Would you rather have: Mahomes or both Allen & Tre?

Alphadawg7

Would you rather Poll  

309 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have right now...

• Patrick Mahomes
    • Josh Allen and Tre White

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

HAHAHA WHAT!

You think that Josh Allen would be breaking Manning's records in KC?

We can't prove it either way.  It's an impossible scenario to replicate. 

This is like the old "Sammy vs OBJ" threads from BBMB, creating fantasyland "what if's?" for each player that can never be tested. 

All I know is this....Mahomes success is so incredible because it has never been done before

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You call that well covered?  He has like 5 steps on the guy.

That's a perfect throw in between two defenders to hit a FB in stride.

He had just enough under it to clear the defender's hand at the apex of his jump.

That's a gorgeous ball that 90% of QB's miss.

21 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

The problem is that isn't exactly the formula. You need to ADD all the players we may have obtained from the trades to get Allen on the Mahomes side.

At the very least you need to consider all the players that were traded in order to get the draft capital which was all used to select Allen.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

That's a perfect throw in between two defenders to hit a FB in stride.

He had just enough under it to clear the defender's hand at the apex of his jump.

That's a gorgeous ball that 90% of QB's miss.

It might be a good throw....but the guy is NOT well covered.

Am I supposed to kiss his ass because he dropped a dime on a guy that had 5 yards of space a drop in the bucket pass?

Before yesterday I would have had a harder time answering that question, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Shocking, I know! Keep it up Josh! Tre is a stud too, so it’s TWO key positions. 

As for the cost of each player, I’m just answering the question asked. It’s too complicated and convoluted to go much deeper than that.  You can get into all sorts of twisted arguments there, and not really get anywhere solid. 

Time will tell. 

One thing is for SURE, Allen doesn’t have the weapons Mahommes has, so imagine if they traded place. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

By all accounts, he has the confidence and swagger that you want from a QB. 

If his teammates had concerns, the 13 TDs might have changed their mind. 

What's also true though is that stats are for losers. I'm more impressed by the 3-0 start. I will reserve further judgment though until I have a chance to see a Chiefs game,  they are at the Broncos next Monday night. I'm hoping for as few close-ups of his mug as possible, since it's not Halloween yet.

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

What's also true though is that stats are for losers. 

Of course they are, especially if you want talk about "Stats" and "Josh Allen" together. 

Never mind that two of the most analytics heavy teams just played in the Super Bowl. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

23 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So...today, would you rather have Mahomes or the combo of Allen and Tre?  Not speculating on what we could or couldn't have drafted...just focusing on these 3 guys since its all we know.  Mahomes or both Allen and Tre?

Also have to realize, Mahomes would not have been this successful if we had drafted him. What you're seeing is the result of more than just his singular development. Exactly how much of it is the team and coaches around him, versus just his performance is still difficult to discern. But a lot of what we're seeing these past two weeks has more to do with his weapons and Reid than anything else, imho.

Looking back, he would not be the QB we are seeing had we drafted him and "developed" him for a year.

Edited by ctk232

22 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Mahomes is great.  But as with every andy Reid team this too will come to an end.  He has weapons and they make him look good.  

This. We've seen these hot starts by KC before. Eventually, they'll cool down in a big way. With respect to Mahomes, let's see what he does agains better defenses and when coordinators have more tape.

In a nutshell, I don't believe in them. I don't see them as a serious SB threat.

i voted for our guys, because, well...they are our guys. i like mohommes a lot. but tre white is a great kid and a great corner. and josh allen is providing a whole lotta holy $#!! moments. so i am going to trust the process and go with our guys. you like that! you like that! y'all like that! 

I'd rather be the Chiefs. No telling how Mahomes would have fared here, but he's in the MVP race for sure.. as is Fitz lol

57 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This. We've seen these hot starts by KC before. Eventually, they'll cool down in a big way. With respect to Mahomes, let's see what he does agains better defenses and when coordinators have more tape.

In a nutshell, I don't believe in them. I don't see them as a serious SB threat.

They've never had close to this offense. Last time Andy Reid had these kind of weapons to play with they was his TO Eagles. They got off to a hot start with Dwayne Bowe, and Alex Smith never recording a WR TD. this is a different animal

No one knows what either QB is going to be in 5-10 years. One has played 4 games and the other 2 1/2 games. Very little film and time for teams to come up with a game plan to play against. First thing I would do against KC is make the running game beat me, take away the big plays to see if Mahomes gets impatient and starts forcing the ball. I'll take the side with Tre as he's a proven lock down corner already. Besides I absolutely love the fire and heart Allen brings. Been waiting to see this in our QB since the mid-90s.

27 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'd rather be the Chiefs. No telling how Mahomes would have fared here, but he's in the MVP race for sure.. as is Fitz lol

They've never had close to this offense. Last time Andy Reid had these kind of weapons to play with they was his TO Eagles. They got off to a hot start with Dwayne Bowe, and Alex Smith never recording a WR TD. this is a different animal

He does look to be better than check down Alex Smith. He has a cannon for an arm too. I'd take Mahomes over our QB. Its not close. Lets see what he does against bettrr defenses.

As for KC, they need to play this way in December & January or its all for not. I'm just not sold on them being sb contenders.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989