man he is also more athletic. Yes, it does matter as he will be able to escape the rush better and elude defensive players when he scrambles.

It doesn’t matter. Both QBs are athletic freaks. Comparing a 4.75 and 4.8 40 time for QBs is essentially a dick measuring contest for insecure fans who need to convince the world their guy is better. Right now, Mahomes looks unreal and I’m sure a lot of that has to do with Reid, the system and who he has around him on the field.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:49 PM, billsfan11 said:

Allen and Tre. 

Got a man crush on Allen today.

His leadership, swag, poise, gun of a arm, mobility.

I think he is going to be really special one day .

And on top of it, Tre white is just incredible. He has all pro written all over him

This

And I'm not big on the useless "What ifs". Allen and Tre are here, Mahomes is with the Chiefs, and it ain't changing this year or the next! 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It doesn’t matter. Both QBs are athletic freaks. Comparing a 4.75 and 4.8 40 time for QBs is essentially a dick measuring contest for insecure fans who need to convince the world their guy is better. Right now, Mahomes looks unreal and I’m sure a lot of that has to do with Reid, the system and who he has around him on the field.

I made my point and it has nothing to do with insecurity or dick measuring... or perhaps it does in your mind. 

Allen is two inches taller and about ten pounds heavier and yet quicker and all I did was point out factually that Allen ran a faster 40 time. 

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not sure that I ever called mahommes overrated

i will say it again he got to sit a year and has a stacked team around him

he still has to go out and make the throws and he is doing that this was in context of whether I would rather have him or josh Allen and tre

With all due respect, it doesn't seem like you've watched the Chiefs or Mahomes at all.  The guy is throwing lasers all over the field, it's not just a stacked team, his arm has defenses scrambling and blowing coverages.  Watch the TD scramble / throw against KC, he might be the only QB in the NFL who can make that play.  The offense around him certainly helps, but to pretend the guy is just throwing screen passes to Tyreke Hill and watching him do all the work scream you are completely ignorant on the subject.

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Allen and Tre White all day. Not even close!

Mahomes is a very lucky man he walked into the perfect situation with Andy Reed and that Offense.  Stacked WRs, one of the best TEs in the league, star running back and solid Oline. And Off course Andy reed play calling. Cmon.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No but they are bummed about the defense. It's going to catch up with them eventually. They traded Peters and spent all their money on offense. That's why the question isn't as easy as you're trying to make it. White is already an elite shutdown corner. If Allen turns out to be a consistent top 10 QB and Mahomes turns out to be a consistent top 5 QB there is still an argument that Allen and White is the right pick. And right now it's too early to know where either QB will end up so it's a dumb question.

They didn’t have to trade Peters. So really they could have had Mahomes and Peters vs Allen White.

I’m not sure Chiefs fans are even talking about Josh Allen on their boards right now.

22 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I made my point and it has nothing to do with insecurity or dick measuring... or perhaps it does in your mind. 

Allen is two inches taller and about ten pounds heavier and yet quicker and all I did was point out factually that Allen ran a faster 40 time. 

Im not disputing who ran the faster 40 time. I’m telling you it’s meaningless. If you want to use it as some sort of justification as to why you’d take one over the other then go right ahead. It’s silly but that’s your choice.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Im not disputing who ran the faster 40 time. I’m telling you it’s meaningless. If you want to use it as some sort of justification as to why you’d take one over the other then go right ahead. It’s silly but that’s your choice.

Jeez, all I did was make the point that despite being the bigger man Allen is quicker, faster and you are turning it into some sort of mental escapade. 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Jeez, all I did was make the point that despite being the bigger man Allen is quicker, faster and you are turning it into some sort of mental escapade. 

This is a fight worth fighting for. I will die on this hill. It means everything to me.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

With all due respect, it doesn't seem like you've watched the Chiefs or Mahomes at all.  The guy is throwing lasers all over the field, it's not just a stacked team, his arm has defenses scrambling and blowing coverages.  Watch the TD scramble / throw against KC, he might be the only QB in the NFL who can make that play.  The offense around him certainly helps, but to pretend the guy is just throwing screen passes to Tyreke Hill and watching him do all the work scream you are completely ignorant on the subject.

Dont you just love these type of posts.....

Im not insulting you.....but I am insulting you

Go pound sand.....how about that.

Assuming we trade #21 instead of #22 to obtain the other Tre, it should be Allen + Tre + Cordy Glenn's contract 2019 onward vs. Mahomes, two 2018 second rounders (#53 and #56) and Cordy Glenn.

It will be very close but even so, I'd take Allen + Tre + 2019 cap space I think.

The choice as set up is a no-brainer, as of now.