Would you rather have: Mahomes or both Allen & Tre?

Alphadawg7

Would you rather Poll  

309 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have right now...

• Patrick Mahomes
    • Josh Allen and Tre White

Asked this in the shout box and sparked and interesting convo and curious to what a larger group will think...

Mahomes is off to an insanely hot start and Allen just showed some serious potential today too.  Mahomes got to learn for a year and has the best stable of offensive weapons arguably in the NFL, so he has some advantages obviously in terms of where the two are at in development.  But, by trading down last year, we got White and eventually picked up Allen this year through a series of trades.  

So...today, would you rather have Mahomes or the combo of Allen and Tre?  Not speculating on what we could or couldn't have drafted...just focusing on these 3 guys since its all we know.  Mahomes or both Allen and Tre?

Call me a homer, but I still go Allen and Tre even though Mahomes has been as hot as it gets so far.  Not a knock on Mahomes, just that I think Allen is going to be great himself and Tre is already an Elite corner IMO.  So I will take the 2 great players over 1.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

12 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

The problem is that isn't exactly the formula. You need to ADD all the players we may have obtained from the trades to get Allen on the Mahomes side.

Totally understand its not an exact science here.  But thats why I specifically said thats not part of the question just simply because we have no idea who those players would be, how they look so far, what positions they would have drafted, etc.  Just asking straight up...if we could have Allen and Tre, or Mahomes...who would it be.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Allen and Tre. 

Got a man crush on Allen today.

His leadership, swag, poise, gun of a arm, mobility.

I think he is going to be really special one day .

And on top of it, Tre white is just incredible. He has all pro written all over him

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 3

Without Tre this team does not go to the playoffs last year. I’m glad we got that monkey off our back... No surprise KC is scoring a lot of points, they do it at the start of every season. I remember Hunt getting all the hype for the Chiefs at the start of the season last year.

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

I was probably the only person on TSW who had Tre White as the top CB in the draft and I was thrilled with the Allen pick.

But Mahomes plus Watkins plus Cordy Glenn = a better and much more exciting team.

Josh Allen looks like maybe someday he will be very good...........Mahomes right now looks like the freakin' MVP of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Allen and Tre. 

Got a man crush on Allen today.

His leadership, swag, poise, gun of a arm, mobility.

I think he is going to be really special one day .

And on top of it, Tre white is just incredible. He has all pro written all over him

This.  There is something about Allen..idk what it is.  And white is one of the best corners in football without a doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

This is an easy answer for me......

Ppl just auto think Mahommes would look that good if he was here.......they are not taking into account that

- He got to sit a year

- He is making easy throws to guys who are doing something with the ball after they catch it MOST of the time....he is sprinkling some very good throws in there as well but its a lot easier to do that when you have guys around you and your just putting hte ball in their hands...

Then

You factor in that we got a real shut down corner in Tre.......AND the fact that we had 2 1st rounders when it was all said and done so Edmunds has to also be thrown into the equation......

This is nothing against Mahommes who is on fire right now....but jesus he is totally set up for success this year.

18 minutes ago, Rico said:

Right now, Allen & Tre no doubt.

Mahomes may end up great, but he is one ugly mother#%^*er.  Scary ugly, like “leave your helmet on 24-7” ugly. Perfect fit for Kansas City.

Madison Ave will clean up Mahomes.    You won't recognize him.   They fixed the uber-dweeby Aaron Rodgers.   

The one I don't get is your local QB Flacco.    

His neck beard is so snarled that when he lifts his chin it looks like horizontal cornrows.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Mahomes is great.  But as with every andy Reid team this too will come to an end.  He has weapons and they make him look good.  

Why?  Can't we call a spade a spade...Mahommes is breaking NFL records set by Peyton Manning..Give credit where it is due.

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I voted Mahomes, but give me a few more games like today and I change my vote. 

And its early. But I’m really, really excited with where Allen is. I’m really impressed. 

+1

• Like (+1) 1

I like to think that Tremaine Edmunds factors into the equation when I look at that trade. 

I know he didn’t technically come from the KC trade. But still... If we didn’t have the extra 1st from the KC trade, we would not have been able to draft both Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds in the 1st this year. 

Overall, I think it’s too early to judge yet. Mahomes is off to a great start, but the circumstances are much different and it’s still too soon to know whether he can sustain this. The NFL tends to catch up to guys pretty quick. 

We heard last year about how passing on Watson was a huge mistake and he might be the best young QB ever... and now we are not hearing as much talk about Watson with his average start to this year.  Not saying Watson stinks or mahomes won’t comtinue to light it up. Just that you really have to wait and hold judgement until guys are in the league for a while. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Madison Ave will clean up Mahomes.    You won't recognize him.   They fixed the uber-dweeby Aaron Rodgers.   

The one I don't get is your local QB Flacco.    

His neck beard is so snarled that when he lifts his chin it looks like horizontal cornrows.

Yeah, but he rocks that unibrow!

18j5qy18r5d9djpg.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1