Here comes Rosen

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Has any single person alive made so much for doing so little? 

More than likely, the answer is yes. There are far more wealthy individuals than NFL QBs. Folks whose money alone has made more money than Bradford will ever see. As far as NFL QBs though, his $$ per TD pass is astounding. 

Rosen is goat barf.  Total sour-puss.  How would you like to have that mug be the face to rally your team from down 10 in the 4th quarter?  Hard to picture him leading Mills and Dawkins - or Teller or Ray Ray.  He is Cutler with a less positive personality and a noodle arm.  Allen, Mayfield, and Darnold will all be top-flight:  Rosen will be out of the league in 3.  

22 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Really feels like Jay Cutler without nearly the same arm.

I have my share of skepticism with McBeane, though I think I understand their plan.  I have absolutely no idea what Arizona (or Oakland for that matter) is trying to do.

Oddly, looking at comments on allen vids and other teams message boards they seem to think allen is a modern day cutler. Fwiw, u dont need to convince me hes not as i didnt say it - i just thgt it was funny so many ppl wanna compare someone to cutler...who was a modern day jeff george.

I think the biggest problem w comparisions or judging is that 2 of these guys havent even made their 1st start let alone have a chance for a sophmore slump. We have no clue what any of these guys will develop into. Its not fair to allen for example to say we finally found our guy after last week and those same folks will be saying he is a bust if he regresses next week. I dont see why its so hard to not get too high or too low and judge the season as a whole rather than going bonkers after each game. 

22 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Has any single person alive made so much for doing so little? 

Wet mat victim Kevin Kolb comes to mind.

Bradford has a career earnings of $129M. He has 2,967 Pass Attempts. That's $43,478.26 per Pass Attempt.

Kevin Kolb has a career earnings of $47M. He has 755 Pass Attempts. That's $62,251.66 per Pass Attempt.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Bradford has a career earnings of $129M. He has 2,967 Pass Attempts. That's $43,478.26 per Pass Attempt.

Kevin Kolb has a career earnings of $47M. He has 755 Pass Attempts. That's $62,251.66 per Pass Attempt.

Jamarcus Russell is up there too

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Oddly, looking at comments on allen vids and other teams message boards they seem to think allen is a modern day cutler. Fwiw, u dont need to convince me hes not as i didnt say it - i just thgt it was funny so many ppl wanna compare someone to cutler...who was a modern day jeff george.

I think the biggest problem w comparisions or judging is that 2 of these guys havent even made their 1st start let alone have a chance for a sophmore slump. We have no clue what any of these guys will develop into. Its not fair to allen for example to say we finally found our guy after last week and those same folks will be saying he is a bust if he regresses next week. I dont see why its so hard to not get too high or too low and judge the season as a whole rather than going bonkers after each game. 

I never understood some of the comparisons Allen got through the whole process.  I saw plenty of Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf comps.  Personality wise Allen doesn't seem to be from the same planet as those type of guys.  From everything I've seen on Allen he's a down to earth gym rat.  Play style he looks to be in the Cam / Big Ben mold, neither guy has pinpoint accuracy, but they both possess the ability to keep the play alive and arm to make plays downfield.

As for Cutler - Rosen, it doesn't take a wild imagination to see Rosen as a spoiled brat.  

• Like (+1) 2

I made a few points in the spring before the draft about Rosen, how he is not a good teammate, how is own coach said he wouldn't take him first overall.  I also mentioned last year their opening game against A&M when they made that unreal comeback that not one other player looked like they were celebrating with Rosen, he was kind of by himself, I thought that was very odd & tells me that he was not really liked by his teammates.  Could be me reading way too much into it but I don't think so.  

As far as tangible ability, he looks small out there, he has a history filled with injuries, I don't think he will hold up against NFL hits.  His arm looks average, I am glad we took Allen over him.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

The Cutler comparisons with Allen are because of the huge arm. The Cutler comparisons with Rosen are because of the perceived attitude. 

24 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I made a few points in the spring before the draft about Rosen, how he is not a good teammate, how is own coach said he wouldn't take him first overall.  I also mentioned last year their opening game against A&M when they made that unreal comeback that not one other player looked like they were celebrating with Rosen, he was kind of by himself, I thought that was very odd & tells me that he was not really liked by his teammates.  Could be me reading way too much into it but I don't think so.  

As far as tangible ability, he looks small out there, he has a history filled with injuries, I don't think he will hold up against NFL hits.  His arm looks average, I am glad we took Allen over him.  

Plus, Gordio, I don't think he can leap over anybody, other than a smurf...I believe they are 3 apples tall according to my niece.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Cutler comparisons with Allen are because of the huge arm. The Cutler comparisons with Rosen are because of the perceived attitude. 

Agreed, and imo, both are pretty lazy comps. 

At least i understand the rosen/cutler. 

I take reading the comments w a grain of salt bc i have no idea how much they watch or what their football IQs are, but there are plenty of other big arm qb busts to compare him too and their attitudes seem to be night and day.

A lot of it is in the eye of the beholder. I dipped in the vikings ingame chat just to read and was suprised to see them complaining they hated allen bc he was super cokey.  I didnt see that at all, but again... to each their own

19 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Agreed, and imo, both are pretty lazy comps. 

At least i understand the rosen/cutler. 

I take reading the comments w a grain of salt bc i have no idea how much they watch or what their football IQs are, but there are plenty of other big arm qb busts to compare him too and their attitudes seem to be night and day.

A lot of it is in the eye of the beholder. I dipped in the vikings ingame chat just to read and was suprised to see them complaining they hated allen bc he was super cokey.  I didnt see that at all, but again... to each their own

Tbh i don’t really view Cutler as a bust. He never won anything and was never “great” but he was a franchise QB for years. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

LOL, those numbers are solid compared to this guy...

78 career pass attempts, after next year he will have made $34,304,317.

Thats $439,789 PER ATTEMPT....

Congrats to CHASE DANIEL on an absolutely stellar career :D (From an earnings perspective)

Edited by STL-Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1