Would you rather have: Mahomes or both Allen & Tre?

Alphadawg7

Would you rather Poll  

309 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have right now...

• Patrick Mahomes
    • Josh Allen and Tre White

It comes down to how Allen progresses moving forward. 

If I was forced to make that decision today I 'd go with Mahomes..  but this time next year, maybe even later in this season,  Allen could very well be putting up huge numbers just the same 

Something else to consider in this

While Mahommes and that offensive machine they have down there is very fun to watch and they are playing well....they are winning shootouts because their defense is putrid

I feel like we are in the baby steps of biulding the offense and our defense is much further along then theirs is....and sooner or later that lack of D is gonna bite the chiefs in the butt.

The last game and a half of this season our defense has been absolutely dominant

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Re the 195 yards passing, there were four clear and obvious drops and no circus catches to counterbalance the drops. He should have thrown for 260+ and ~12 ypa. 

Yeah but he also had a couple fumbles and a pretty bad underthrow to Foster that should have been picked.

It was fun to watch him have his first good game but so far he's no Ryan Fitzpatrick.?

Whole lotta' big numbers getting put up by QB's around the league.

Some of you are crazy. KC continues to play weak teams early and everyone gets all impressed. They played the Chargers, 49ers and Steelers all weak ass teams. They will start off hot and pretend to be great and Majoke will look awesome, then they will face better teams and fall on their faces like they do every year. They have no D and they are getting lucky with some of the circus catches, that's not a sustainable formula for winning. 

If Mahomes came with Reid and their roster then I might be interested. But I'm happy with what we have in White and Allen.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Mahomes is still the answer, ya'll are insane.  

This is the "would you trade EJ for Ryan Tannehill" topics all over again.

If Mahomes and Allen are Tannehill and EJ, then I dont want ANY of them.

But they arent, and it's a completely different conversation.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Asked this in the shout box and sparked and interesting convo and curious to what a larger group will think...

Mahomes is off to an insanely hot start and Allen just showed some serious potential today too.  Mahomes got to learn for a year and has the best stable of offensive weapons arguably in the NFL, so he has some advantages obviously in terms of where the two are at in development.  But, by trading down last year, we got White and eventually picked up Allen this year through a series of trades.  

So...today, would you rather have Mahomes or the combo of Allen and Tre?  Not speculating on what we could or couldn't have drafted...just focusing on these 3 guys since its all we know.  Mahomes or both Allen and Tre?

Call me a homer, but I still go Allen and Tre even though Mahomes has been as hot as it gets so far.  Not a knock on Mahomes, just that I think Allen is going to be great himself and Tre is already an Elite corner IMO.  So I will take the 2 great players over 1.  

This is a great poll and I was just thinking this.

Additional draft picks aside, the spirit of the trade is Mahomes for Allen and Tre.

Tre is becoming a shut down CB in this league, and a leader for our defense for the next decade.  Allen has shown he could be our next franchise QB.

Mahomes has had a great 3 games, but it's just that.  When Deshawn Watson arrived he played out of his mind as well.  Houston with him at QB is 0-3.

Plus keep in mind Mahomes sat for a year.  Allen is jumping right in and experiencing success.

Honestly, to early to call.  But if I had to make a decision right his moment, as great as Mahomes has played, I would say Allen and Tre.  Those are two cornerstones of this franchise, vs. one guy (Mahomes) who has been playing out of his mind, but over the course of time isn't as great has he has been these last three weeks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Admittedly I would have traded Mario for Skelton but I would take the current version if Mahomes. I’d like to revisit this after a year of Allen though. I’m not including Tre White until I can include Kareem Hunt.  Thanks 

Edited by bobblehead

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There isn't really any parallel between Allen and Mahomes right now.

Allen was pretty bad last week and pretty good this week. 

He's all hope and potential wrapped in 195 yards passing.

Mahomes has been the NFL MVP so far and is blowing up the record books.

I know some of you would watch bad football every day of the week if the Bills won 40% of those games but I personally can't unsee the "Tyrod and the turds" passing offense last year.

I want the QB who throws 6 TD's and 0 picks.

Been waiting for that for a quarter century.

We are all thrilled to see Allen making plays with his feet and making some impressive throws.........but that same thing got old with Tyrod when it didn't become more.

Until it becomes a lot more.........like Mahomes.........it's not a lot more.

If anything I'd say that this question by the OP is out of context........these 2 QB's aren't in the same place right now and it's not really fair to compare Allen to Mahomes just yet.

How utterly predictable.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Mahomes has had a great 3 games, but it's just that.  When Deshawn Watson arrived he played out of his mind as well.  Houston with him at QB is 0-3.

THIS.

So much this it isn't funny.

14 minutes ago, Yav said:

Some of you are crazy. KC continues to play weak teams early and everyone gets all impressed. They played the Chargers, 49ers and Steelers all weak ass teams. They will start off hot and pretend to be great and Majoke will look awesome, then they will face better teams and fall on their faces like they do every year. They have no D and they are getting lucky with some of the circus catches, that's not a sustainable formula for winning. 

While I think Mahommes has made some pretty good throws.....take a look at most of their scores....he is simply putting it into a playmaker's hands and they are breaking tackles, making ppl miss, and outrunning ppl........they are running the ball down ppls throats and their pass catcher's are wide open......

I dont see Mahommes making throws to guys that are well covered.....

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

How utterly predictable.

:rolleyes:

THIS.

So much this it isn't funny.

3 great games isn't as good as a meh game and a good game? On TBD?  Color me shocked.

If Allen has a three game stretch like Mahomes did this year, I'm sure we'd all be saying, "yeah but Darnold....."  LOL

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

3 great games isn't as good as a meh game and a good game? On TBD?  Color me shocked.

If Allen has a three game stretch like Mahomes did this year, I'm sure we'd all be saying, "yeah but Darnold....."  LOL

Dig them heels in son. Dig 'em in!

Just now, John from Riverside said:

While I think Mahommes has made some pretty good throws.....take a look at most of their scores....he is simply putting it into a playmaker's hands and they are breaking tackles, making ppl miss, and outrunning ppl........they are running the ball down ppls throats and their pass catcher's are wide open......

I dont see Mahommes making throws to guys that are well covered.....

14 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

It's not 3 great games. It's 3 absolutely mind blowing games. 

He is in uncharted territory and outpacing what Manning and Brees did in their best seasons. 

Of course he'll slow down. He's not going to throw 70 TDs this year, but he might throw 40+. Insane for a second year player.

I find it hysterical that this board is so quick to diminish Mahomes accomplishments while propping up Allen for one game where he played Cpt Checkdown.

Edited by TheElectricCompany