Would you rather have: Mahomes or both Allen & Tre?

Alphadawg7

Would you rather Poll  

309 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have right now...

• Patrick Mahomes
    • Josh Allen and Tre White

I’ll take 2 potential HoFers over one every day.  

I think things would be much different for Mr Maholmes if he were throwing to KBum and the Brickhands like Allen is.  

Things would also also be much different for Mr Allen if he had Andy Reid calling his plays while throwing to the most talented weaponry in the league,

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I like to think that Tremaine Edmunds factors into the equation when I look at that trade. 

I know he didn’t technically come from the KC trade. But still... If we didn’t have the extra 1st from the KC trade, we would not have been able to draft both Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds in the 1st this year. 

Overall, I think it’s too early to judge yet. Mahomes is off to a great start, but the circumstances are much different and it’s still too soon to know whether he can sustain this. The NFL tends to catch up to guys pretty quick. 

We heard last year about how passing on Watson was a huge mistake and he might be the best young QB ever... and now we are not hearing as much talk about Watson with his average start to this year.  Not saying Watson stinks or mahomes won’t comtinue to light it up. Just that you really have to wait and hold judgement until guys are in the league for a while. 

If we had our qb last year we wouldn’t need two picks to get a qb and something else this year 

i do agree its waaaay too early to write the book on either guy.

Edited by NoSaint

48 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Should be...

Mahomes/Watkins/Darby/Tyrod/Glenn

versus

Allen/White/ Edmunds/ Phillips/Teller

Think that just about covers it..

This may not be 100% accurate, but it pretty much captures what McBeane were up to with their series of draft pick trades.  And if you look at it this way, it's a perfectly justifiable plan (hey, let's call it a "process!") for the Bills. Mahomes was the right move for KC given where they are in the competition cycle. I hope that the second list turns out to be the right move for the Bills at our point in that cycle (that is, planning to be fully competitive next year, and a very good team by 2020).

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’ll take 2 potential HoFers over one every day.  

I think things would be much different for Mr Maholmes if he were throwing to KBum and the Brickhands like Allen is.  

Things would also also be much different for Mr Allen if he had Andy Reid calling his plays while throwing to the most talented weaponry in the league,

There isn't really any parallel between Allen and Mahomes right now.

Allen was pretty bad last week and pretty good this week. 

He's all hope and potential wrapped in 195 yards passing.

Mahomes has been the NFL MVP so far and is blowing up the record books.

I know some of you would watch bad football every day of the week if the Bills won 40% of those games but I personally can't unsee the "Tyrod and the turds" passing offense last year.

I want the QB who throws 6 TD's and 0 picks.

Been waiting for that for a quarter century.

We are all thrilled to see Allen making plays with his feet and making some impressive throws.........but that same thing got old with Tyrod when it didn't become more.

Until it becomes a lot more.........like Mahomes.........it's not a lot more.

If anything I'd say that this question by the OP is out of context........these 2 QB's aren't in the same place right now and it's not really fair to compare Allen to Mahomes just yet.

• Like (+1) 3

Impossible to answer this question now. I will say a bunch of Mahomes's TDs are just his receivers and RBs making good plays to get into the endzone. But he's also reading the field well. They may end up being very similar QBs when all is said and done which means you take Allen and White.

The Chiefs right now remind me of Kurt Warner in his first year. A unique talent at QB combined with great skill position players and a great offensive system already in place. I don't know if the Chiefs will make a deep run in the playoffs until they have some semblance of a defense though.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If we had our qb last year we wouldn’t need two picks to get a qb and something else this year 

i do agree its waaaay too early to write the book on either guy.

That’s a good point.

So maybe you can look at it more like White + Allen + Edmunds Vs Mahomes + whoever we would have drafted in the 1st this year. I’d say Edmunds but there is too much unknown to say for sure (who knows where we’d have picked without White on the field last year, and/or if Mahomes came in instead of Peterman, or won the job out of camp). 

So hopefully in the long run we end up ahead by 1 position filled because of that trade, since it allowed us an extra 1st.... (if all 3 work out in the long run, and Mahomes does too). 

If we were able to get our #1 CB and QB of the future on offense and defense, we made out pretty well from the results of that trade. Only time will tell... 

Really, it probably all comes down to Allen vs Mahomes. If Mahomes is light years better, I am not sure White + Edmunds can make up for that. If they are comparable, or Allen is better, then White + Edmunds make it a win in my book. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know some of you would watch bad football every day of the week if the Bills won 40% of those games but I personally can't unsee the "Tyrod and the turds" passing offense last year.

We are all thrilled to see Allen making plays with his feet and making some impressive throws.........but that same thing got old with Tyrod when it didn't become more.

If anything I'd say that this question by the OP is out of context........these 2 QB's aren't in the same place right now and it's not really fair to compare Allen to Mahomes just yet.

I’m sure tyreek would’ve dropped that dime allen dropped in fosters hands....

as as well as the dart into KBs chest.  2 TDs dropped.

im not saying allen has arrived....I’m saying that having Andy reid calling plays and having Hill, Kelce, Sammy and Hunt is a big part of Maholmes being the early leader for MVP.  It would be a much different story if he was the QB in Buffalo this year.  Our pass catchers are the worst in the NfL.....and it’s not even close.  We’ll hopefully get them next year.

adding Tre’davious is the cherry on top.  He was stellar today shadowing Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m sure tyreek would’ve dropped that dime allen dropped in fosters hands....

as as well as the dart into KBs chest.  2 TDs dropped.

im not saying allen has arrived....I’m saying that having Andy reid calling plays and having Hill, Kelce, Sammy and Hunt is a big part of Maholmes being the early leader for MVP.  It would be a much different story if he was the QB in Buffalo this year.  Our pass catchers are the worst in the NfL.....and it’s not even close.  We’ll hopefully get them next year.

adding Tre’davious is the cherry on top.  He was stellar today shadowing Diggs. 

So if McDermott was a better coach like Andy Reid...........and if McDermott had kept Watkins (and perhaps Woods and Goodwin?) and drafted JuJu instead of Zay when he was serving as de facto GM .........then Allen would have thrown 10 TD's in his first two starts and had the Bills scoring close to 40 every week?

Maybe so.

But the old "I trust our coach and he shouldn't be questioned but our players would be better if we had THAT coach" argument never really made sense to me.

The Bills had Mahomes in hand.

He's REALLY good now.

Hopefully it turns into an interesting story line in a few AFC championship matchups between KC and Buffalo someday.

Next to Aaron Rodgers......Mahomes and Allen probably the most impressive physical skills of all the QB's in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do you not think maybe KC's line, and huge array of weapons factor into his play?

who would you rather throw to?
Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Watkins, Hunt.......or...
Stone-Hands Benjamin, "Gonna jump through this glass" Jones, Overpaid Clay, and String-bean Holmes?

its not even close as terms of weapons to judge from, plus Mahomes has two full offseasons, one as the Day 1 Starter. Allen was splitting reps watching McCarron and Peterman...

PS: McCoy not on my list of "weapons" since he was inactive

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Do you not think maybe KC's line, and huge array of weapons factor into his play?

Stone-Hands Benjamin, "Gonna jump through this glass" Jones, Overpaid Clay, and String-bean Holmes?

its not even close as terms of weapons to judge from, plus Mahomes has two full offseasons, one as the Day 1 Starter. Allen was splitting reps watching McCarron and Peterman...

I'm not even sure he is a weapon anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Yeah McDermott and Beane definitely destroyed the WR corps.

Just disgusting to watch.

Not sure what's worse McDermott not picking up Watkins option and Beane basically swapping him for the equivalent of Benjamin and a 4th........ or McDermott allowing his WR coach to talk him into trading up for Zay Jones when JuJu was on the board.:doh:

McDermott letting Woods and Goodwin get away didn't help the situation either.  

7 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

Mahomes is brilliant but it will be tough to sustain this hot start. 

Agreed........he will not throw 70 TD passes.